University Hospital Bonn
Department of Gynecology, Mammology and Gynecologic Oncology (26273)
Specialized in: gynecology, mammology, gynecologic oncology
The Department of Gynecology and Gynecologic Oncology at the University Hospital Bonn aims at achieving the best possible quality in patient care, research and student teaching. The head of the Department is Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. Walther Kuhn. In accordance with the “pillar concept” of the professional association, the German Society of Gynaecology and Obstetrics, all areas of the field are represented in the Department of Gynecology. In addition, the spectrum of the Department of Gynecology is expanded by the functional areas “gynecological psychosomatics” and “plastic and aesthetic surgery”.
The Department of Gynecology and Gynecologic Oncology offers the entire spectrum of gynecological operations and specializes in the therapy of benign and malignant cancers. The Breast Center and the Gynecologic Cancer Center along with other university disciplines form part of the Department. These Centers are certified by independent experts according to the recommendations of the German Cancer Society. The Comprehensive Cancer Center CIO Cologne-Bonn (Center for Integrated Oncology) has been established since 2007. The German Cancer Society recognized it as one of the best 10 German Cancer Centers.
The Department of Gynecology and Gynecologic Oncology at the University Hospital Bonn includes the following focuses:
- Gynecologic Cancer Center Bonn
- Certified Breast Center
- Gynecological psychosomatics
- Gynecological outpatient clinic
- Oncological daytime clinic
- Counseling on dysplasia
- Outpatient surgery
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Counseling on urogynecology
The key focuses of the Department of Gynecology and Gynecologic Oncology at the University Hospital Bonn under the direction of Univ.-Prof. Dr. med. Walther Kuhn are:
- Conservative and surgical treatment of inflammatory or benign diseases
- Urogynecology with both conservative and surgical treatment for urinary incontinence and genital prolapse (vaginal, uterine prolapse and prolapsed bladder)
- Early detection, surgical and conservative treatment as well as the further care of patients with malignant breast diseases and malignant oncological tumors (ovary, uterus, fallopian tubes, vulva)
According to the Focus magazine rating of 2017, the Department of Gynecology and Gynecologic Oncology at the University Hospital Bonn ranks among the top German departments specializing in breast cancer treatment!
- Bonn, Germany