Chemotherapy in ovarian cancer (program ID: 256059)
University Hospital Erlangen
Andreas MackensenSpecialized in: hematology, oncology
Department of Hematology and Oncology
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- review of medical records
- physical examination
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- general urine analysis
- biochemical analysis of blood
- inflammation indicators (CRP, ESR)
- indicators blood coagulation
- tumor markers (CEA, CA19-9, CA125)
- individual plan of the chemotherapy
(the cost of medicines is included)
- symptomatic treatment
- the cost of essential medicines and materials
- nursing services
- control examinations
- consultation of related specialists
- Medical records
- MRI/CT scan (not older than 3 months)
- Biopsy results (if available)
You may also book
About the department
The Department of Hematology and Oncology at the University Hospital Erlangen offers the full range of diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the hematopoietic system, such as acute or chronic leukemia, malignant lymphomas, as well as solid malignant tumors, which require chemotherapy or other systemic therapies. The department offers all systemic treatments, including bone marrow transplantation, antibody therapy. The main goal of each medical team employee is to provide patients with a competent medical care. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Andreas Mackensen.
In addition to the inpatient beds, the department has a general outpatient clinic, a specialized outpatient clinic for patients after allogeneic transplantation, an outpatient clinic for chemotherapy and infusion therapy, and diagnostic laboratories. Each clinical case is discussed together with surgeons, radiation therapy specialists and other experts from related fields.
Moreover, the department conducts active research activities, within the framework of which many clinical trials are carried out. In some cases, such trials are the best option for the patient and can save his life. Thus, the department is proud not only of its successful clinical activities, but also of a significant contribution to the development of new treatment methods.
The department specializes in the diagnostics and treatment of the following diseases:
- Neoplasms of the hematopoietic and lymphatic systems
- Acute leukemia
- Chronic leukemia and myeloproliferative diseases
- Malignant lymphomas
- Multiple myeloma
- Rare systemic diseases
- Other malignant diseases (requiring systemic therapy)
- Bone and soft tissue sarcomas
- Malignant neoplasms of unknown primary
- Gastrointestinal tumors
- Testicular tumors
- Head and neck tumors
- Lung cancer
- Genitourinary tumors
- Breast cancer and other gynecological tumors
- Non-malignant blood diseases
- Anemia, leukopenia, thrombocytopenia
- Polycythemia, leukocytosis, thrombocytosis
- Other pathologies
- Other pathologies
The service range of the department includes:
- Cancer diagnostics and staging
- Cytological diagnostics and immunophenotyping
- HLA typing
- Intensive inpatient chemotherapy
- Bone marrow transplantation
- Outpatient tumor treatment
- Antibody therapy
- Hormone therapy
- Individual symptomatic therapy during chemotherapy
- Blood transfusion and infusion therapy
- Outpatient counseling and follow-up after treatment
- Diagnostics of pathological changes in blood cells and non-malignant diseases
- Second opinion
- Other medical services
- Since 2007 Head of the Department of Hematology and Oncology, University Hospital Erlangen.
- 1988 - 1991 University Hospital Freiburg, Department Hematology and Oncology.
- 1993 - 1998 Research Fellow.
- 1991 - 1993 Department of Tumor Immunology, Institute Gustave Roussy, Villejuif, France, Scholarship of the German Research Foundation.
- 1998 - 1999 University Hospital Freiburg, Department Hematology and Oncology, Assistant Medical Director.
- 1999 - 2007 University Hospital Regensburg, Department Hematology and Oncology, Senior Scientist.
- 1979 - 1981 University Hospital Freiburg, training to become a Medical-Technical Laboratory Assistant.
- 1981 - 1988 Study of Human Medicine (state examination), Albert Ludwig University of Freiburg.
- 1990 Young Investigator Award from the International Association for Endotoxin Research, San Diego.
- 1994 Vincenz Czerny Prize from the German Society of Hematology and Oncology, Vienna.
- European patent, patent number 95916557.2-2105.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Universitätsklinikum Erlangen