Femoral neck fracture treatment with hip replacement (hip endoprosthesis) (program ID: 405215)
University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich
Rüdiger von Eisenhart-RotheSpecialized in: adult and pediatric orthopedics, sports medicine
Department of Adult and Pediatric Orthopedics, Sports Medicine
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- physical examination
- review of medical records
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- general urine analysis
- biochemical analysis of blood
- indicators of inflammation (CRP, ESR)
- indicators blood coagulation
- x-ray examination of the hip
- MRI scan of the hip
- preoperative care
- hip replacement (hip endoprosthesis)
- symptomatic treatment
- control examinations
- physiotherapeutic procedures
- orthopedic appliances
- the cost of essential medicines and materials
- nursing services
- full hospital accommodation
- explanation of future recommendations
You may also book
About the department
According to the Focus magazine rating of 2017, the Department of Adult and Pediatric Orthopedics, Sports Medicine at the University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich was included in the rating of the top German departments specializing in endoprosthetics!
The department offers the full range of services in these fields and deals with the treatment of all diseases of the musculoskeletal system: bones, joints, muscles, ligaments and tendons. The highly specialized medical team of the department applies only modern diagnostic and therapeutic methods in its practice, while the long experience of doctors guarantees first-class surgical and conservative treatment. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Rüdiger von Eisenhart-Rothe.
In addition to the treatment of general orthopedic diseases, the scope of the department’s tasks includes knee and hip replacement surgery, revision endoprosthetics, oncological orthopedics, treatment of orthopedic problems with the foot, joint-preserving orthopedics, septic and pediatric orthopedics. More than 1,800 inpatients and 8,900 outpatients are treated here every year. To reduce the risk of infection, the department has at its disposal state-of-the-art operating rooms with air purification systems.
The service range of the department includes:
- Orthopedic oncology
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Hip joint replacement surgery with the use of AMIS technique
- Replacement of artificial joints and prevention of infection
- Manufacture of individual endoprostheses
- Navigation surgery for tumor removal
- Weekly interdisciplinary tumor boards
- Psycho-oncological care before, during and after hospitalization
- Interdisciplinary monitoring of patients (in close cooperation with specialists from the related fields)
- In-house Physiotherapy Unit
- Other services
- Joint replacement and revision surgery (within the framework of the certified Maximum Care Endoprosthetics Center (EndoTUM))
- Joint-preserving surgery
- Treatment of congenital and acquired foot diseases (the whole spectrum of conservative and surgical treatments)
- Septic orthopedics (treatment of joint infections, including those in artificial joints)
- Pediatric orthopedics
- Examination of newborns for the detection of orthopedic diseases (for example, hip dysplasia)
- Treatment of malpositions of the legs and extremities
- Treatment of aseptic bone necrosis (Perthes disease)
- Interdisciplinary treatment of bone and soft tissue tumors
- Gait analysis (at the special laboratory)
- Treatment of infantile cerebral palsy
- Other services
- 1991 - 1997 Study of Human Medicine, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich, graduation for partial approbation.
- 1996 - 1997 Practical year; Elective subject "Orthopedics", Hospital Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich, (Prof. Dr. H.-J. Refior).
- 1999 Full approbation (license to practice medicine).
- 2000 Dissertation, Anatomical Institute of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich (Board: Prof. Dr. R. Putz).
- 2003 Intermediate diploma.
- 1999 - 2004 Study of Business Administration, University of Hagen, graduated in Business Administration; Main focus: Service Management, Production Economy; Seminar: Health Economics; Diploma thesis: "Economic approaches to the evaluation of human life".
- 1998 - 1999 Medical training (internship), Department of Surgery, Innenstadt Hospital of the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich (Medical Director: Prof. Dr. L. Schweiberer).
- 1999 - 1999 Assistant Physician, Department of Surgery, University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich (Medical Director: Prof. Dr. R. Siewert).
- 2000 - 2002 Assistant Physician, Departmnet of Orthopedics, University Hospital Friedrichsheim (Medical Director: Prof. Dr. L. Zichner); German Research Foundation Scholarship.
- 2002 - 2005 Medical Specialist, Department of Orthopedics, University Hospital Friedrichsheim (Medical Director: Prof. Dr. L. Zichner).
- 2005 Board certification for Orthopedics.
- 2005 - 2006 Medical Specialist, Department of Orthopedics, University Hospital Friedrichsheim (Medical Director: Prof. Dr. L. Zichner).
- 2006 - 2007 Senior Physician, Department of Endoprosthetics and Reconstructive Orthopedics, Pediatric Orthopedics, Asklepios Orthopedic Clinic (Medical Director: Prof. Dr. H. Graichen).
- 2007 - 2009 Leading Senior Physician and Deputy Medical Director of the Asklepios Orthopedic Clinic (Medical Director: Prof. Dr. H. Graichen).
- 2009 - 2011 Leading Senior Physician and Deputy Head of the Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology at the University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich (Medical Director: Prof. Dr. R. Gradinger).
- 2011 - 2012 Acting Director, Department of Orthopedics and Sports Orthopedics at the University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich.
- Since 2012 Head of the Department of Adult and Pediatric Orthopedics, Sports Orthopedics at the University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich.
- 1999 Additional specialization in Emergency Medicine.
- 2002 Additional specialization in Chirotherapy.
- 2002 Expertise and expert knowledge in Radiation Protection.
- 2006 Additional qualification in Sports Medicine.
- 2008 Additional qualification in Special Orthopedic Surgery.
- 2008 Additional specialization in Physiotherapy and Balneology.
- 2008 Board certification for Orthopedics and Traumatology.
- 1993 - 2000 Research Associate, Anatomical Institute, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich, (Director: Prof. Dr. R. Putz).
- 2000 Doctorate in Medicine, Anatomical Institute, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich (Chairman of the Board: Prof. Dr. R. Putz), (summa cum laude). Thesis: "Quantification and direct comparison of incongruence, surface pressure and subchondral mineralization in the human hip joint".
- 2002 - 2004 Deputy Head of the Working Group "Kinematics and Biomechanics" (Head: Prof. Dr. med. H. Graichen).
- 2006 Habilitation and Appointed as PD at the Department of Orthopedics, University Hospital Friedrichsheim, J.W. Goethe University of Frankfurt am Main (Medical Director: Prof. Dr. L. Zichner). Thesis: "In vivo quantification of joint instability to improve diagnostics and therapy control".
- 2005 - 2009 Head of the Working Group "Kinematics and Biomechanics", Department of Orthpedics at the Friedrichsheim University Hospital.
- 2009 Head of the inter-site Working Group "Arthrosis Research", Asklepios Orthopedic Clinic, University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich, (Department of Orthopedics, Friedrichsheim University Hospital).
- 2010 Foundation and establishment of the Orthopedic Working Group "Osteooncology", University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich.
- Since 2012 Chairman of Orthopedics of the Medical Faculty, TU Munich.
Accommodation in hospital
- Program [Description]
Femoral neck fracture treatment with hip replacement (hip endoprosthesis)
- Hospital: University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich
- access_time Duration:
There are 90 femoral neck fracture treatment hospitals on Booking Health websiteShow all clinics