University Hospital Bonn
Department of Neurosurgery (26289)
Specialized in: neurosurgery
About the department
The Department of Neurosurgery at the University Hospital Bonn offers the full range of surgical treatment of diseases of the nervous system and belongs to the largest medical facilities of this kind at the national level. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Hartmut Vatter.
The department has 4 state-of-art operating rooms where more than 2,700 interventions are performed annually. It has the progressive surgical equipment, for example, intraoperative monitoring, neuronavigation, tools for performing minimally invasive operations, which provide the most effective and reliable therapy. The department has earned the reputation of the Center of Competence in the field of tumor surgery of the nervous system and spine.
In addition, the key to the department’s successful clinical practice is a modern and the most accurate diagnostics. For example, it carries out such examinations as computed tomography with 3D reconstruction, magnetic resonance imaging (also during surgery and under anesthesia), digital angiography with 3D reconstruction, invasive and non-invasive diagnostics of epilepsy, etc.
The service range of the department includes:
- Neurosurgical oncology (surgical treatment of tumors of the brain and its meninges, skull, spinal cord and spinal column)
- Stereotactic surgery
- Interdisciplinary therapy
- Stereotactic and functional neurosurgery
- Deep brain stimulation
- Movement disorders (Parkinson's disease, dystonia, essential tremor)
- Neuromodulation and special pain therapy
- Neuropsychiatric conditions (obsessive-compulsive disorder, depression, Alzheimer's disease, Tourette syndrome)
- Trigeminal neuralgia
- Hemifacial spasm
- Vascular neurosurgery
- Cerebral aneurysms
- Arteriovenous malformations (angiomas)
- Dural arteriovenous fistulas
- Extra- and intracranial shunting
- Skull base surgery
- Pituitary surgery
- Acoustic neuroma
- Skull base meningioma
- Surgical treatment of epilepsy
- Spinal surgery
- Spinal disc herniation (cervical, thoracic, lumbar spine)
- Ventral and dorsal spinal stabilization
- Tumors of the spine and spinal cord
- Inflammatory spinal diseases (spondylodiscitis, arthritis)
- Peripheral nerve surgery
- Other medical services
Prof. Hartmut Vatter is the Head of the Department of Neurosurgery at the University Hospital Bonn. His clinical focuses include minimally invasive microneurosurgery, cranial and spinal neuronavigation, cranial and spinal endoscopy, intraoperative MRT and 3-D X-ray technique, conscious surgery, functional stereotactic surgical and irradiation techniques. Of particular importance is neurovascular surgery.
Department of Neurosurgery.
University Hospital Bonn:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home