Facelift by MACS lifting (program ID: 127843)
University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich
Hans-Günther MachensSpecialized in: plastic surgery, hand surgery
Department of Adult and Pediatric Plastic Surgery, Hand Surgery
The program includes:
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- physical examination
- review of medical records
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- biochemical analysis of blood
- indicators of inflammation (CRP, ESR)
- indicators blood coagulation
- ultrasound of the breast
- preparation according to preoperative standard
- MACS lifting
- symptomatic treatment
- control examinations
- the cost of essential medicines and materials
- nursing services
- full hospital accommodation
- explanation of future recommendations
- written statement
- Medical records
- Full face and profile photo
You may also book:
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Plastic Surgery, Hand Surgery at the University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich offers the full range of services in its areas of specialization. The department successfully performs surgical interventions to improve the appearance at the patient's desire, operations to restore a lost or deformed part of the body due to an accident, as well as operations to remove tumors and correct congenital or acquired deformities. The department's specialists also perform surgical interventions to treat hand diseases, deformities and injuries. Doctors have unique experience in tissue transplantation, finger, arm and hand replantation surgery. In addition, the department offers all modern methods of treating lymphedema, including severe forms of pathology. Many surgical procedures are performed on an outpatient basis, which is an added benefit to patients. Thanks to its high treatment success rates, the medical facility enjoys an excellent reputation both in Germany and far beyond its borders. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Hans-Günther Machens.
The department's medical team consists of 16 highly qualified doctors who make every effort to achieve the best functional and aesthetic results. Surgical interventions are performed in state-of-the-art operating rooms with all the necessary equipment. Outpatient surgical procedures are performed in a separate outpatient operating room. To provide medical care in urgent clinical situations, a specially trained team of doctors works around the clock in the department.
In the field of reconstructive surgery, special attention is paid to surgery on the mammary glands, operations on soft tissues, tendons, nerve endings and blood vessels after injuries, operations to restore the attractive appearance and functions of various parts of the body after tumor resection. The department's surgeons have many years of experience, and modern surgical techniques allow performing effective interventions with minimal trauma to healthy tissues.
Those patients who do not like the appearance of a particular part of their body seek help from the department's aesthetic surgeons. The surgeons specializing in this medical field perform plastic surgery without clinical indications – at the patient's own request. The most popular are operations for breast augmentation and tummy tuck, liposuction, as well as nose and ear reshaping surgery, facelift. The department also treats wrinkles with Botox and filler injections. Prior to any operation, the patient undergoes a complex of diagnostic tests to assess the state of health, as well as exclude both operative and postoperative risks.
The department is one of the leading medical facilities in Germany specializing in the treatment of hand diseases and injuries. The highly qualified surgeons perform complex surgical interventions to treat wrist joint and finger joint arthrosis, nerve ending compression syndromes, hand fractures and traumatic injuries, Dupuytren's contracture, and hand defects in children. It should be noted that the department also performs corrective operations after unsuccessful surgical treatment of hand pathologies. The department includes a highly specialized Replantation Surgery Center, whose services are available to patients around the clock. In July 2008, the department's surgeons performed the first transplantation of both arms above the elbow for the first time in world history. About 40 specialists took part in the surgery under the guidance of the Head Physician of the department, Prof. Hans Günther-Mahens. The surgery was a brilliant success and gave many patients who had lost their upper extremities a chance to avoid disability. In some cases, the department's doctors successfully eliminate hand pathology using conservative treatments, without resorting to the surgical intervention.
