University Hospital Frankfurt am Main
Department of Trauma, Hand and Reconstructive Surgery (279206)
Specialized in: trauma, hand and reconstructive surgery
About the department
The Department of Trauma, Hand and Reconstructive Surgery at the University Hospital Frankfurt covers all fields of traumatology ranging from minimally invasive joint surgery up to a comprehensive care of patients with the most severe injuries. The department is certified and is the maximum care hospital of interregional importance. It is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Ingo Marzi.
The service range includes surgical treatment of injuries and orthopedic clinical pictures, including hand surgery, pediatric traumatology, spine surgery and reconstructive orthopedic surgery. In cooperation with the Association of Professional Doctors, the specialists of the department advise patients on numerous issues and regularly supervise the process of treatment of patients with occupational injuries, traumas sustained on the way to work. A highly qualified team of doctors provides comprehensive medical care from the admission to an intensive care unit or general department and up to the outpatient postoperative treatment. The introduction of innovative clinical and scientific research projects contributes to the continuous improvement of medical care and treatment results.
The range of medical services of the department includes:
- Treatment of patients with the most severe injuries (treatment of patients with a multiple trauma)
- Surgery of tumors and spinal infections
- Minimally invasive spine surgery
- Video navigation during spine surgery
- Pelvic surgery
- Hand surgery and plastic reconstructive surgery
- Replantation of the detached body fragments
- Minimally invasive joint surgery (video arthroscopy)
- Treatment of hip and pelvic injuries and diseases, especially joint preserving operations
- Prosthetic care after joint injuries
- Treatment of complex injured joints
- Treatment of fractures in childhood – Comprehensive Center for Pediatric Traumatology
- Treatment of severe injuries of soft tissues (with microsurgical tissue transplantation)
- Treatment of wound healing disorders and tissue infections
- Surgery of bone tumors and stabilization of pathologic fractures
- Treatment of pseudoarthrosis
- Sports injuries
- Intensive surgery
- Emergency service with vehicle provision
- Expert opinions (occupational traumas, occupational diseases)
- Physiotherapy of the musculoskeletal system
- Computer navigation emergency surgery
- Treatment of joint problems in both children and adults with blood clotting disorders
- Further treatment of injuries sustained abroad (after transportation)
- 1977 – 1983 Study of Human Medicine at the Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz.
- 1984 – 1985 Staff surgeon in Kastellaun.
- 1985 Doctorate in medicine in the field Neurology at the Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz.
- 1985 – 1986 Assistant Physician of the Surgical Department of the Hospital St. Marienwoerth in Bad Kreuznach.
- 1987 – 1988 Research Fellowship of the German Research Foundation (DFG) at the Department of Pharmacology of the University of North Carolina, USA.
- 1986 – 1996 Assistant Physician and Senior Physician of the Department of Surgery, University Hospital of the Saarland in Homburg.
- 1993 Habilitation in Surgery at the Medical Faculty of the Saarland University in Homburg.
- 1996 – 1999 Leading Senior Physician of the Department of Trauma, Hand, and Reconstructive Surgery at the University Hospital of the Saarland in Homburg.
- 1998 Visiting Professor at the Faculty of Medicine of the Saarland University in Homburg.
- 1999 – 2001 Acting Head of the Department of Trauma, Hand, and Reconstructive Surgery at the University Hospital of the Saarland in Homburg.
- 2001 University Professor of the Goethe University in Frankfurt am Main.
- Since 2001, Head of the Department of Trauma, Hand, and Reconstructive Surgery of the University Hospital Frankfurt am Main.
- 1992 Board certification in Surgery.
- 1992 Specialist subject knowledge certificate in Emergency Medical Service.
- 1993 Sub-specialization in Traumatology.
- 1996 Additional qualification Hand Surgery.
- 2000 Additional qualification Physiotherapy.
- 2005 Board certification in Orthopedics and Traumatology.
- 2010 Additional qualification Sports Medicine.
Memberships and Awards (selected)
- Head of the Scientific Committee of the German Society for Trauma Surgery (DGU) (2009 – 2014).
- President of the Section of Fundamental Research of the German Society of Orthopedics and Traumatology (DGOU) (2011).
- President of the European Society for Trauma & Emergency Surgery (ESTES) (2011).
- Congress President of the World Trauma Congress (WTC) (2014).
- Presidency Member of the German Society for Trauma Surgery (DGU) (since 2015).
- President of the German Society of Orthopedics and Traumatology (DGOU) (2017).
- President of the German Society for Trauma Surgery (DGU) (2017).
- German Society of Endoprosthetics.
- German Society of Surgery (DGCH).
- German Interdisciplinary Association for Intensive and Emergency Medicine (DIVI).
- Professional Association of German Surgeons (BDC).
- Association of Southern German Orthopedists and Trauma Surgeons (VSOU).
- European Shock Society (ESS).
- European Society for Trauma & Emergency Surgery (ESTES).
- Euroacademia Multidisciplinaria Neurotraumatologica (EMN).
- Association for Orthopedic Research (AFO).
Department of Trauma, Hand and Reconstructive Surgery.
University Hospital Frankfurt am Main:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home