University Hospital Bonn
Department of Oral, Maxillofacial and Facial Plastic Surgery (26295)
Specialized in: oral, maxillofacial, facial plastic surgery
About the department
The Department of Oral, Maxillofacial and Facial Plastic Surgery at the University Hospital Bonn offers the full range of diagnostic, conservative and surgical treatment, prevention and rehabilitation services in diseases, injuries, fractures, developmental malformations, tumors and other changes of the facial skull, teeth, periodontal membrane, alveolar processes, solid palate, etc. The department is the largest center for the surgical treatment of congenital malformations and maxillofacial cancer surgery. The treatment is carried out using the very latest surgical methods and medical technologies. The department is headed by a leading expert in the field of maxillofacial and oncological surgery, Prof. Dr. med Dr. dent. Franz-Josef Kramer.
The department’s range of surgical treatment includes the treatment of both jaws (including the operative jaw orthopedics), palate, lips, maxilla and zygoma, mandible (including the temporomandibular joint), tongue, oral cavity walls, salivary glands (especially the submandibular gland and parotid salivary gland), as well as of the soft tissues in the facial skull, lymph nodes, etc.
The focus is on the surgical treatment of malignant tumors of the oral cavity and the maxillofacial region. The department has in its arsenal the very latest medical advances, for example, intraoperative navigation systems, which allow the doctor to accurately orient himself in the head and neck regions and plan the reconstruction of defects using 3D imaging. In addition, the department also offers the full range of modern dentistry, including dental implantology. There are available all the treatment options with the use of implants and bone augmentation through the use of bone grafts and complex techniques (distraction).
The department's team is actively engaged in scientific research of benign and malignant diseases of the oral cavity and maxillofacial region, as well as the improvement of diagnostic and treatment methods. Thanks to this, the department's patients receive the highest level of medical services.
The diagnostic and therapeutic range of the department:
- Acute and secondary traumatology
- Aesthetic plastic surgery (in the face and neck)
- Aesthetic dentistry
- Surgical correction of skull malformations
- Dental implantology
- Dentoalveolar surgery
- Diagnostics and treatment of maxillofacial anomalies
- Diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the salivary glands
- Diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the paranasal sinuses
- Diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the trachea
- Diagnostics and treatment of skin tumors
- Diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the oral cavity
- Diagnostics and treatment of dental diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of the external ear
- Diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the jaw and mandibular joint
- Diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the dental apparatus
- Diagnostics and treatment of cleft palate
- Diagnostics and treatment of developmental disorders and teething
- Diagnostics and treatment of tumors in the oral cavity and maxillofacial region
- Diagnostics and treatment of head and neck injuries
- Maxillofacial surgery
- Laser surgery
- Surgeries on the bones of the jaw and skull base
- Surgical correction of ear defects
- Plastic reconstructive surgery
- Treatment of the facial nerve disorders
- Dental and surgical interventions under general anesthesia
- Rehabilitation within the project "Epithetics"
- And other diagnostic and therapeutic interventions
- 1987 - 1994 Study of Medicine at the Hannover Medical School.
- 1991 - 1997 Study of Dentistry at the Hannover Medical School.
- 04/1997 Dr. med.
- 11/1999 Dr. med. dent.
- 1996 - 2004 Physician in the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the Hannover Medical School (Director: Prof. Dr. Dr. J. E. Hausamen), since 2002 Senior Physician.
- 2001 Specialization in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
- 2004 Additional qualification: "Plastic Surgery" and habilitation.
- 10/2004 Transfer to the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the Georg August University of Göttingen (Director: Prof. Dr. Dr. H. Schliephake) and appointment as the Head of the department.
- 2009 Extraordinary Professor.
- Since 08/2018 Director of the Department of Oral, Maxillofacial and Plastic Surgery at the University Hospital Bonn.
Department of Oral, Maxillofacial and Facial Plastic Surgery.
University Hospital Bonn:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home