The department's service range includes:
- Reconstructive plastic surgery
- Microsurgical tissue transplants for the correction of defects after accidents or tumor removal
- Lymph node transplant for severe lymphedema of the upper or lower extremities
- Breast reconstructive surgery: plastic surgery after mammary gland removal, reconstruction in case of breast malformations and asymmetry, treatment of gynecomastia
- Reconstructive surgery after skin cancer treatment
- Reconstructive surgery and transplants for facial nerve palsy, partial paralysis or motility disorders of the facial muscles
- Treatment of nerve lesions and restoration of motor function after severe injuries, treatment of tumors or congenital malformations
- Aesthetic plastic surgery
- Bodily plastic surgery
- Breast augmentation (with the help of implants or the patient's own tissue)
- Breast reduction
- Breast lift
- Body Contouring (breast, abdominal and hip lift)
- Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty)
- Facial plastic surgery
- Scar revision (using laser and other advanced techniques)
- Eyelid lift
- Face lift
- Forehead lift (endoscopic method)
- Neck lift
- Lip augmentation
- Wrinkle treatment
- Nose reshaping
- Ear reshaping
- Chin reconstruction and reduction
- Bodily plastic surgery
- Hand surgery
- Finger and upper extremity replantation surgery (specialized 24/7 Replantation Surgery Center)
- Treatment of pain syndrome caused by nerve ending compression: carpal tunnel syndrome, cubital canal syndrome, Guyon's canal syndrome
- Treatment of Dupuytren's contracture
- Correction of hand malformations
- Reconstructive hand surgery after severe injuries
- Treatment of hand fractures and other hand injuries
- Treatment of wrist joint and finger joint arthrosis
- Treatment of tendovaginitis
- Treatment of ganglion
- Regenerative therapy
- Cell therapy
- Tissue therapy
- Therapy with innovative biomaterials and growth factors
- Other therapeutic options
University Education and Professional Career
- Since 12.2007 Head of the Department of Adult and Pediatric Plastic Surgery, Hand Surgery at the University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich.
- 11.2003 Extraordinary Professorship, University Hospital Luebeck.
- 10.1999 - 11.2007 Senior Physician (since 02.2004 Managing Senior Physician) of the Department of Plastic Surgery and Hand Surgery at the University Hospital Luebeck.
- 11.2002 Additional qualification in Hand Surgery.
- 10.2001 Optional advanced training, Intensive Care in Plastic Surgery, including medical care for severe burns.
- 07.1999 Habilitation.
- 02.1999 Board certification in Plastic Surgery.
- 08.1997 - 09.1999 Senior Physician, Department of Plastic Surgery, Hand Surgery and Reconstructive Surgery, Hannover Medical School.
- 12.1996 Additional qualification in Plastic Surgery.
- 04.1995 Board certification in Surgery.
- 06.1993 - 07.1997 Assistant Physician, Department of Plastic Surgery, Hand Surgery and Reconstructive Surgery, Hannover Medical School.
- 03.1991 - 06.1993 Assistant Physician, Department of Abdominal and Transplant Surgery, Hannover Medical School.
- 08.1988 - 02.1991 Civil Service Physician and Assistant Physician (since 04.1990), Department of Surgery, University Hospital Heidelberg.
- 06.1988 Admission to medical practice.
- 10.1981 - 06.1988 Study of Medicine in Hanover, Goettingen, Heidelberg, Wuhan (China) and Chicago.
Prizes, Awards and Honors
- 2008 Heinz Maier Leibnitz Medal, Technical University of Munich.
- 2008 Karl Max von Bauernfeind Medal, Technical University of Munich.
- 2000 Scientific Prize of the British Association of Plastic Surgeons.
- 1997 Scientific Award of the German Working Group for Hand Surgery.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Since 2005 German Society for Regenerative Medicine (DGRM).
- Since 2004 Plastic Surgery Research Council, USA (PSRC).
- Since 2002 European Association of Plastic Surgeons (EURAPS).
- Since 2000 Surgical Working Group on Molecular Diagnostics and Therapy (CAMO).
- Since 1999 Surgical Working Group on Wound Healing (CAW).
- Since 1998 German Society for Burn Treatment (DGV).
- Since 1998 International Society for Burn Injury (ISBI).
- Since 1995 Surgical Working Group on Burn Medicine (CAVM).
- Since 1994 German Society for Hand Surgery (DGH).
- Since 1993 German Society of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (DGPRÄC).
- Since 1993 German Society of Surgery (DGC).
Photo of the doctor: (c) Klinikum rechts der Isar der Technischen Universität München