University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich
Department of Cardiology (113761)
Specialized in: cardiology
According to the Focus magazine, the Department of Cardiology at the University Hospital of the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich ranks among the top German departments specializing in the treatment of cardiovascular diseases!
The department offers the full range of diagnostic and therapeutic services in cardiology. Thanks to the long clinical experience, excellent technical equipment and close cooperation with other specialized clinics, the doctors of the department offer patients the comprehensive treatment meeting their individual needs and wishes. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Steffen Massberg.
The medical team of the department makes every effort to make the patient feel as comfortable as possible during the hospitalization. The highly accurate diagnostic methods and effective therapeutic interventions, which meet both national and international standards, are used in the clinical practice. The main focus is on therapy and counseling in common cardiac pathologies, such as coronary heart disease, heart valve diseases, heart failure, and cardiac rhythm disturbances (arrhythmias).
The range of medical services of the department includes:
- Optical coherence tomography (the innovative examination method of the coronary artery wall)
- Pacemaker implantation
- Defibrillator implantation
- Cardiac resynchronization therapy
- Event recorder implantation
- Consultations after the implantation of blood circulatory systems (for example, in the case of complications, infections)
- Catheter reconstruction of the mitral valve in the case of its insufficiency with the help of MitraClip method
- Renal artery denervation to reduce the risk of cardiovascular accidents, such as heart attack and stroke, in case of arterial hypertension
- Diagnostics and treatment of heart rhythm problems (arrhythmias)
- 24 hour ECG monitoring
- Electrophysiological examinations
- Catheter ablation
- Transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI)
- Emergency medical care for patients with cardiological diseases
- Patient care before and after heart transplantation
- Other diagnostic and therapeutic options
- Munich, Germany