University Hospital Heidelberg
Department of Mammology (26087)
Specialized in: mammology
About the department
The Department of Mammology at the University Hospital Heidelberg offers the full range of modern diagnostics and treatment of breast diseases. Of particular interest to the department's specialists is breast cancer therapy. More than 600 patients with such a diagnosis are treated here annually. The treatment is based on an individual approach, the use of advanced techniques, which often allow the doctor to avoid the radical resection. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Florian Schütz.
The service range of the department includes:
- Multimodal breast diagnostics
- Digital mammography with tomosynthesis
- Stereotactic vacuum-assisted biopsy and marking
- High-resolution breast sonography (including the color doppler sonography, color-coded elastography)
- Imaging-guided punch and vacuum biopsy
- MR mammography
- Surgical treatment methods
- Simple breast-conserving surgeries
- Complex breast-conserving operations using oncoplastic techniques (including plastic surgery with sliding skin grafts, tumor-adapted reduction interventions, mastopexy, plastic surgery using local flaps, lipofilling)
- Mastectomy (with skin preservation) with the possibility of immediate reconstruction
- Breast reconstruction using implants and special nets (various matrices)
- Breast reconstruction with pedicle and free flaps (in collaboration with the Department of Plastic Surgery)
- Nipple reconstruction
- Removal of sentinel nodes and classical axillary lymph node dissection
- Corrective interventions in breast deformities (for example, in breast asymmetry, tubular breast)
- Aesthetic breast surgery (augmentation, reduction, lifting)
- Diagnostics and treatment of patients with familiar breast cancer
- Other medical services
- 1999 - 2001 Intern, Department of Gynecology, University Hospital Heidelberg.
- 2001 - 2003 Assistant Physician, Department of Gynecology, University Hospital Heidelberg.
- 2004 Acting Head of the Department of Oncology, University Hospital Heidelberg.
- December 2004 Examination for the title of Medical Specialist in Gynecology and Obstetrics.
- January 2005 Senior Physician, Department of Gynecology, University Hospital Heidelberg.
- May 2008 Deputy Head of the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, Salem gGmbH Clinic in collaboration with the University Hospital Heidelberg.
- March 2009 Specialization in Gynecological Oncology.
- January 2010 Specialization in Special Obstetrics and Perinatal Medicine.
- April 2010 Venia Legendi,Medical Faculty at the Heidelberg University.
- October 2010 Schmidt Matthiesen Prize of the Working group on Gynecologic Oncology, Award der mamazone – Women against Cancer.
- January 2011 Head of the Department of Mammology, University Hospital Heidelberg.
Responsibilities and Appointments
- 2000 - 2008 Representative of Heidelberger Curriculum Medicinale.
- 2001 - 2004 Assistant Spokesperson for the Department of Gynecology at the University Hospital Heidelberg.
- 2004 - 2008 Representative of the Department of Gynecology at the University Hospital Heidelberg for cooperation with the National Cancer Center Heidelberg.
- 2005 - 2008 Representative of the Department of Gynecology at the University Hospital Heidelberg, Public Relations.
- 2007 - 2008 Head of the course on breast sonography, Department of Gynecology at the University Hospital Heidelberg.
- Since 2004, Representative of the Quality Management Commission (QMB) at the Department of Gynecology, University Hospital Heidelberg.
- Since 2007, Registered Surgeon as part of the Mammography Screening Program.
- 2007 and 2009 Congress Secretary "Days of Oncology in Heidelberg – Gynecology and Senology".
- Since 1999, Diagnostics and treatment of bone marrow metastases in breast cancer patients.
- Since 2001, Hormone replacement therapy in breast cancer patients.
- Since 2001, Immunological function of the bone marrow in breast cancer patients.
- Since 2003, Cellular immunotherapy using bone marrow autologous memory T-cells in breast cancer patients.
- Since 2007, Role of regulatory T-cells in metastatic breast cancer and adjuvant therapy.
- Since 2008, Immunological factors in HER2-positive breast cancer.
- Since 2010, Inactivation of antigen-specific regulatory T-cells to (re)induce an immune response.
- Since 2011, Genetic features of antigen-specific immune reactions in breast cancer.
- 1998 Marburger Bund und Hartmann Bund.
- 2002 German Society of Gynecology and Obstetrics.
- 2002 German Cancer Society.
- 2003 Working Group on Gynecological Oncology (AGO).
- 2003 Working Group on Reconstructive Surgery in Gynecology.
- 204 Founding Member and Secretary of the German-Arab Society of Gynecology and Obstetrics.
- 2004 Founding Member and Secretary of the Commission for Translational Research in Gynecologic Oncology (AGO).
- 2004 American Society of Clinical Oncology.
- 2007 German Society of Senology.
- 2007 Founding Member and Secretary of the German-Ukrainian Society of Gynecology and Obstetrics.
- 2008 Member of the Commission of the Association of Gynecologic Oncology (AGO).
- 2008 Member of the PONS-Stiftung Foundation.
- 2008 Working Group "Certified Breast Centers" of the German Society of Senology.
- 2009 Scientific Advisory Board "mamazone e.V.".
- 2009 Professional Association of Gynecologists.
- 2009 Board Member of the German Society of Osteoncology.
- 2010 Board Member of the Fund for Financial Support of the Department of Mammology at the University Hospital Heidelberg.
- 2010 Mamazone e.V.
- 2010 Chairman of the Working Group on Gynecologic Immunology (DGGG e.V.).
Photo: (с) depositphotos
Department of Mammology.
University Hospital Heidelberg:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.