University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich
Department of Adult and Pediatric Ophthalmology (102)
Chris Patrick Lohmann
Specialized in: adult and pediatric ophthalmology
About the department
With a long experience in the treatment of eye diseases, the Department of Adult and Pediatric Ophthalmology at the University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich offers the full range of services in this field. It treats all pathologies of the anterior and posterior segments of the eye. Particular attention is paid to retinal, vitreous, lens surgery, treatment of corneal diseases. To provide effective treatment, the department has three state-of-the-art operating rooms and two rooms for medical procedures equipped with the latest technology. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Chris Patrick Lohmann.
The department offers the widest diagnostic options, for example, visual field testing, retinal examinations with the help of special cameras, fluorescent angiography, optical coherence tomography angiography, etc.
It should be noted that the department has specialized ambulatories for the treatment of specific diseases, for example, the Glaucoma Ambulatory, the Center for Intravitreal Injections. 24-hour emergency care is also available for patients, even on weekends and holidays.
The department participates in many national and international clinical trials, as well as in interdisciplinary cooperation in the development of new diagnostic and therapeutic techniques in the field of ophthalmology. At the moment, the department’s Center for Clinical Trials conducts many studies to find new conservative methods for treating age-related macular degeneration (wet and dry form), diabetic macular edema, macular edema due to vein occlusion. At the same time, the focus is on researching new drugs and finding new treatments.
The main clinical focuses of the department include:
- Surgical treatment of cataract
- Conservative and surgical treatment of glaucoma
- Conservative and surgical treatment of corneal diseases (for example, corneal transplantation, amniotic membrane transplantation, cross-linking)
- Conservative and surgical treatment of macular degeneration
- Strabismus correction in adults and children
- Surgical and conservative treatment of retinal and vitreous diseases
- Other services
- 1990 - 1991 Fellow of Prof. John Marshall, Department of Ophthalmology, Moorfields Eye Hospital and St. Thomas Hospital, University of London, London (Great Britain).
- 1992 Senior Research Fellow, Rayne Institute, Department of Ophthalmology, St. Thomas Hospital, University of London, London (Great Britain).
- 1992 - 1996 Assistant Physician, Department and Polyclinic of Ophthalmology, University of Regensburg.
- 1996 Recognized as a Medical Specialist.
- 1996 - 2002 Senior Physician, Department and Polyclinic of Ophthalmology, University of Regensburg.
- 2002 Adjunct Professor, Eye Research Institute, University of Ottawa, Canada.
- 2002 - 2004 C2 Professor, Department and Polyclinic of Ophthalmology, University of Regensburg.
- 02.2004 C3 Professor.
- Since 01.10.2004, Head of the Department of Adult and Pediatric Ophthalmology at the University Hospital Rechts der Isar.
- 10.2004 C4 Professor.
Department of Adult and Pediatric Ophthalmology.
University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home