University Hospital Frankfurt am Main
Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology (26140)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric otolaryngology
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology at the University Hospital Frankfurt am Main offers the full range of modern diagnostics and treatment in this field. Of particular interest is the treatment of hearing loss and deafness in adults and children. In addition to microsurgical procedures for hearing improvement, the department also carries out interventions for the installation of implantable hearing aids and cochlear implants. The spectrum is complemented by the treatment of head and neck tumors (functional and minimally invasive interventions, laser surgery and plastic reconstructive surgery), diseases of the nose and paranasal sinuses (microscopic and endoscopic techniques, intraoperative navigation) and skull base pathologies. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Timo Stöver.
The department has the reputation of a maximum care hospital and it is certified in accordance with DIN ISO 9001: 2008 standards. In addition, the department's specialists are proud of their outstanding research activities, which have given birth to many significant scientific innovations and effective treatment methods. Also, the department implements a large-scale cochlear implantation program in the Rhine-Main region, which makes it one of the leading German medical facilities in the field of its specialization.
The department offers both inpatient and outpatient treatment. Particular attention is paid to an individual approach to each patient, an careful and respectful attitude. In addition, the department's doctors get along well with children and do everything possible to make the child’s treatment as comfortable as possible.
The main focuses of the department’s clinical practice include:
- Diagnostics and treatment of hearing impairment in adults
- Chronic middle ear inflammation
- Installation of implantable hearing aids
- Cochlear implantation in adults and children
- Diagnostics and treatment of otolaryngological diseases in children
- Hearing loss
- Enlarged pharyngeal tonsils
- Enlarged palatine tonsils
- Recurrent inflamed tonsils
- Diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the nose and paranasal sinuses
- Nasal septum deviation
- Diagnostics and treatment of salivary gland diseases
- Salivary gland stones
- Benign and malignant salivary gland neoplasms
- Diagnostics and treatment of head and neck tumors
- Facial skin tumors
- Salivary gland tumors
- Tumors of the oral mucosa
- Tongue tumors
- Tumors of the tonsils and throat
- Tumors of the larynx, nose and paranasal sinuses
- Tumors of the neck and ears
- Surgical treatment (for example, laser surgery with the preservation of organ functionality, reconstructive interventions using patient's own tissues)
- Radiation therapy
- Antibody therapy
- Combination therapy
- Laser therapy with the preservation organ functionality (CO2 laser, Er:YAG laser, Nd:YAG laser, KTP laser)
- Removal of laryngeal tumors with voice preservation
- Reduction of nasal conchae in impaired nasal airflow (laser conchotomy)
- Palatal lift in snoring
- Operations on auditory ossicles
- Sclerotherapy of blood vessels (in hemangiomas, Osler disease)
- Endoscopic restoration of swallowing in Zenker's diverticulum
- Plastic and aesthetic surgery of the scalp and face (for example, in spider veins, pigment spots)
- Plastic surgery
- Nose reshaping
- Restoration of facial gesture in facial nerve paralysis
- Facial and neck scar revision
- Removal of scalp and facial tumors
- Flap plastic surgery after tumor removal
- Installation of epitheses
- Treatment of spider veins and age spots
- Skull base surgery using navigation systems, neuromonitoring
- Other medical services
Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology.
University Hospital Frankfurt am Main:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.