University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus Dresden
Department of Adult and Pediatric Gynecology, Mammology and Obstetrics (292209)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric gynecology, mammology, obstetrics
About the department
According to the Focus magazine, the Department of Adult and Pediatric Gynecology, Mammology and Obstetrics at the University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus Dresden is included in the ranking of the top German departments specializing in obstetrics and breast cancer treatment!
The department offers the full range of surgical and conservative treatment of the pathologies of the female reproductive system, breast, as well as first-class obstetric services, including pregnancy management and postnatal care for both mother and child. The excellent technical equipment of the department, highly qualified medical personnel and the availability of advanced treatments ensure optimal, tailored treatment at the highest level. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Pauline Wimberger.
The department is part of the Comprehensive Cancer Center Dresden, which belongs to 11 expert-level Cancer Centers in Germany. The treatment of gynecologic cancers and breast cancer is carried out within the framework of the specialized centers operating on the basis of the department. In these fields, the department has gained an excellent reputation and today is certified by the German Cancer Society. The patients of the department are offered the whole range of diagnostics, surgical treatment (complex oncological interventions, including minimally invasive and robotic surgery), drug treatment, radiation therapy and follow-up in accordance with the very latest scientific achievements. In addition, the department’s tasks include the provision of professional psychological help to cancer patients, as well as support of social workers, psychotherapists and specially trained nursing staff.
Another important focus of the department is general gynecology, which focuses on the treatment of endometriosis and uterine fibroids. Sparing minimally invasive techniques, including robotic laparoscopy, are used to treat these pathologies. Also, the department’s doctors specialize in the diagnostics and treatment of infertility. To this end, the department has the whole arsenal of effective methods.
In the field of obstetrics, expectant mothers are offered a comprehensive management of pregnancy, including high-risk pregnancy. The child is delivered by the experienced obstetricians who do everything possible to ensure that it is as safe and painless as possible. To relieve pain during childbirth, various anesthetic techniques are offered, for example, homeopathy, acupuncture, epidural anesthesia, relaxation baths. All delivery rooms are equipped with modern infrastructure and the necessary aids for a successful delivery.
The service range of the department includes:
- Diagnostics and treatment of cancers of the female reproductive system
- Surgical treatment
- Extensive surgical interventions
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Operations using the daVinci robot
- Drug therapy
- Hormone therapy
- Antibody therapy
- Targeted therapy
- Radiation therapy, including combined chemoradiation therapy
- Surgical treatment
- Diagnostics and treatment of breast cancer
- Clinical diagnostics with examination and palpation of the mammary glands, lymph nodes
- Ultrasound examinations
- Breast MRI
- Puncture biopsy (minimally invasive technique)
- Open diagnostic interventions for tissue sampling
- Surgical treatment
- Breast-conserving surgery
- Breast resection with its subsequent reconstruction
- Lymph node surgery
- Systemic therapy
- Antihormonal therapy
- Radiation therapy
- Diagnostics and treatment of endometriosis
- Diagnostics and treatment of uterine fibroids
- Diagnostics and treatment of dysplasia
- Diagnostics and treatment of gynecologic problems in girls
- Premature or late puberty
- Menstrual disorders
- Vaginal discharge of unclear origin
- Vaginal inflammations
- Labial fusion
- Developmental disorders and anomalies of the reproductive system in girls
- Suspected sexual abuse
- Diagnostics and treatment of urinary incontinence, including stress incontinence
- Diagnostics and treatment of pelvic prolapse in women
- Diagnostics and treatment of infertility
- Andrologic diagnostics
- Care for the patients with polycystic ovary syndrome
- Ultrasound diagnostics of the fallopian tubes (with contrast enhancement)
- Hormonal diagnostics
- Intrauterine insemination
- In vitro fertilization
- Ovarian tissue cryopreservation prior to chemotherapy
- Cryopreservation of sperm and fertilized oocytes
- Laparoscopic fertility diagnostics
- Hatching (using laser technology)
- Microsurgery to eliminate fallopian tube obstruction
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection into the egg cell (ICSI after TESE/MESA)
- Consultations on naturopathy (traditional Chinese medicine)
- Embryo PGD
- Puncture in the natural cycle, IVF/ICSI without stimulating ovulation
- Psychological support
- Special counseling, diagnostics and therapy for repeated miscarriages
- Oocyte vitrification
- Other diagnostic and therapeutic options
Professional and Clinical Career
- 1992 - 1998 Study of Human Medicine at Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
- 1994 - 1999 Doctoral thesis (under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. Marcos Marin-Grez), Institute of Physiology, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich (Head: Prof. Dr. med. Klaus Thurau). Subject: "Comparison of pH intracellular regulation of skeletal muscle cells and resistive vessels in rats with normal blood pressure and spontaneous arterial hypertension using the study of Na+/H+ antiporter activity" (note: excellent).
- December 1998 - May 2000 Intern, Department of Gynecology, University Hospital Grosshadern, Munich (Head: Prof. Dr. med. Herman Hepp).
- June 2000 Admission to medical practice.
- June 2000 - December 2001 Research Fellow in the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University Hospital Grosshadern, Munich (Head: Prof. Dr. med. Hermann Hepp), working group of PD Dr. Rainer Kimmig.
- January 2002 - December 2004 Research Fellow, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University Hospital Essen (Head: Prof. Dr. med. Rainer Kimmig).
- January 2004 Medical Specialist in Gynecology and Obstetrics.
- Since January 2005, Senior Physician of the Department of Gynecology at the University Hospital Essen.
- Since November 2006, Leading Senior Physician, Gynecologic Oncology, as well as Head of the Department of Surgical Gynecology at the University Hospital Essen.
- Since 2007, Head of the Outpatient Clinic for Chemotherapy, University Hospital Essen.
- June 2007 Specialization in Gynecologic Oncology.
- October 2007 Habilitation in the Gynecology and Obstetrics. Subject: "Assessment of prognostic factors in gynecological malignant neoplasms and immunotherapeutic approaches to the treatment of primary ovarian cancer."
- Since 2008, Managing Senior Physician.
- Since June 2008, Permission to conduct advanced training courses (elective training) on tumor drug therapy.
- Since June 2008, Personal permission to conduct outpatient chemotherapy and drug therapy for tumors, the Association of Statutory Health Insurance Physicians of North Rhine-Westphalia.
- Since January 2009, Member of the AGO-OVAR Commission.
- Since January 2010, Acting Head of the Department of Gynecology at the University Hospital Essen.
- February 11, 2011 Extraordinary Professor.
- 01.2012 Invitation to the position of W3 Professor of Gynecology and Gynecologic Oncology, Frankfurt am Main (rejection, 04/2012).
- 03.2012 Appointed as a W3 Professor of the Department of Gynecology, Mammology and Obstetrics, Technical University of Dresden.
- Since 01.07.2012, Head of the Department of Adult and Pediatric Gynecology, Mammology and Obstetrics at the University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus Dresden.
Photo: (c) depositphotos
Department of Adult and Pediatric Gynecology, Mammology and Obstetrics.
University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus Dresden:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.