University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich
Department of Traumatology (278015)
Specialized in: traumatology
The Department of Traumatology at the University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich is one of the leading medical facilities in Germany and offers the full range of services in this medical field. The doctors of the department specialize in the treatment of bone fractures, soft tissue injuries and joint diseases. Of particular interest is also the treatment of severe injuries and polytrauma. All therapeutic measures comply with the current treatment guidelines of the German Society of Traumatology. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Peter Biberthaler.
The department has 40 beds, two operating rooms for surgical treatment of injuries of the musculoskeletal system and one specialized operating room for the treatment of hand injuries. The operating rooms are equipped with state-of-the-art diagnostic and therapeutic equipment, which ensures an optimal result even in particularly severe clinical cases. The department annually treats more than 2,300 inpatients and 23,000 outpatients. All medical services are provided at the highest level of university medicine.
The primary goal of the department’s medical team is to restore the patient's functionality for their fastest possible reintegration into professional and personal life, as well as to improve the quality of life.
The service range of the department includes:
- Comprehensive treatment of severe injuries (polytrauma)
- Treatment of accidents at work
- Treatment of bone fractures of the pelvis, lower leg, collarbone
- Treatment of spinal and hip injuries
- Treatment of pseudoarthrosis
- Limb lengthening surgery
- Correction of axial abnormalities with the use of 3D systems
- Treatment of joint fractures, for example, knee, shoulder, elbow joints (minimally invasive surgical techniques, supporting arthroscopic interventions)
- Reconstructive surgery
- Treatment of hand fractures and injuries
- Other therapeutic options
- Munich, Germany