University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich
Department of Cardiac Surgery (109399)
Specialized in: cardiac surgery
About the department
According to the Focus magazine, the Department of Cardiac Surgery at the University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich ranks among the top departments in Germany in the area of its specialization!
The department offers the full range of services in the field of diagnostics and treatment of heart diseases. It performs more than 2,500 operations every year, including minimally invasive ones. The highly qualified team of doctors and nursing staff, whose main task is to provide optimal treatment based on the very latest achievements of modern medicine, take care of the patients. Close cooperation with other departments of the hospital allows performing interdisciplinary, comprehensive treatment taking into account all the personal needs of the patients. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Christian Hagl.
The service range of the department includes:
- Diagnostics and surgical treatment of coronary heart disease
- Medical history analysis
- General medical examination
- Stress ECG
- Conventional ECG
- Coronary angiography
- Myocardial scintigraphy
- Positron emission tomography (PET)
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Standard coronary artery bypass grafting
- Coronary artery stenting (percutaneous coronary intervention)
- Coronary artery bypass grafting without using a heart-lung machine
- Minimally invasive coronary artery bypass grafting
- Implantation of the left ventricular auxiliary device Jarvik 2000
- Intra-aortic balloon counterpulsation
- Diagnostics and surgical treatment of the heart valve diseases
- Aortic valve diseases
- Clinical examination
- Thoracic X-ray
- Echocardiography with color doppler
- Heart catheter examination with coronary angiography
- Reconstructive aortic valve surgery
- Aortic root correction
- Aortic valve replacement (mechanical and biological prostheses)
- Aortic valve implantation through a catheter
- Mitral valve diseases
- Surgical interventions in mitral stenosis
- Surgical interventions in mitral valve insufficiency
- Aortic valve diseases
- Diagnostics and surgical treatment of the type A and B aortic dissection (according to the Stanford classification)
- Diagnostics and surgical treatment of cardiac arrhythmias
- Pacemaker implantation
- Cardiac resynchronization therapy
- Cardioverter-defibrillator implantation
- Event recorder implantation
- Care for patients with previously implanted pacemakers and defibrillators
- Heart transplantation
- Combined heart and lung transplantation
- Other diseases and treatment methods
Prof. Christian Hagl studied medicine and defended his doctoral thesis at the Heidelberg University. His clinical training began in 1995 in the Department of Cardiac Surgery at the University Hospital Kiel. One year later, he began his work at the Hannover Medical School, where he underwent professional training at one of the largest Transplant Centers in Europe. After a two-year research internship at the School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, he returned to Germany and was habilitated at the Hannover Medical School. In 2004, Prof. Hagl was appointed as a Senior Physician, and since January 2009 as a Leading Senior Physician in the Department of Cardiothoracic and Transplant Surgery at the Hannover Medical School. In 2010 he received the title of the Extraordinary Professor.
Since 2006 till 2008, he was a Board Member of the German Society of Cardiothoracic Surgery (special focus on the structured training of young surgical staff). Prof. Hagl is a member of numerous scientific societies and commissions, as well as a scientific reviewer of the Zeitschrift für Herz-, Thorax- und Gefäßchirurgie.
October 1, 2011, Prof. Dr. med. Christian Hagl was appointed the Head of the Department of Cardiac Surgery at the University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
Department of Cardiac Surgery.
University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich:
We will be happy to answer all your questions.
thanks for your request.
Within 1 working day, a medical advisor will study your request and contact you by phone (German or your local number will be displayed).
This call is free for you.