University Hospital Frankfurt am Main
Department of Gastroenterology, Pulmonology, Allergology and Endocrinology (26144)
Specialized in: gastroenterology, pulmonology, endocrinology, allergology
About the department
According to the Focus magazine rating of 2017, the Department of Gastroenterology, Pulmonology, Allergology and Endocrinology at the University Hospital Frankfurt ranks among the top German departments specializing in diabetes treatment!
The main areas of specialization of the Department include gastroenterology, hepatology, pulmonology, allergology, endocrinology, diabetology and nutritional medicine. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. S. Zeuzem.
The doctors of the department provide diagnostics and therapy in the well-equipped central Unit of Endoscopy and in the relevant specialized laboratories. In the field of interventional endoscopy, there can be treated tumors of the gastrointestinal tract, liver, biliary tract and pancreas (laser treatment, installation of metal and plastic prostheses, photodynamic therapy etc.). All systematic chemotherapies are carried out according to the guidelines. To treat complex diseases of the biliary tract, the department has cholangioscopies for imaging and lithotripters for stone breaking.
The Section of Gastrointestinal Oncology coordinates multidisciplinary radical and palliative treatment of patients with carcinoma of the esophagus, stomach, small intestine, colon, rectum and anal canal, as well as those with tumors of liver, biliary tract and pancreas.
The range of medical services of the department includes:
- Gastrointestinal diseases
- Gall stones
- Chronic liver inflammation
- Gastrointestinal and liver tumors
- Preventive studies of risk factors
In the field of pulmonology, the department offers the following range of services:
- Diagnosis and treatment of bronchial asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and pulmonary emphysema
- Treatment of adults with cystic fibrosis of the pancreas
- Preparation and postoperative care of patients with lung transplant
- Diagnosis and treatment of malignant neoplasms in lungs and non-small cell lung cancer
- Rare lung diseases
- Diagnosis and surgical endoscopy
- Pulmonary function test
- Allergy diagnosis
- Diagnosis of respiratory failure in sleep
- Long-term oxygen therapy
- Treatment of external respiration
- Hyposensitization therapy
- 1978-1985 Medical Education: Goethe University Frankfurt; School of Clinical Medicine, Cambridge University, Medical School, University of Newcastle upon Tyne
- 1986 Defense of a doctoral thesis, Goethe University Frankfurt
- 1985 – 1986 Military service in the rank of captain of the medical service at the Giessen Military Hospital
- 1986 – 1990 Advanced training for a medical specialist in the Endocrinology department (Prof. Schöffling) and in the Gastroenterology Department (Prof. Caspari), Goethe University Frankfurt
- 1990 – 1991 Scholarship DFG for research work in the Max Planck Institute of Biophysics, Frankfurt (Prof. Ullrich, Prof. Schultz)
- 1991 – 1992 Advanced training for a medical specialist in the Gastroenterology department (Prof. Kaspari), Goethe University Frankfurt
- 1992 Obtaining a post of assistant professorship in medicine, Goethe University Frankfurt
- 1993 Research Semester at Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Boyer Center of Molecular Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven (Prof. Jan)
- 1998 – 2002 Extraordinary professor, clinic of Goethe University Frankfurt
- 2002 – 2006 Professor and the head of the therapeutic department II, the clinic of the University of Saarland, Homburg/Saar
- since 2007 Professor of Medicine W3, Head of Medical Unit I, Goethe University Frankfurt
Department of Gastroenterology, Pulmonology, Allergology and Endocrinology.
University Hospital Frankfurt am Main:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home