University Hospital Frankfurt am Main
Department of General and Abdominal Surgery (26134)
Wolf O. Bechstein
Specialized in: general surgery, abdominal surgery
According to the Focus magazine rating of 2017, the Department of General and Abdominal Surgery at the University Hospital Frankfurt ranks among the top German departments specializing in colon cancer treatment!
The Department of General and Abdominal Surgery at the University Hospital Frankfurt deals with the treatment of all general and abdominal surgical diseases and performs surgery to transplant liver, kidney and pancreas. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Wolf O. Bechstein.
As the University Bowel Cancer Center and the Pancreas Cancer Center, the department is included into the Interdisciplinary University Cancer Center (UCT) and offers the best multidisciplinary, tailored treatment with the use of all diagnostic and therapeutic capabilities.
One of the focuses of the department is placed on liver surgery, liver metastasis and liver transplantation. In addition, the department specializes in surgery of the esophagus and stomach, surgery of the endocrine organs, coloproctology and hernia surgery. The special focuses are complex surgical problems of the patients with a long medical history. In such cases, a highly qualified team of doctors makes every effort to develop an optimal treatment strategy within an interdisciplinary approach.
The range of medical focuses of the department includes:
- Endocrine surgery: surgical treatment and operations on the endocrine organs (thyroid gland, parathyroid gland, adrenal gland, esophagus)
- Abdominal surgery: diagnosis and treatment of the diseases of the gastrointestinal tract
- Cancer surgery: diagnosis and treatment of malignant diseases
- Transplantation surgery: treatment of diseases by means of donor organ transplants
- Frankfurt am Main, Germany