University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich
Department of Adult and Pediatric Ophthalmology (102)
Chris Patrick Lohmann
Specialized in: adult and pediatric ophthalmology
About the department
With a long experience in the treatment of eye diseases, the Department of Adult and Pediatric Ophthalmology at the University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich offers the full range of services in this field. It treats all pathologies of the anterior and posterior segments of the eye. Particular attention is paid to retinal, vitreous, lens surgery, treatment of corneal diseases. To provide effective treatment, the department has three state-of-the-art operating rooms and two rooms for medical procedures equipped with the latest technology. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Chris Patrick Lohmann.
The department offers the widest diagnostic options, for example, visual field testing, retinal examinations with the help of special cameras, fluorescent angiography, optical coherence tomography angiography, etc.
It should be noted that the department has specialized ambulatories for the treatment of specific diseases, for example, the Glaucoma Ambulatory, the Center for Intravitreal Injections. 24-hour emergency care is also available for patients, even on weekends and holidays.
The department participates in many national and international clinical trials, as well as in interdisciplinary cooperation in the development of new diagnostic and therapeutic techniques in the field of ophthalmology. At the moment, the department’s Center for Clinical Trials conducts many studies to find new conservative methods for treating age-related macular degeneration (wet and dry form), diabetic macular edema, macular edema due to vein occlusion. At the same time, the focus is on researching new drugs and finding new treatments.
The main clinical focuses of the department include:
- Diagnostics and treatment of lacrimal duct diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of eye injuries
- Diagnostics and treatment of diseases affecting the conjunctiva and cornea (including dry eye syndrome)
- Refractive eye surgery
- Diagnostics and treatment of age-related farsightedness
- Corneal transplantation
- Diagnostics and treatment of cataracts (including implantation of special lenses)
- Diagnostics and treatment of glaucoma
- Diagnostics and treatment of age-related macular degeneration
- Diagnosis and treatment of retinal pathologic changes due to diabetes mellitus
- Diagnostics and treatment of retinal detachment
- Diagnostics and treatment of pediatric ophthalmic disease
- Diagnostics and treatment of neuro-ophthalmological diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of eyelid diseases
- Eyelid plastic surgery
- Diagnostics and treatment of other diseases
The range of medical services of the department includes:
- Conservative and surgical treatment of diseases of the cornea, conjunctiva
- Excimer laser refractive eye surgery (PRK, LASIK, Femto-LASIK, Epi-LASIK, LASEK)
- Phototherapeutic keratectomy using excimer laser
- Corneal transplantation (including lamellar keratoplasty using femtosecond laser, DMEK)
- Tumor resection
- Pterygium resection with and without conjunctival plastic surgery
- Triple procedure (corneal transplantation, cataract surgery, IOL implantation)
- Conservative treatments
- Contact lens selection
- Drug therapy
- Conservative and surgical treatment of diseases of the eye lens, including cataract
- Femtosecond-assisted eye lens surgery
- Intracapsular eye lens resection
- Extracapsular eye lens resection
- Pars plana technique
- YAG eye lens capsulotomy (as follow-up therapy)
- Posterior chamber intraocular lens implantation
- Removal of a foreign body from the eye lens
- Revision eye lens interventions
- Secondary IOL implantation
- Implantation of monofocal, multifocal, toric, yellow and aspherical intraocular lenses
- Conservative and surgical treatment of vitreous, retinal diseases
- ARGUS II (retinal replacement technique in retinitis pigmentosa)
- Argon laser therapy
- Focal and panretinal laser therapy
- Photodynamic therapy
- Laser retinopexy
- Intravitreal injection therapy (Triamcinolone, Lucentis, Eylea, Avastin)
- Retinal cryopexy
- Pneumatic retinopexy
- Pars plana vitrectomy
- Subretinal surgery (for example, removal of choroidal neovascularization in subretinal hemorrhage)
- Ocular endotamponades (air, gas, silicone oil)
- 23G transconjunctival sutureless vitrectomy
- Glaucoma treatment
- Nd-YAG laser iridotomy
- Selective laser trabeculoplasty
- Trabeculectomy (with and without 5FU)
- Deep sclerotomy
- Use of ExPress shunts, XEN implants
- Ahmed implants
- Conservative techniques
- Drug therapy (local or systemic)
- Conservative and surgical treatment of ophthalmic diseases in children
- Cataract surgery
- Surgical and laser therapy of retinopathy in premature babies
- Surgical treatment of eye injuries
- Treatment using diode and argon laser
- Conservative and surgical treatment of strabismus
- Lens selection
- Conservative and surgical treatment of lacrimal duct diseases
- Ring intubation
- Lacrimal duct endoscopy
- Dacryocystorhinostomy according to Toti
- Lacrimal puncture
- Lacrimal duct reconstruction
- Lacrimal duct dilation
- Conjunctival dacryocystorhinostomy
- Lacrimal duct irrigation
- Lacrimal duct probing
- Conservative techniques
- Drug therapy in inflammations
- Lacrimal sac massage
- Conservative and surgical treatment of eyelid diseases
- Skin resurfacing (Erbium YAG laser)
- Treatment of eyelid xanthelasma (Erbium YAG laser)
- Superficial removal of skin pigmentation (Erbium YAG laser)
- Argon laser epilation
- Ptosis repair
- Ectropion, entropion repair
- Reconstructive surgery in injuries
- Eyelid tumor surgery (free grafts, rotation flaps)
- Removal of chalazion, hordeolum externum
- Botulinum toxin therapy for blepharospasm or corneal ulcer
- Drug treatment of inflammatory eyelid lesions
- Conservative and surgical treatment of neuro-ophthalmic diseases
- Eyelid surgery, ptosis repair
- Drug therapy
- Conservative and surgical treatment of orbital diseases
- Orbital surgery
- Enucleation followed by implant surgery and without it
- Implantation of secondary implants
- Tumor biopsy
- Tumor resection
- Conservative treatment methods
- Drug therapy
- Infusion therapy
- Other conservative and surgical treatments
- 1990 - 1991 Fellow of Prof. John Marshall, Department of Ophthalmology, Moorfields Eye Hospital and St. Thomas Hospital, University of London, London (Great Britain).
- 1992 Senior Research Fellow, Rayne Institute, Department of Ophthalmology, St. Thomas Hospital, University of London, London (Great Britain).
- 1992 - 1996 Assistant Physician, Department and Polyclinic of Ophthalmology, University of Regensburg.
- 1996 Recognized as a Medical Specialist.
- 1996 - 2002 Senior Physician, Department and Polyclinic of Ophthalmology, University of Regensburg.
- 2002 Adjunct Professor, Eye Research Institute, University of Ottawa, Canada.
- 2002 - 2004 C2 Professor, Department and Polyclinic of Ophthalmology, University of Regensburg.
- 02.2004 C3 Professor.
- Since 01.10.2004, Head of the Department of Adult and Pediatric Ophthalmology at the University Hospital Rechts der Isar.
- 10.2004 C4 Professor.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Klinikum rechts der Isar der Technischen Universität München
Department of Adult and Pediatric Ophthalmology.
University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.