University Hospital Muenster
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (113907)
Specialized in: oral and maxillofacial surgery
About the department
The Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the University Hospital Muenster offers the full range of diagnosis as well as surgical and conservative treatment in the field of oral and maxillofacial surgery. Dental surgery and oral medicine are offered here as well. The Department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Dr. med. dent. Johannes Kleinheinz.
The Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the University Hospital Muenster annually provides medical care to about 1,500 inpatients and 15,000 outpatients. There are also annually performed about 1,000 outpatient operations, 1,400 surgical interventions and about 1,600 inpatient operations.
Tumor treatment makes up an important focus of the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the University Hospital Muenster. The Department has all necessary surgical techniques and thus tumor treatment also involves reconstruction of soft and hard tissue defects. The first prerequisite for the successful treatment of malignancies is the use of the most advanced techniques. Therefore, the Department under the direction of Prof. Dr. med. Dr. med. dent. Johannes Kleinheinz was certified by the German Cancer Society within the Comprehensive Cancer Center Muenster.
The focuses of the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the University Hospital Muenster are:
- Diagnosis and treatment of major head and neck traumas
- Surgical treatment of patients with malignant tumors of the lips, oral cavity and oropharynx
- Reconstructive (plastic and reconstructive) surgery for maxillofacial defects
- Care of patients with disorders of the lower and upper jaw (disgnathia)
- Surgical treatment and care of patients with developmental defects of the face, head, cranial and facial skeleton (e.g. cleft lip and palate)
- Dental surgery, surgical removal of teeth (wisdom teeth), surgical preservation of teeth (radiectomy), placement of dental implants
- Plastic aesthetic surgery (aesthetic profile enhancement, anti-aging therapy with the use of fillers and Botox, blepharoplasty (eyelid correction), correction of cleft nasal deformities, scar correction, facelift)
- Vaskuläre Biologie oraler Gewebe
- Regenerative Medizin
- Kraniofaziale Fehlbildungen
- 2003 Studium der Gesundheitsökonomie
- 2001 Habilitation und Venia legendi für das Fach Zahn-, Mund- und Kieferheilkunde
- 1996 Facharzt für Mund-, Kiefer-Gesichtschirurgie
- 1985 - 1991 Studium der Humanmedizin
- 1982 - 1988 Studium der Zahnmedizin
- Seit 2003 Leitender Oberarzt und Stellvertreter des Direktors
Mitgliedschaften und Aktivitäten in Gremien
- Seit 2010 Member of the Board of Directors of the International Bone Research Association
- 2008 - 2010 Mitglied des wissenschaftlichen Beirates der Deutschen Gesellschaft für MKG-Chirurgie
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
University Hospital Muenster:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home