If not detected in the advanced stage, most malignant tumors can be successfully treated. Nonetheless, to treat such diseases, doctors often use methods that can worsen the patient's state of health, his ability to work and violate certain functions. The body is damaged not only due to surgery, irradiation with a Gamma Knife or chemotherapy, but also due to the neoplasm itself, especially if it grows into the structures of the central nervous system or vital organs.
Therefore, the patient requires recovery after treatment, especially a surgical one. One can undergo rehabilitation in the German hospitals. The modern medical centers offer the most effective methods and procedures for postoperative patient rehabilitation, rehabilitation after chemotherapy and irradiation of malignancies.
The rehabilitation procedures at different stages of recovery have different goals. Early postoperative rehabilitation is aimed at relieving the patient's symptoms, speeding up his activation, normal healing of wounds and preventing complications. If in the postoperative period the patient has to lie for a long time, it is important to prevent bedsores and congestion in the lungs.
After the completion of the early phase, further rehabilitation measures can pursue completely different goals, since different patients suffer from different diseases and are treated by means of various methods. Here are the possible directions of the rehabilitation process:
- restoration of the patient’s working capacity;
- acquisition or preservation of the ability to self-service;
- normalization of motor functions;
- restoration or compensation of the functions of internal organs (digestion, reproductive function, urine excretion, etc.);
- improvement of the patient's psycho-emotional state, elimination of depression, his integration into society;
- reduction of symptoms and fight against the consequences of treatment (limb swelling, thrombosis, impaired joint mobility, etc.).
Thus, any oncological rehabilitation program aims to improve the patient’s quality of life after surgery and chemotherapy in case of cancer, as well as make life easier for his relatives who provide care.
The doctors use a variety of methods and procedures to recover patients. There are used not only medical measures, but also psychotherapeutic, pedagogical ones. Some functions can not be restored, so the patients learn to live in new conditions.
German hospitals provide each patient with high-quality postoperative care. The early phase of rehabilitation can be completed in the same hospital where surgical or other treatment was performed. However, the further recovery should take place in the special rehabilitation centers. Here are some of the procedures and methods used:
- therapeutic exercises;
- administration of medicines to eliminate persistent symptoms;
- speech therapy;
- lymphatic drainage.
The patients undergo training on the use of orthopedic appliances, care of colostomy or urostomy, use urine and colostomy bag. They also undergo social rehabilitation.
Where can patients undergo rehabilitation?
The Booking Health company can arrange your diagnostics, treatment and rehabilitation in the most reputable German hospitals specializing in the rehabilitation of cancer patients. After a course of chemotherapy or surgical treatment, you can go to one of these centers:
Max Grundig Clinic Buehl. The rehabilitation is provided in the Department of Oncology and Hematology. The patients are provided with a decent level of comfort comparable to a stay in a luxury hotel. The department carries out the so-called "posttraumatic therapy", which implies treatment aimed at eliminating the consequences of treatment.
MEDIAN Rehabilitation Clinic Bad Berka. The clinic provides both inpatient and post-hospital rehabilitation. It has two departments. The cancer patients undergo rehabilitation in the Department of Oncology, Gynecology and Urology.
MEDIAN Rehabilitation Clinic Kalbe. The doctors develop an individual recovery plan for the patient. The clinic has sufficient technical equipment to carry out the most effective rehabilitation procedures. Medical rehabilitation is almost always complemented by psychotherapy.
Organization of treatment abroad
The Booking Health company can arrange your rehabilitation in the best German hospitals. We will provide affordable cost and the possibility of rehabilitation in the early postoperative period. In the future, you can go to the rehabilitation center to recover from surgery or a Gamma knife, radiation or chemotherapy. Our services and benefits include:
- Selection of the best German hospital, which will help you recover from the treatment of any stage of cancer, relieve the main symptoms and return to your professional activities.
- Reduced cost of rehabilitation due to the lack of coefficients for foreign patients.
- Establishment of communication with the attending physician.
- Control of the program at all stages of recovery after surgery, radiation or chemotherapy.
- The cost of services will not increase. If you need additional procedures due to unforeseen circumstances, their cost will be covered by the insurance company.
- Control of the cost of all procedures and return of unspent funds.
- Preparation of the program without repeating the previously performed diagnostics, which will save your time and reduce the total cost of medical services.
- Assistance in buying and forwarding medicines that will be required to continue recovery after the program completion or eliminate symptoms.
- Organization of additional treatment (radiation, Gamma Knife, etc.), diagnostics or rehabilitation measures.
The Booking Health company makes your rehabilitation more efficient, reduces the cost of services and helps you organize a trip abroad. We will book a hotel and airline tickets for you, provide interpreting services, meet you at the airport and take you to the rehabilitation center.