University Hospital Frankfurt am Main
Department of Gastroenterology, Pulmonology, Allergology and Endocrinology (26144)
Specialized in: gastroenterology, pulmonology, endocrinology, allergology
According to the Focus magazine rating of 2017, the Department of Gastroenterology, Pulmonology, Allergology and Endocrinology at the University Hospital Frankfurt ranks among the top German departments specializing in diabetes treatment!
The main areas of specialization of the Department include gastroenterology, hepatology, pulmonology, allergology, endocrinology, diabetology and nutritional medicine. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. S. Zeuzem.
The doctors of the department provide diagnostics and therapy in the well-equipped central Unit of Endoscopy and in the relevant specialized laboratories. In the field of interventional endoscopy, there can be treated tumors of the gastrointestinal tract, liver, biliary tract and pancreas (laser treatment, installation of metal and plastic prostheses, photodynamic therapy etc.). All systematic chemotherapies are carried out according to the guidelines. To treat complex diseases of the biliary tract, the department has cholangioscopies for imaging and lithotripters for stone breaking.
The Section of Gastrointestinal Oncology coordinates multidisciplinary radical and palliative treatment of patients with carcinoma of the esophagus, stomach, small intestine, colon, rectum and anal canal, as well as those with tumors of liver, biliary tract and pancreas.
The range of medical services of the department includes:
- Gastrointestinal diseases
- Gall stones
- Chronic liver inflammation
- Gastrointestinal and liver tumors
- Preventive studies of risk factors
In the field of pulmonology, the department offers the following range of services:
- Diagnosis and treatment of bronchial asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and pulmonary emphysema
- Treatment of adults with cystic fibrosis of the pancreas
- Preparation and postoperative care of patients with lung transplant
- Diagnosis and treatment of malignant neoplasms in lungs and non-small cell lung cancer
- Rare lung diseases
- Diagnosis and surgical endoscopy
- Pulmonary function test
- Allergy diagnosis
- Diagnosis of respiratory failure in sleep
- Long-term oxygen therapy
- Treatment of external respiration
- Hyposensitization therapy
- Frankfurt am Main, Germany