University Hospital Frankfurt am Main
Tumor Center (26143)
Specialized in: oncology
About the department
The Tumor Center at the University Hospital Frankfurt provides cancer patients with high quality diagnosis, treatment and care. Both diagnosis and therapy are carried out in accordance with the uniform, evidence-based and continuously updated guidelines. There are used the most advanced diagnostic and treatment methods for cancer. The director of the center is Prof. Dr. med. Christian Brandts.
The physicians of the center cooperate with the specialists from the Nordwest Hospital. The medical care provided in the Tumor Center covers the range of customized services in the field of psycho-oncology and palliative medicine. Thus, there is maintained close cooperation with the external cooperating partners in Frankfurt and Rhein-Main regions. The Tumor Center promotes unification of scientific and translational oncology. The main goal is to implement the research results for the patient care within the framework of efficient and qualified clinical studies.
The Tumor Center represents 10 focuses:
- Dermatologic oncology / Skin Cancer Center
- Gastrointestinal oncology / Visceral Cancer Center
- Gynecological oncology / Breast Center and Gynecological Cancer Center
- Hematologic neoplasms
- Head and neck tumors
- Pediatric oncology
- Thoracic oncology / University Lung Cancer Center
- Urogenital tumors / University Prostate Cancer Center
- Related disciplines
- 1989 – 1996 Study of Medicine at the Free University Berlin, Doctor of Medicine (MD)
- 1993 – 1994 Study of Medicine at the New York University
- 12/1996 – 01/1999 Resident Physician, Charité Berlin
- 02/1999 – 01/2002 Postdoctal Fellow, Cancer Research, University of California, San Francisco, USA
- 02/2002 – 07/2007 Resident Physician, University Hospital Muenster, Muenster
- Since 08/2007, Attending Physician, Hematology & Medical Oncology, Goethe University of Frankfurt, Frankfurt am Main
- Since 06/2016, W3 Professor and Director, University Cancer Center (UCT), Goethe University of Frankfurt, Frankfurt am Main
University Hospital Frankfurt am Main:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home