Hospital Bogenhausen Munich
Department of Adult and Pediatric Plastic, Reconstructive Surgery, Hand Surgery, Burn Surgery (113817)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric plastic, reconstructive surgery, hand surgery, burn surgery
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Plastic, Reconstructive Surgery, Hand Surgery, Burn Surgery at the Hospital Bogenhausen Munich offers the full range of services in the areas of its competence. The department admits both adults and children for treatment. The focus is on plastic and reconstructive surgery for injuries, burns, removal of tumors and congenital malformations. The department's doctors are distinguished by their vast experience in the field of care for patients with severe burns, as well as in the surgical treatment of hand injuries and diseases, as well as in the correction of maxillofacial malformations. In addition, the department's surgeons perform plastic surgery without clinical indications, if the patient wishes to improve his appearance. The department's plastic surgeons have a perfect command in modern surgical techniques and always strive to achieve an optimal aesthetic result. At the same time, the specialists strive to achieve the most natural result of plastic surgery. The medical facility annually treats more than 1,300 patients, including those from foreign countries. The department has an impeccable reputation in the region and throughout Germany, so the patients can be sure that they trust their health to real professionals in their field. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Milomir Ninkovic.
In the field of aesthetic plastic surgery, the department performs surgery to correct the shape of the breasts, as well as surgery on the face and body. Prior to the intervention, the patient tells the plastic surgeon what exactly he does not like and shares his expectations regarding the outcome of the plastic correction. The surgeons use the very latest computer systems to make an accurate model of the predicted result of the surgical procedure in various projections. If the patient is satisfied with the images of his new appearance modeled by a computer program, then an operation is scheduled. In some cases, operations can be performed on an outpatient basis. The department mostly uses sparing laparoscopic techniques, thanks to which the patient can quickly recover from surgery. In addition, such interventions leave almost no scars, which contributes to an excellent aesthetic result. The most popular aesthetic plastic surgeries include breast augmentation, reduction and lift, facelift, blepharoplasty, rhinoplasty otoplasty (ear correction is most often performed in children), complex reconstructive facial surgeries after skin tumor resection and scar revision.
The specialists in the field of reconstructive surgery perform operations to restore the damaged parts of the body due to injury, tumor, inflammation, etc. The main concern is functional recovery. For example, in case of facial paralysis, the purpose of the surgical procedure is to restore the facial expressions of the affected area. However, the aesthetic aspect is also taken into account.
The patients with hand injuries and diseases require surgical correction. It is worth noting that due to the anatomical structure of the bones of the hand, the interventions in this area are especially complex and require high professionalism from the surgeon. The department's specialists who admit patients from different parts of the world with clinical cases of varying severity are proud of their outstanding success in this area. The department's surgeons manage to achieve excellent results even with extremely complex toe to hand transplantation procedures or with a total hand reconstruction. About 70% of hand surgeries are performed on an outpatient basis and under local anesthesia. The department cooperates with qualified physiotherapists, occupational therapists and massage therapists who perform therapeutic procedures to restore the functionality of the hand.
The range of services provided by the department is complemented by surgical interventions to correct malformations of the skull and face in children under the age of 14. The department successfully uses classical surgical techniques and innovative developments, many of which are original techniques of the department's surgeons. Prior to planning the surgical procedure, the doctors of the department in cooperation with radiologists carry out the comprehensive diagnostics, including ultrasound, MRI and CT. After the operation, the child will have to undergo regular follow-up diagnostic examinations. The most common malformations in the department's clinical practice are craniosynostosis, sagittal synostosis, coronal synostosis, frontosphenoidal synostosis and craniofacial malformations.
The main clinical focuses of the department include:
- Aesthetic plastic surgery
- Fascial surgery
- Face lift
- Treatment of wrinkles with botox and filler injections
- Otoplasty (most commonly in children)
- Complex reconstructive facial surgery
- Scar revision and correction of skin pigmentation disorders
- Body surgery
- Breast augmentation
- Breast reduction
- Breast lift
- Scar revision
- Fascial surgery
- Reconstructive plastic surgery
- Reconstructive breast surgery
- Reconstructive surgery after tumor removal (including bone sarcomas) and accidents
- Reconstructive surgery with tissue grafting, including bone grafting
- Reconstructive surgery for facial paralysis
- Reconstructive surgery for injuries of the nerve plexuses of the hand
- Skin and muscle tissue grafting
- Reconstruction of the scalp with expanders
- Reconstructive penile surgery (for example, after accidents, tumor removal)
- Reconstructive tracheal surgery
- Reconstructive surgery on the anterior abdominal wall
- Reconstructive bladder surgery for urination disorders
- Reconstructive surgery for malformations of the skull and face in children (for example, for craniostenosis, cleft face, Treacher Collins-Franceschetti syndrome, Apert syndrome, Pfeiffer syndrome, Cruson syndrome, etc.)
