Diagnosis for jaw osteomyelitis (program ID: 400922)
University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich
Klaus Dietrich WolffSpecialized in: adult and pediatric oral, maxillofacial surgery
Department of Adult and Pediatric Oral, Maxillofacial Surgery
The program includes:
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- review of medical records
- physical examination
- CT/MRI scan
- bone scintigraphy
- nursing services
- consultation of related specialists
- treatment by head doctor and all leading experts
- explanation of individual treatment plan
You may also book:
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Oral, Maxillofacial Surgery at the University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich offers the full range of services in this medical field. The department admits both adult patients and children of various age categories. The department's main clinical focuses include the treatment of cleft lip and palate, maxillofacial tumors, reconstructive surgery, facial aesthetic surgery and dental implant surgery. The department has 24 beds, three modern operating rooms and a large outpatient clinic with treatment rooms. With the very latest medical technologies, the department's doctors annually treat 1,900 inpatients and about 20,000 outpatients. The department's medical team makes sure that each patient receives top-class medical care that meets high European standards.
The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Klaus Dietrich Wolff, who has developed innovative methods of microvascularized tissue transplantation for reconstructive facial surgery and defect closure after the removal of malignant tumors. He is also the author of national and international guidelines for the treatment of oral cancer and the president of the European Board of Oro-Maxillo-Facial Surgery.
A highly qualified team of doctors, consisting of a head physician, a visiting surgeon in the field of dental surgery and implantology (Prof. Dr. med. Herbert Deppe), four experienced senior physicians, three attending physicians and 12 assistant physicians, work hand in hand to provide patients with comprehensive treatment and guarantee a good outcome even in the most complex clinical cases. The high quality of medical care is also facilitated by the department's state-of-the-art medical equipment: laser devices of the latest generation, CAD/CAM 3D printers for the manufacture of individual implants when planning an operation, high-resolution microscopes, cutting-edge digital volumetric tomography for 3D imaging, etc.
The department is one of the few in Europe that offers nasoalveolar molding (NAM) for the treatment of cleft lip and palate. This technique helps the doctors to narrow the cleft lip and palate even before surgery, facilitates surgery, improves functional and aesthetic results, and often eliminates the need for revision surgical procedures. The timeliness of treatment plays a significant role in the success of cleft lip and palate repair, so the department's doctors recommend parents not hesitate with the operation.
The department's key clinical focuses include:
- Treatment of benign and malignant oral and maxillofacial tumors
- Plastic reconstructive surgery: most often after interventions for cancer, developmental defects and injuries
- Repair of cleft lip, jaw and palate in adults and children
- Repair of malocclusion (dysgnathia)
- Medical care for oral and maxillofacial injuries (around the clock)
- Aesthetic facial surgery: eyelid surgery, facelift, aesthetic nose reshaping (rhinoplasty) and other services in this field
- Dental implant placement
- Temporomandibular joint surgery
- Treatment of jaw bone necrosis
- Other medical services
- 1978 - 1985 Study of Medicine at the Free University of Berlin, state examination.
- 1984 Admission to medical practice.
- 1982 - 1987 Study of Dentistry at the Free University of Berlin, state examination.
- 1987 Admission to medical practice.
- 1985 - 1987 Research Fellow at the Institute of Anatomy at the Free University of Berlin, Department of Neuroanatomy.
- 1987 - 1992 Internship as Research Fellow in the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Facial Plastic Surgery at the University Hospital Steglitz.
- 1993 Managing Senior Physician of the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Facial Plastic Surgery at the University Hospital Steglitz.
- 1994 Habilitation. Subject: "Alternative microvascular grafts for defect closure during oral and maxillofacial interventions".
- 1996 Additional specialization in Plastic Surgery.
- 1999 Extraordinary Professor at the Free University of Berlin.
- 2000 Invitation to the position in the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Academic Hospital of Ruhr University Bochum (Knappschaftskrankenhaus Bochum-Langendreer).
- 2003 Medical Director of the Academic Hospital of Ruhr University Bochum (Knappschaftskrankenhaus Bochum-Langendreer).
- 2006 Invitation to the Technical University of Munich.
- Since 2007 Head of the Department of Adult and Pediatric Oral, Maxillofacial Surgery at the University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich.
Awards and Prizes
- 1994 Martin Wassmund Prize of the German Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- 2016 - 2018 President of the European Association for Cranio-Maxillo-Facial Surgery.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Klinikum rechts der Isar der Technischen Universität München