University Hospital Bonn
Department of Gynecology and Gynecologic Oncology (26273)
Specialized in: gynecology, gynecologic oncology
About the department
The Department of Gynecology and Gynecologic Oncology at the University Hospital Bonn offers the full range of modern diagnostics and treatment of various diseases of the female reproductive system. Of particular interest is the surgical treatment of malignant diseases of the female reproductive organs. The department also specializes in the conservative and surgical treatment of inflammatory processes, benign tumors. The department's doctors have in their arsenal a variety of minimally invasive surgical techniques with the use of laparoscopy and hysteroscopy, which contributes to the most sparing and safe therapeutic process. An integral part of clinical practice is urogynecology, in particular the treatment of urinary incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse. The department is headed by PD Dr. med. Mignon-Denise Keyver-Paik.
The department is proud of its exceptional competence in the treatment of cancer of the female reproductive organs (uterine, cervical, ovarian, fallopian tube cancer, etc.). To ensure the highest level of medical care in this field, the department has established the Cancer Center, which was certificated by the German Cancer Society for its high treatment success rates. In addition, the department is part of the Center of Integrated Oncology Cologne-Bonn funded by the German Cancer Aid (Deutsche Krebshilfe). Thus, the department has created optimal conditions for the effective treatment of oncopathologies of the female reproductive system. The department is one of the most reputable medical facilities of this kind in Germany and Europe.
Special attention should be paid to the high-tech equipment of the department, which allows the doctors to provide the extremely accurate diagnostics in the slightest changes in the female reproductive organs and minimally invasive treatment of such pathological disorders. The advantage of minimally invasive surgery is fast recovery after surgery, lack of damage to healthy tissues, minimal risk of postoperative infections and complications, minimal pain. A great number of these interventions are performed on an outpatient basis. Also, the department's specialists widely apply laparoscopic methods, for example, during the hysterectomy, removal of cervical malignant neoplasms or uterine extirpation. Since December 2018, the progressive minimally invasive interventions are performed in the department using the da Vinci surgical system, which ensures the phenomenal accuracy during the operation, up to millimeters.
The main clinical focuses of the department include:
- General gynecology
- Treatment of uterine fibroids
- High-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU)
- Uterine artery embolization
- Treatment of urinary incontinence and pelvic organ prolapse (within the specialized center, certified by the German Continence Society)
- Treatment of cervical dysplasia
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Laparoscopy (for example, in pains, adhesions in the lower abdomen, hysterectomy, malignant uterine, cervical tumors, etc.)
- Minimally invasive surgery using the state-of-art da Vinci surgical system
- Treatment of uterine fibroids
- Treatment of gynecologic cancers (on the basis of the specialized Cancer Center and Center of Integrated Oncology Cologne-Bonn)
- Uterine cancer
- Cervical cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Fallopian tube cancer
- Vulvar cancer (external genital organs)
- Other types of cancer in women
- Chemotherapy (including hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy)
- Surgical treatment
- Supportive therapy
- Other gynecological diseases and treatment options
Photo of the doctor: (c) Universitätsklinikum Bonn
Department of Gynecology and Gynecologic Oncology.
University Hospital Bonn:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.