Hospital Waldbrol Oberberg
Department of Otolaryngology, Plastic Surgery, Facial Surgery (286094)
Specialized in: otolaryngology, plastic surgery, facial surgery
About the department
The chief physician of the Department of Otolaryngology at the District Hospital of Waldbröl is Dr. med. Kai-Achim Scheuten, specialist in otolaryngology, plastic surgery, facial surgery.
The Department of Otolaryngology provides conservative and surgical treatment of all diseases of ear (including hearing improvement), nose, paranasal sinuses, larynx and neck. The surgery is performed on the outpatient basis. There are used the most advanced techniques: endoscopic, microscopic surgical techniques, sonographic imaging techniques with B-Image Doppler examination.
The Department provides medical care to both children and adults. The small patients with polyps and effusion in the tympanic cavity are treated here on the outpatient basis. The Department has the state-of-the-art equipment to eliminate early hearing disorders in newborns. Moreover, the specialists of the Department of Otolaryngology at the District Hospital of Waldbröl deal with diagnosis and treatment of all hearing and balance disorders, treat tinnitus by infusions, acupuncture and oxygen therapy.
In the field of plastic surgery and facial surgery the specialists of the Department of Otolaryngology at the District Hospital of Waldbröl under the direction of Dr. med. Kai-Achim Scheuten perform surgery to correct nose, ear and eyelids. Furthermore, there is offered treatment of wrinkles with the use of face lift or Botox and collagen. There is also performed breast and abdominal correction as well as removal of skin tumors on all areas of body with the elimination of defects (e.g. bedsores) by means of flap surgery.
The range of services of the Department of Otolaryngology at the District Hospital of Waldbröl under the direction of Dr. med. Kai-Achim Scheuten includes, i.a.:
- Diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic diseases in the field of otolaryngology
- Diagnosis of dizziness
- Diagnosis and treatment of allergic diseases
- Endoscopy of the throat, larynx, nose and ears
- General and special diagnosis of hearing and tinnitus
- Diagnosis of smell and taste disorders
- Outpatient and inpatient diseases/plastic surgery
Moreover, there are offered numerous additional services, such as naturopathy, the latest diagnosis and preventive examinations:
- Cancer screening (endoscopic examination of the nose, throat, larynx for an early detection of malignancies in the risk groups, e.g. smokers)
- Diagnosis of snoring (at rhonchopathy, snoring and symptoms of sleep apnea), surgery (modern laser and radiofrequency therapy), if necessary
- Audio-check: early diagnosis of hearing loss in newborns/infants with the use of certain optoacoustic emissions
- Brainstem evoked response audiometry (BERA): a modern method for objective evaluation of hearing
- Allergy diagnosis of healthy patients
- Improvement of blood supply by means of vasoactive drugs
- Infusion therapy for hearing reduction
- Infusion therapy for dizziness
- Prevention of apoplectic shock: color Doppler sonography (ultrasound) of the main arteries of the head
Department of Otolaryngology, Plastic Surgery, Facial Surgery.
Hospital Waldbrol Oberberg:
Request more information now.
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
Thank you for your confidence in the Booking Health portal.
A medical consultant will contact you and answer all your questions in the near future.
you will receive a reply shortly Home