Treatment of colon cancer with radiation and chemotherapy (program ID: 488057)
University Hospital Frankfurt am Main
Christian BrandtsSpecialized in: oncology
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- analysis of medical records
- physical examination
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- biochemical analysis of blood
- tumor markers
- inflammation indicators
- indicators blood coagulation
- ultrasound of the abdomen
- CT/MRI scan of the abdomen
- colonoscopy with biopsy
- histological and Immunhistochemiсal analysis
- consultation of related specialists
- symptomatic specific treatment
- the cost of essential medicines and materials
- nursing services
- control examinations
- developing of further guidance
You may also book
About the department
The Cancer Center at the University Hospital Frankfurt am Main offers the comprehensive diagnostics, effective treatment and follow-up care for patients with cancer of varying severity. Thanks to the productive research work of the center's specialists, it offers the most modern and unique treatment methods, which have no analogues in most other countries of the world. Clinical activities are mainly focused on the treatment of breast cancer, cancer of the female reproductive organs, prostate, intestinal cancer, skin cancer, head and neck tumors, malignant diseases in children, lung, liver, stomach, pancreas cancers and neuro-oncological tumors. To ensure comprehensive medical care, there is maintained close cooperation with specialists from all related fields. The center is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Christian Brandts.
The center regularly carries out interdisciplinary tumor boards, during which the doctors examine each clinical case and cooperatively determine the optimal treatment regimen. If desired, the patients can undergo treatment within the clinical trials of new drugs, therapeutic techniques. In addition to the main treatment, important role is given to psycho-oncological care, since in many cases the treatment success is determined by the patient's positive attitude towards a favorable outcome. The patients with advanced stage cancer are provided with high-quality palliative care, which helps to improve the quality of life. In addition, due attention is paid to the follow-up care of patients and the relapse prevention.
The center is certified in accordance with the standards of the German Cancer Aid. The center's doctors have a perfect command of all the classical and innovative treatment methods for oncological diseases, which in combination with the modern infrastructure, makes the center one of the leaders both nationally and internationally.
The doctors of the center specialize in the diagnostics and treatment of the following oncological diseases:
- Breast cancer
- Cancer of the female reproductive organs (uterine cancer, cervical cancer, vulvar cancer, ovarian cancer)
- Skin cancer
- Bowel cancer
- Stomach cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
- Liver cancer
- Lung cancer
- Head and neck tumors
- Tumors of the central and peripheral nervous system
- Prostate cancer
- Childhood cancers
- Other types of cancer
The therapeutic options of the center include:
- Surgical treatment
- Radiation therapy
- Treatment within the clinical trials
- Self-help groups
- Palliative care
- Psycho-oncological care
- Follow-up care for patients in remission
- Other treatment options
- 1989 - 1996 Study of Medicine at the Free University of Berlin.
- 1993 - 1994 Study of Medicine at New York University.
- 12.1996 - 01.1999 Resident, Charite University Hospital Berlin.
- 1999 - 2002 Postdoctoral Fellow, Cancer Research, University of California, San Francisco.
- 02.2002 - 07.2007 Resident, University Hospital Muenster.
- Since 2007 Physician, Hematology and Oncology, University Hospital Frankfurt am Main.
- Since 2016 W3 Professor and Director of the Cancer Center, University Hospital Frankfurt am Main.
Licenses and Certificates
- 2006 Board certification in Internal Medicine.
- 2007 Board certification in Hematology and Oncology.
- 2015 Board certification in Palliative Care.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Universitätsklinikum Frankfurt