Plastic reconstruction of the pelvic organs in cystocele and rectocele (program ID: 108909)
University Hospital Frankfurt am Main
Sven BeckerSpecialized in: adult and pediatric gynecology, obstetrics, mammology
Department of Adult and Pediatric Gynecology, Obstetrics and Mammology
The program includes:
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- review of medical records
- physical examination
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- general urine analysis
- biochemical analysis of blood
- inflammation indicators (CRP, ESR)
- indicators blood coagulation
- gynecological examination
- ultrasound examination: pelvis, abdomen
- preoperative care
- plastic reconstruction of the pelvic organs
- symptomatic treatment
- control examinations
- the cost of essential medicines and materials
- nursing services
- full hospital accommodation
- explanation of future recommendations
- Medical records
- Pelvic ultrasoud (if available)
- Pelvic MRI/CT scan (if available)
You may also book:
About the department
According to the Focus magazine, the Department of Adult and Pediatric Gynecology, Obstetrics and Mammology at the University Hospital Frankfurt am Main ranks among the top German departments specializing in the provision of obstetric services and breast cancer treatment!
The department offers all diagnostic and therapeutic options for patients of all ages with diseases of the female reproductive system, mammary gland, as well as provides the comprehensive pregnancy management, childbirth and postpartum care in accordance with the highest standards of modern obstetrics. One of the priority focuses of the department’s work is the treatment of oncopathology in women. All specialists have excellent qualifications and tremendous experience, and therefore they achieve successful results even in extremely difficult clinical cases.
The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Sven Becker, who has been treating gynecologic and breast diseases, as well as providing obstetric services, for more than 20 years. Prof. Becker studied medicine in Germany, France, Spain, and Japan, and had his clinical training at the Johns Hopkins Hospital at Johns Hopkins University, where he completed his board certification in gynecology and obstetrics according to American standards. During his professional career, the doctor has published more than 200 publications in various journals. He is actively involved in professional societies, including the German Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology (DGGG), the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), and the European Society of Gynecological Oncology (ESGO).
In the field of gynecology, the patients are provided with the treatment of general gynecological diseases, oncological pathologies of the female reproductive organs, endocrine diseases of gynecological genesis, therapy of urinary incontinence, pelvic prolapse, etc. A specially trained team of doctors is available to serve young patients with gynecological problems. They specialize in the treatment of infectious diseases, inflammatory processes of the genital organs in girls, correction of malformations and puberty disorders.
The department's mammologists deal with the diagnostics and treatment of breast cancer and benign breast diseases. The department is certified by the German Cancer Society and also has DIN EN ISO 9001: 2008 certification. The doctors have at their command the very latest therapy methods and surgical techniques, which allow them to fight against breast diseases as efficiently as possible. At the advanced stages of cancer, when the patient requires complete mammary gland resection, the doctors perform reconstructive interventions to ensure a good aesthetic result.
Another important focus of the department’s work is obstetrics. All specialists in this field make every efforts to ensure the best possible safety and make labor painless and as comfortable as possible for any woman. the department has modern ultrasound equipment for all types of ultrasound examinations in each trimester. The spectrum is complemented by chromosome analysis and fetal therapy (cordocentesis, drug treatment of cardiac arrhythmias in fetus (intrauterine administration of drugs)). The department's obstetricians have vast experience in managing high-risk pregnancies, multiple pregnancies. The patient can have a water birth, If necessary, a caesarean section can be performed as well. To relieve pain, the patients are offered peridural anesthesia.
The service range of the department includes:
|Gynecological endocrinology and reproductive medicine|
Other diagnostic and therapeutic options
- 1987 - 1994 Study of Medicine at the Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz.
- 1989 - 1990 Study at the Université René Descartes Paris.
- 1991 Study at the Autonomous University of Madrid.
- 1992 - 1993 Study at the Nihon University in Tokyo.
- 1994 Third Medical State Exam in Germany and the US State Exam (USMLE I+II).
- 1999 Doctoral thesis defense (magna cum laude) at the Institute for Physiological Chemistry, Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz: "In vitro testing of potential antiviral agents against HIV in the MTT assay" (supervisor: Prof. Dr. med. Werner E.G. Müller).
- 2006 University Hospital Tuebingen: "Tumor cell dissemination and tumor cell persistence in breast cancer – the effect of systemic treatment and characteristics of cells" (supervisor: Prof. Dr. med. Diethelm Wallwiener).
- 1995 - 1996 Academic Teaching Hospital of the University of Frankfurt am Main, Department of Gynecology of the St. Joseph Hospital in Wiesbaden.
- 1996 - 1997 Institute of Pathology at the Technical University of Munich, University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich.
- 1997 - 2001 Residency in Gynecology and Obstetrics at the Johns Hopkins Hospital of the Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore (Prof. Harold Fox).
- 2001 Board certification for Gynecology and Obstetrics by the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG).
- 2001 Board certification for Gynecology and Obstetrics, Germany.
- 2002 - 2004 Head of the Section for Clinical Obstetrics/Delivery Unit, University Hospital Tuebingen
- Since 2004 Operative Senior Physician, Head of the Section for Operative Gynecology, Department of Gynecology, University Hospital Tuebingen.
- Since 2008 Leading Senior Physician, Department of Gynecology, University Hospital Tuebingen.
- 2008 Associate Professor, Department of Gynecology, University Hospital Tuebingen.
- 2010 Extraordinary Professor, University of Tuebingen.
- Since 07.2012 Head of the Department of Adult and Pediatric Gynecology, Obstetrics and Mammology at the University Hospital Frankfurt am Main.
Membership in Professional Societies
- German Society of Obstetrics and Gynecology (DGGG).
- Professional Association of Gynecologists (BVF).
- German Cancer Society (DKG).
- German Senological Society (DSG).
- American College of Gynecology and Obstetrics (ACOG).
- Working Group on Gynecological Oncology (AGO).
- Working Group on Gynecologic Endoscopy (AGE).
- German Society for Perinatal Medicine (DGPM).
- European Society for Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- German Society of Ultrasound in Medicine (DEGUM).
- European Society of Gynecological Oncology (ESGO).
- European Society of Gynecologic Endoscopy (ESGE).
Photo of the doctor: (c) Universitätsklinikum Frankfurt
Accommodation in hospital
- Program [Description]
Plastic reconstruction of the pelvic organs in cystocele and rectocele
- Hospital: University Hospital Frankfurt am Main
There are 92 cystocele and rectocele treatment hospitals on Booking Health websiteShow all clinics