University Hospital Frankfurt am Main
Department of Neurosurgery (26141)
Specialized in: neurosurgery
About the department
The Department of Neurosurgery at the University Hospital Frankfurt specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of neurosurgical diseases. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Volker Seifert.
The department has state-of-the-art neurosurgical equipment and a team of highly qualified doctors. It offers both conservative and surgical diagnosis and treatment of all diseases of the central and peripheral nervous systems. The fundamental principle and goal of patient care is minimally invasive surgery with the use of computerized microsurgical, endoscopic, robotized methods, as well as the involvement of stereotaxic methods and the latest imaging techniques. In addition, through close collaboration with the Department of Neurology, there is offered deep brain stimulation to treat motor disorders (Parkinson's disease).
The range of medical services of the department includes:
- Aneurysms and angiomas
- Cerebral hemorrhage and vascular obliteration
- Brain tumors
- Spinal cord tumors and nerve root tumors
- Compression of the spinal cord and nerve roots due to the tumors or herniated disks
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Malformations of the nervous system
- Treatment of congenital malformations of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine, microsurgery of herniated disks
- Other types of disorders of the spine and the spinal cord, mostly with the use of minimally invasive techniques
- Interdisciplinary surgery of skull base tumors
The Department of Neurosurgery has the following technology:
- Intraoperative MRI
- Microneurosurgical technique
- Intraoperative monitoring
- Ultrasound tissue destruction
- Laser technology
- Intraoperative X-ray
- 1979 - 1985 Work at the Department of Neurosurgery at the Hannover Medical School
- 1987 Six-months Research Internship at the Department of Neurosurgery, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, USA
- 1987 Habilitation
- 1987 - 1991 Associate Professor of Neurosurgery at the Hannover Medical School
- 1991 - 1994 Associate Professor of Neurosurgery and Vice-Chairman of the Department of Neurosurgery, University of Essen
- 1994 - 1998 Professor of Neurosurgery and Chairman of the Department of Neurosurgery, University of Leipzig
- 1998 - 2000 Professor of Neurosurgery and Chairman of the Department of Neurosurgery, University Frankfurt am Main
- Since 2000, Director of the Centre for Neurology and Neurosurgery (Centre for Clinical Neurosciences) of the University of Frankfurt am Main
- 1981 Doctorate in medicine (Dr. med.) at the Hannover Medical School. Dissertation Title: "Meningioma and perifocal edema (investigations on the macroscopic and microscopic informative value of computed tomography by means of size and density measurements) "
- 1987 Habilitation (Dr. med. habil.) at the Hannover Medical School. Dissertation Title: "Arachidonic acid metabolism after subarachnoid hemorrhage. Experimental and clinical studies on the pathogenesis of cerebral vasospasm"
- University of Pittsburg, USA, Department of Neurosurgery
- University of Tianjin, China, Department of Neurosurgery
- University of Beijing, China, Department of Neurosurgery
- University of Chișinău, Moldova, Department of Neurosurgery
- University of West Virginia, Morgantown, USA, Department of Neurosurgery
- Shinshu University, Matsumoto, Japan, Department of Neurosurgery
- University of Geneva, Switzerland, Dept. of Neurosurgery
- Permanent Guest Professor of the Department of Neurosurgery, University of Beijing, China
- Honorary Professor of Clinical Neurosurgery, Beijing Tian Tan Hospital of the Capital University of Medical Sciences, China
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Secretary of the German Academy of Neurosurgery
- Senior Delegate of the German Society of Neurosurgery to the World Federation of Neurosurgery (WFNS)
- Delegate of the German Society of Neurosurgery to the European Association of Neurosurgical Societies Training Committee
- Member of the Skull Base Surgery Committee of the World Federation of Neurosurgery (WFNS) Member of the Cerebrovascular Committee of the World Federation of Neurosurgery (WFNS) Member of the Academia Eurasiana Neurochirurgica
- Founding member of the German Society of Skull Base Surgery
- Founding member and member of the board of the German Society of Computer and Robot-assisted Surgery
- Member of the Interdisciplinary Research Committee of the German Ministry of Health of the German Federal Government
- more than 400 publications as first, co-author and senior author in scientific journals
Department of Neurosurgery.
University Hospital Frankfurt am Main:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home