University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich
Department of Surgery (285)
Specialized in: surgery
The Department of Surgery at the University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich offers the full range of services in this field and specializes in general, abdominal, thoracic, transplant surgery. The medical team of the department, consisting of 10 specialized senior physicians, 30 medical specialists and assistant physicians, as well as highly motivated nursing staff, provides first-class treatment of tumors, inflammatory and degenerative diseases of the esophagus, stomach, intestines, pancreas, liver, gallbladder, spleen, lungs, thyroid and parathyroid glands. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Helmut Friess.
The department is the certified Colon and Pancreatic Cancer Center (certification of the German Cancer Society), part of the certified Cancer Center of the Rechts der Isar Hospital. In addition, the department is recognized as the Center of Excellence in the surgical treatment of esophageal and gastric diseases (German Society of General and Abdominal Surgery). All these achievements show that the department provides patients with quality treatment at the highest technical and professional level.
In cooperation with the related disciplines (anesthesiology, intensive care, gastroenterology, internal oncology, as well as diagnostic and interventional radiology), treatment is provided at any time of the day and night in the department’s four modern operating rooms. It is possible to perform operations with the use of intraoperative sonography, endoscopy, radiological imaging and many other techniques.
The service range of the department includes:
- Treatment of pancreatic diseases
- Treatment of esophageal and gastric diseases
- Treatment of diseases of the colon and rectum
- Treatment of proctologic diseases
- Treatment of diseases of the lungs and other thoracic organs
- Treatment of thyroid diseases
- Bariatric surgery for obesity treatment
- Hernia repair (for example, inguinal, incisional, umbilical hernia)
- Laparoscopic interventions
- Treatment of oncological diseases
- Intraperitoneal hyperthermic chemoperfusion
- Treatment with NanoKnife technology
- Other medical services
- Munich, Germany