University Hospital Frankfurt am Main
Department of Nephrology (303789)
Specialized in: nephrology
About the department
The Department of Nephrology at the University Hospital Frankfurt treats acute and chronic kidney diseases, hypertension, systemic diseases (e.g., Wegener's disease, lupus erythematosus). The department is headed by Prof. Dr. Helmut Geiger.
In addition, it offers general internal diagnostics and treatment (e.g., screening examinations). The outpatient nephrological clinic treats patients with acute and chronic kidney diseases who are not yet dependent on renal replacement therapy. Particular attention is also given to the treatment of hypertension and transplantation medicine.
The range of medical services of the department includes:
- Inpatient and outpatient treatment of patients with kidney disease or hypertension
- Laboratory diagnostics
- Ultrasound imaging with the state-of-the-art equipment
- Kidney biopsies
- Dialysis for acute or chronic kidney failure
- Renal replacement procedures in intensive care units (CVVHD, CVVHDF)
- Apheresis method (plasmapheresis / immunoadsorption)
- Hepatic dialysis (Prometheus method) in case of liver failure
- Installation of catheters for acute dialysis or plasmapheresis (Shaldon catheter)
- Installation of permanent dialysis catheters (Demers catheter)
- Peritoneal dialysis
- Training for peritoneal dialysis and home hemodialysis
- Special focus: care for patients before, during and after kidney transplantation, living donor transplantation and AB0-incompatible transplantation
Department of Nephrology.
University Hospital Frankfurt am Main:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home