Surgical treatment esophageal cancer with resection and plasty from small intestine tissues (program ID: 567576)
University Hospital Erlangen
Robert GrützmannSpecialized in: general and abdominal surgery
Department of General and Abdominal Surgery
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- physical examination
- review of medical records
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- general urine analysis
- biochemical analysis of blood
- TSH-basal, fT3, fT4
- tumor markers
- indicators of inflammation (CRP, ESR)
- indicators blood coagulation
- abdominal ultrasound
- gastroscopy with biopsy
- CT/MRI abdomen
- analysis on the hp (helicobacter pylori)
- preoperative care
- removal of the tumor with plastic of the esophagus
- histologically and immunohistochemically
examination of the remote tissues
- blood transfusions (if needed)
consultation on nutrition
1-day intensive care unit stay
- symptomatic treatment
- control examinations
- the cost of essential medicines and materials
- nursing services
- full hospital accommodation
- explanation of future recommendations
You may also book
About the department
According to the Focus magazine, the Department of General and Abdominal Surgery at the University Hospital Erlangen ranks among the top German departments specializing in bowel cancer treatment!
The department offers the full range of modern surgical treatment. The clinical priority is cancer surgery, especially sparing, minimally invasive procedures and high-precision robot-assisted interventions. Each patient receives an individually adapted treatment regimen, which is discussed at daily conferences with doctors from related disciplines. Particular attention is paid to the comprehensive counseling, including on non-operational, traditional treatment methods. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Robert Grützmann.
The primary focus of the department is oncology. Also, of particular interest to the department's specialists is coloproctology, which deals with the treatment of diseases of the colon, rectum and anus. The spectrum covers various clinical situations, ranging from benign and malignant pathologies, inflammatory processes up to the functional disorders. If possible, the doctors try to solve the problem in a conservative way, the experts from related medical fields are often engaged in the consultation. Other areas of specialization include the surgical treatment of all diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, endocrine glands, treatment of soft tissue tumors (sarcomas) and skin tumors (for example, malignant melanomas), as well as conservative and surgical treatment of skin and soft tissue infections.
A key component of the department’s successful clinical activities is the progressive medical equipment, which allows for the performance of sparing interventions in order to ensure the best possible safety for any patient. With appropriate clinical indications, the surgeons prefer minimally invasive and robot-assisted (da Vinci surgical system) interventions. Thus, the patient receives an effective treatment with a low risk of postoperative complications, a short period of hospitalization and minimal pain.
The service range of the department includes:
- Cancer surgery
- Esophageal, stomach, pancreatic, liver, thyroid, parathyroid tumors
- Colon and rectal tumors
- Malignant melanoma, soft tissue tumors, metastases
- Adrenal tumors
- Peritoneal tumors (peritoneal carcinomatosis/HIPEC)
- Gastrointestinal surgery
- Gallbladder and biliary tract diseases
- Esophageal diseases
- Stomach diseases
- Pancreatic diseases
- Duodenal diseases
- Small and large intestine diseases
- Endocrine surgery
- Thyroid and parathyroid diseases
- Adrenal diseases
- Pancreatic diseases
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Gallbladder surgery
- Gastric surgery, including morbid obesity and gastroesophageal reflux disease
- Adrenal surgery
- Surgery on the small, large intestine and rectum
- Spleen surgery
- Surgical treatment of hyperhidrosis
- Robot-assisted surgery using the innovative da Vinci system
- Transplant surgery
- Liver transplantation
- Pancreatic transplantation
- Outpatient surgery
- Hernia repair
- Coloproctological interventions
- Port system implantation
- Tumors of the skin and superficial soft tissues
- Other local interventions under local or general anesthesia
- Bariatric surgery (obesity treatment)
- Intragastric balloon installation
- Gastric banding
- Sleeve gastroplasty
- Gastric bypass
- Other medical services
- 1997 PhD thesis defense. "Interaction of cholecystokinin and glutamate in neurons of the lateral geniculate body and rat hippocampus".
- 2005 Habilitation. Subject: "Molecular biological characterization and validation of oncogenes in sporadic and hereditary pancreatic carcinoma".
Professional Medical Training
- Board certification in Surgery.
- Specialization in Abdominal Surgery.
- Additional qualification in Special Abdominal Surgery, Sports Medicine.
- Cancer surgery.
- Vascular surgery.
- General surgery.
- Pancreatic surgery.
- Pancreatic cancer.
- Neoadjuvant therapy for pancreatic cancer.
- Cystic pancreatic tumors.
- Colorectal cancer.
Membership in Professional Societies
- Working Group on Hepatobiliary Surgery (CALGP).
- German Society of General and Abdominal Surgery (DGAV).
- German Society of Surgery (DGCH).
- German Society for Vascular Surgery and Vascular Medicine (DGG).
- 2007 Scholarship (abroad) of the German Society of Surgery (Pancreas Centers in the United States and the American Congress of Surgeons).
- 2004 Report Award, Days of Surgical Studies in Mannheim.
- 2004 Carl Gustav Carus Award.
- 2004 Dr. Walter Seipp Prize, Commerzbank-Stiftung Foundation.
- 2005 von Langenbeck Prize of the German Society of Surgery.
- 2005 Educational Award of the Medical Faculty of the Technical University of Dresden.
- 2013 Edgar Ungeheuer Prize of the German Society of Surgery for the Best Video Work.
Accommodation in hospital
- Program [Description]
Surgical treatment esophageal cancer with resection and plasty from small intestine tissues
- Hospital: University Hospital Erlangen
- access_time Duration:
There are 23 esophageal cancer treatment hospitals on Booking Health websiteShow all clinics