Diagnostic tests for cervical spinal disc herniation (program ID: 489359)
University Hospital Freiburg
Jürgen BeckSpecialized in: adult and pediatric neurosurgery
Department of Adult and Pediatric Neurosurgery
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- review of medical records
- physical examination
- general neurological examination
- neuropsychological tests:
- electroneuromyography (ENMG)
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- inflammatory indicators (CRP, ESR)
- indicators of blood coagulation
- X-ray of spine
- CT scan of spinal cord (on indication 650 €)
- MRI scan of spinal cord (on indication 1200 €)
- nursing services
- consultation of all leading experts
- development of individual treatment plan
- written statement
You may also book
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Neurosurgery at the University Hospital Freiburg offers the full range of surgical treatment of diseases of the brain, spine, spinal cord and nerves in adults and children. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Jürgen Beck.
The department keeps pace with new trends in medicine, as well as contributes significantly to their development. Therefore, the most modern diagnostic and therapeutic methods are available here. An individual approach to each clinical case is crucial to ensure optimal treatment results with the preservation of all neurological functions.
The service range of the department includes:
- Stereotactic and functional neurosurgery
- Motor disorders (for example, Parkinson's disease, tremor, dystonia)
- Brain tumors
- Epilepsy (drug-resistant)
- Pain (drug-resistant)
- Drug-resistant mental disorders (for example, depression and obsessive-compulsive disorder)
- Epilepsy surgery
- Temporal lobectomy/topectomy
- Selective hippocampectomy
- Extratemporal lobectomy/topectomy
- Vagus nerve stimulator implantation
- Presurgical epilepsy diagnosis
- EEG-video monitoring
- Structural and functional imaging
- Neuropsychological studies
- Wada test
- Diagnostics and surgical treatment of brain tumors (within the certified Neuro-Oncology Center)
- Brain metastases
- Spinal surgery
- Minimally invasive and microsurgical decompression in lumbar intervertebral disc herniation
- Minimally invasive and microsurgical decompression in lumbar spinal stenosis
- Minimally invasive dynamic and rigid posterior stabilization (with Cage technique, if necessary) for the treatment of degenerative lumbar instability
- Microsurgical decompression, intervertebral disc prosthesis and fusion in cervical herniation and cervical stenosis
- Transthoracic microsurgical decompression and fusion in thoracic herniation
- Vertebroplasty/kyphoplasty, minimally invasive stabilization in osteoporotic subsidence
- Spinal fusion
- Dorsoventral resection (360°), stabilization in tumorous destruction of the spine
- Skull base surgery
- Surgical treatment of pituitary tumors
- Vascular neurosurgery (surgical treatment of vascular diseases of the brain and spinal cord)
- Subarachnoid hemorrhage
- Arteriovenous malformations
- Dural arteriovenous fistula
- Intracerebral hemorrhage
- Compression syndrome
- Pediatric neurosurgery
- Congenital malformations of the skull base (for example, craniostenosis)
- Congenital malformations of the brain and meninges (for example, arachnoid cyst, Chiari syndrome)
- Congenital malformations of the spine and spinal cord (for example, spina bifida)
- Oncological diseases
- Surgical treatment of movement disorders
- Parkinson's disease
- Various forms of dystonia
- Various forms of tremor
- Surgical treatment of peripheral nerve diseases (for example, carpal tunnel syndrome, Morton’s neuralgia)
- Surgical treatment of hemangioblastoma
- Surgical treatment of Von Hippel-Lindau disease
- Surgical treatment of other neurological disorders in adults and children
- 1990 - 1991 Law studies at the University of Würzburg.
- 1991 - 1996 Medical studies at the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich and Boston Harvard Medical School.
- 1998 Department of Neurosurgery at the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
- 2000 - 2006 Institute of Surgical Research (Prof. Konrad Messmer), Working Group on Experimental Neurosurgery (Prof. Alexander Baethmann), Munich.
- 2000 - 2006 Medical Specialist Training, Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital Frankfurt (Prof. Volker Seifert).
- 2006 - 2008 Medical Specialist and Senior Physician, Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital Frankfurt, Venia legendi.
- 2008 Leading Physician and Deputy Head of the Department of Neurosurgery at the University Hospital Bern (Prof. Andreas Raabe).
- 2014 - 2018 Chief Physician of the Department of Neurosurgery at the University Hospital Bern (Prof. Andreas Raabe).
- From 04/2018 Head of the Department of Adult and Pediatric Neurosurgery at the University Hospital Freiburg (successor to Prof. J. Zentner).
- Tumor microneurosurgery, including intraoperative monitoring, awake surgery, skull base surgery, pediatric neurosurgery.
- Vascular neurosurgery, diagnosis and therapy of vasospasm.
- Pituitary surgery, 3D endoscopy.
- Spinal microsurgery.
- Treatment of cerebrospinal fluid hypovolemia syndrome.
- 128 Original articles in scientific journals.
- Participation in 9 collective monographs.
- 5 Reviews.
- 3 Short contributions.
- Collaboration in clinical trials (4).
- Representative of the section on intracranial pressure, hydrocephalus and cerebral blood flow of the German Society of Neurosurgery (DGNC).
- Reviewer of the internationally renowned scientific journals on neurosurgery.
- Reviewer of numerous research projects.
- University Lecturer (Dozent).
Accommodation in hospital
- Program [Description]
Diagnostic tests for cervical spinal disc herniation
- Hospital: University Hospital Freiburg
- access_time Duration:
There are 85 cervical spinal disc herniation diagnostic hospitals on Booking Health websiteShow all clinics