Hospital Waldbrol Oberberg
Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology, Facial Plastic Surgery (286094)
Specialized in: adult and pediatric otolaryngology, plastic facial surgery
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology, Facial Plastic Surgery at the Hospital Waldbrol Oberberg offers the full range of diagnostics and treatment of ENT diseases. The specialization also includes facial plastic surgery, including the treatment of wrinkles, eyelid and nasal plastic surgery, scar revision, removal of birthmarks and skin tumors. The department has all the necessary equipment, excellent infrastructure and highly qualified doctors who do their best to restore the health of their patients. The department is headed by Dr. med. Kai-Achim Scheuten.
The department's otolaryngologists provide both conservative and surgical treatment of all diseases of the ear, nose, sinuses, larynx and neck. In most cases, surgical treatment can be performed on an outpatient basis. The very latest surgical techniques are used during operations, including endoscopic and microscopic techniques.
Particular attention is also paid to the diagnostics and treatment of ENT diseases in children. The young patients with polyps and otitis can be treated outpatiently. To treat newborns, the department has the very latest technology, thanks to which the doctors can early detect hearing loss. In addition, the department's specialists treat all hearing and balance disorders, including tinnitus using infusion therapy, acupuncture and oxygen therapy.
The competence of plastic surgeons includes operations for nose and auricle reshaping, eyelid plastic surgery. They use the cutting-edge surgical techniques for scar revision after injuries, burns, operations. In most cases, the scars can be completely removed. The department also deals with the treatment of wrinkles by means of skin lifting, Botox and collagen injections.
The department's range of medical services includes:
- Diagnostics and treatment of all acute and chronic ENT diseases
- Individual selection and monitoring of hearing aids
- Diagnostics and treatment of dizziness
- Diagnostics and treatment of allergic reactions
- Endoscopic procedures for the diagnostics and treatment of pathologies of the pharynx, larynx, nose and ears
- Ultrasound diagnostics of ENT organs
- General and special hearing diagnostics, including tinnitus diagnostics
- Diagnostics of smell and taste disorders
- Surgical treatment of ENT diseases on an inpatient and outpatient basis
- Facial plastic surgery
- Nose reshaping (rhinoplasty)
- Auricle reshaping (otoplasty)
- Eyelid plastic surgery (blepharoplasty)
- Ptosis repair
- Entropion and ectropion correction
- Treatment of barley, papillomas, xanthelasma
- Treatment of wrinkles
- Mini facelift
- Hyaluronic acid injections
- Botulinum toxin injections
- Scar revision
- Removal of birthmarks
- Removal of facial skin neoplasms
- Additional medical services
- Cancer screening (endoscopic examination of the nose, throat and larynx for the early detection of malignant diseases in people at high risk, for example, smokers)
- Snoring diagnostics (in rhonchopathy, symptoms of snoring and suspected obstructive sleep apnea), surgical treatment (modern laser and radiofrequency surgery)
- Hearing tests (early detection of hearing loss in newborns and infants) by means of otoacoustic emission determination
- Brainstem evoked response audiometry (BERA)
- Allergological diagnostics in healthy people
- Blood circulation improvement by means of vasoactive drugs
- Infusion therapy for sudden hearing loss
- Infusion therapy for dizziness
- Stroke prevention (color Doppler ultrasonography of the cerebral arteries)
- Other services
Photo of the doctor: (c) Klinikum Oberberg GmbH
Department of Adult and Pediatric Otolaryngology, Facial Plastic Surgery.
Hospital Waldbrol Oberberg:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.