University Hospital Mannheim
Department of Hematology and Oncology (405680)
Specialized in: hematology, oncology
About the department
The Department of Hematology and Oncology at the University Hospital Mannheim offers the full range of services in these medical fields. It diagnoses and treats all benign and malignant blood diseases, cancers. The huge clinical experience and high competence of the doctors working in the department allow them to achieve excellent treatment results even in the most severe cases. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Georgia Metzgeroth.
The main clinical focuses of the department include:
- Complex diagnostics of malignant diseases of all organs and blood
- All types of drug therapy for the treatment of malignant diseases
- Hormonal therapy
- Other targeted therapies
- Treatment of complications after chemotherapy
- Other services
The medical team of the department makes every effort to help patients overcome serious diseases and improve the quality of life.
- 2010 Visiting Professor, Additional Qualification in Palliative Medicine.
- Since 2008, Head of the Department of Hematology and Oncology at the University Hospital Mannheim, Heidelberg University.
- 2007 Habilitation. Subject: "Soluble transferrin receptor in hematology" (Prof. Dr. med. R. Hehlmann, Prof. Dr. med. Hochhaus), focuses: Hematology and Internal Oncology.
- 2005 Medical Specialist in Internal Medicine.
- 1999 Admission to Medical Practice.
- 1997 Doctor’s Degree: "Urodynamic parameters and results of surgery to treat urinary incontinence" (Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Dr. h. c. mult. W. Schmidt).
- 1997 - 1999 Intern and Assistant Physician, Department of Internal Medicine IV, University Hospital Aachen (Prof. Dr. med. R. Osieka).
- 1991 - 1997 Study of Medicine, Saarland University, Homburg.
Department of Hematology and Oncology.
University Hospital Mannheim:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.