Surgical treatment of haglund’s syndrome with endoscopic calcaneoplasty (program ID: 266865)
University Hospital Tuebingen
Nikolaus WülkerSpecialized in: adult and pediatric orthopedics
Department of Adult and Pediatric Orthopedics
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- physical examination
- review of medical records
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- general urine analysis
- biochemical analysis of blood
- indicators of inflammation
- indicators blood coagulation
- x-ray/ MRI examination
- preoperative care
- endoscopic calcaneoplasty
- symptomatic treatment
- control examinations
- the cost of essential medicines and materials
- nursing services
- full hospital accommodation
- explanation of future recommendations
- Medical records
- X-ray examination, MRI/CT scan (if available)
You may also book
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Orthopedics offers the full range of modern diagnostics and treatment of diseases, deformities of the musculoskeletal system in patients of all age groups. The priority task of all specialists of the department is to preserve the mobility of the patient and improve the quality of his life. In the field of surgical treatment, the main focus is on joint arthroplasty, resection of musculoskeletal tumors, as well as surgical correction of spinal defects and pathologies. In addition, the department specializes in the treatment of sports injuries. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Nikolaus Wülker.
Should endoprosthetics be required, the patient will receive comprehensive consultations, during which he will be provided with information about the types of endoprostheses, the course of surgery and the postoperative period. The doctors maximally use in their clinical practice sparing surgical techniques and modern endoprostheses from the leading world manufacturers, which allows for providing the best treatment results.
Also, the doctors of the department have long experience and unique expertise in the treatment of spinal diseases in adults and children. The surgical spectrum of the department covers all modern interventions, ranging from minor operations on the intervertebral discs to extensive interventions to stabilize the vertebral bodies. The physicians of the department specialize in the correction of severe forms of spinal deformities in children and adolescents.
An integral part of the department’s specialists work is the therapy of benign and malignant neoplasms of the musculoskeletal system.To this end, the doctors have at their disposal all the classic and innovative treatments. Preference is given to an interdisciplinary approach, so each clinical case is considered by a board of specialists from the related fields, for example, oncologists, radiologists, therapists, etc.
The service range of the department includes:
- Diagnostics and treatment of knee, ankle osteoarthritis (endoprosthetics, arthroscopic and reconstructive interventions)
- Diagnostics and treatment of spinal deformities of varying severity in adults and children
- Diagnostics and treatment of foot and ankle diseases (open and arthroscopic interventions)
- Diagnostics and treatment of orthopedic diseases, deformities in children (for example, flat feet, hip diseases)
- Diagnostics and treatment of rheumatic diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of tumors of the musculoskeletal system (for example, soft tissue sarcomas)
- Diagnostics and treatment of bone and soft tissue injuries
- Diagnostics and treatment of sports injuries
- Diagnostics and treatment of herniated intervertebral discs
- Shoulder surgery
- Diagnostics and treatment of other orthopedic diseases
- 1976 - 1982 Study of Medicine in Freiburg, England, Ireland and the USA.
- 1982 Admission to medical practice.
- 1982 ECFMG Certification, USA.
- 1982 - 1983 Department of Orthopedics, University Hospital Kiel.
- 1983 - 1984 General Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, USA.
- 1984 Board Certification, California, USA.
- 1984 - 1985 Orthopedic Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, USA.
- 1985 - 1988 Department of Traumatology, Hannover Medical School.
- 1988 - 2002 Department of Orthopedics, Hannover Medical School.
- 1990 Doctoral dissertation defense, grade: very good.
- 1991 Specialization in Orthopedics, Medical Association of Lower Saxony.
- 1993 Habilitation. Subject: "Measurement of pressure in the shoulder bursa and its movement on the kinematic shoulder model".
- 1997 Extraordinary Professor, Hannover Medical School.
- Since 2002, Head of the Department of Adult and Pediatric Orthopedics at the University Hospital Tuebingen.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Universitätsklinikum Tübingen
Accommodation in hospital
- Program [Description]
Surgical treatment of haglund’s syndrome with endoscopic calcaneoplasty
- Hospital: University Hospital Tuebingen
There are 70 haglund’s syndrome treatment hospitals on Booking Health websiteShow all clinics