University Hospital Tuebingen
Department of Neurology (113931)
Specialized in: neurology
About the department
According to the Focus magazine, the Department of Neurology at the University Hospital Tuebingen is included in the ranking of the top departments in Germany for the treatment of multiple sclerosis and Parkinson's disease!
The department offers the full range of services in the diagnostics and treatment of diseases of the nervous system. Special attention is paid to the treatment of epilepsy, neurodegenerative diseases, neurovascular pathologies, oncological processes of the nervous system and cognitive disorders. To make an accurate diagnosis, the department has all modern diagnostic capabilities, for example, Doppler scanning, electroencephalography, electromyography, electronystagmography and other highly specialized studies. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Thomas Gasser.
The department specializes in the diagnostics and treatment of the following neurological pathologies:
- General neurological disorders
- Cerebellar and afferent ataxia
- Huntington's disease
- Epilepsy, including syncopes and pseudoepileptic seizures
- Frontotemporal dementia and other forms of dementia
- Headaches and neuropathic pain (including migraine, tension headache, cluster headache, trigeminal neuralgia, etc.)
- Leukodystrophy in adulthood
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Neuromuscular diseases (for example, myopathy, myasthenia)
- Peripheral nerve injuries
- Inflammatory diseases of the central and peripheral nervous system (for example, multiple sclerosis)
- Benign and malignant tumors of the nervous system
- Neuropsychological diseases
- Conditions after strokes, as well as cerebrovascular diseases
- Hereditary spastic paraparesis
- Other diseases of the central and peripheral nervous system
- 1996 Habilitation, University of Munich.
- 1985 Doctor of Medicine, Medical School of the University of Freiburg.
Major Previous Appointments
- Since 2013, Coordinator of Clinical Studies, German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE) Tuebingen.
- Since 2010, Dean for Research, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tuebingen.
- Since 2008, Chairman of the Board of Directors, Center of Neurology, University of Tuebingen.
- Since 2002, Full Professor and Head of the Department of Neurology, University Hospital Tuebingen.
Activities in the Scientific Communities and Professional Memberships
- Since 2014, Coordinator of the Helmholtz Association’s Personalized Medicine Initiative for the German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases.
- Since 2011, Chairman of the Scientific Advisory Board of the Joint Programming on Neurodegenerative Diseases, in particular Alzheimer’s disease.
- Since 2001, President, German Society for Neurogenetics.
Honors and Awards
- 2011 K. J. Zülch Award of the Max Planck Society.
- 2010 Dingebauer Award of the German Society of Neurology.
- 1998 Parkinson Research Award of the German Society of Neurology.
Department of Neurology.
University Hospital Tuebingen:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home