- Hand surgery
- Treatment of hand fractures and injuries
- Correction of congenital malformations of the hand
- Treatment of nerve compression syndromes
- Treatment of wrist and finger arthrosis
- Treatment of burn injuries on the hands
- Treatment of malignant hand tumors
- Toe to hand transplantation
- Aesthetic hand surgery
- Surgery for rheumatic hand injuries
- Treatment of Dupuytren's contracture
- Burn surgery
- Treatment of burns with fire, steam and chemicals in adults and children, including skin grafts
- Other medical services
Higher Education and Professional Сareer
- 1976 - 1982 Study of Medicine at the University of Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- March 1982 Doctoral thesis defense, University of Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- 1987 - 1990 Postgraduate training in reconstructive surgery, University of Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- 03.1982 - 04.1985 Resident, Department of Surgery, Sarajevo University Clinical Center, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- 04.1985 - 10.1989 Resident, Department of Reconstructive and Plastic Surgery, Sarajevo University Clinical Center, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- 01.1990 - 09.1992 Surgeon, Department of Reconstructive and Plastic Surgery, Sarajevo University Clinical Center.
- 09.1992 - 10.1995 Surgeon, Department of Reconstructive and Plastic Surgery, University Hospital of Innsbruck, Austria.
- 11.1995 - 11.2003 Assistant Professor in Reconstructive and Plastic Surgery, Leopold-Franzens University of Innsbruck, Austria.
- Since 01.11.2003 Head of the Department of Adult and Pediatric Plastic, Reconstructive Surgery, Hand Surgery, Burn Surgery at the Hospital Bogenhausen Munich.
- Since November 2004 Professor at the Technical University of Munich.
- 03.1982 - 04.1985 Resident, Department of General Surgery, University Clinical Center Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- 04.1985 - 03.1986 Internship in Microsurgery, University Clinical Center Ljubljana, Slovenia.
- 04.1986 - 04.1989 Resident, Department of Reconstructive and Plastic Surgery, University Clinical Center Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- 1988 Resident in Plastic Surgery and Burn Surgery (3 months), University Clinical Center Ljubljana, Slovenia.
- 1996 Internship (2 months), International Institute of Craniofacial Surgery, Cleft Lip and Palate Center, Dallas, USA.
- July 1996 University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Department of Plastic Surgery.
- 1998 International Fellowship, Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation (PSEF) of the American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons (ASPRS).
- 08.03.1982 Doctorate in Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- 26.04.1989 Board Certification in Reconstructive and Plastic Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, University of Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- 11.08.1992 PhD, Faculty of Medicine, University of Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- 30.11.1995 Associate Professor in Reconstructive and Plastic Surgery, Leopold-Franzens University of Innsbruck, Austria.
- November 2004 Professor for Reconstructive and Plastic Surgery, Technical University of Munich.
Clinical and Research Interests
- Reconstructive microsurgery.
- Aesthetic plastic surgery.
- Breast plastic surgery.
- Hand surgery.
- Plastic craniofacial surgery.
Prizes, Awards and Other Honors
- 1997 Theodor Billroth Prize of the Austrian Society of Surgery.
- May 1997 Award "For the Best Work at the 8th Annual Meeting of the European Association of Plastic Surgeons (EURAPS)", Amsterdam.
- 1998 PSEF International Fellow, American Society of Plastic Surgery.
- 1998 Research Prize, Leopold-Franzens University of Innsbruck, Austria.
- 2003 Godina Traveling Grant, American Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery.
Memberships in Professional Societies
- Austrian Society of Surgery.
- Austrian Society for Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery.
- European Association of Plastic Surgeons (EURAPS).
- International Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery.
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
- German-speaking Working Group on Peripheral Nerve and Vascular Microsurgery (DAM).
- American Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery (ASRM).
- Union of Swiss Surgical Societies.
- German Society of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (DGPRÄC).
Photo of the doctor: (c) München Klinik Bogenhausen
Department of Adult and Pediatric Plastic, Reconstructive Surgery, Hand Surgery, Burn Surgery.
Hospital Bogenhausen Munich:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.