Dr. med. Jean-Denis PatetCurriculum vitae keyboard_arrow_down
Date of Birth: 22.01.1952
Spoken languages: French, English
Specialties and consultation
- Spinal surgery (cervical, thoracic, and lumbar, for all types of pathologies: malformations, tumoral,
- degenerative, vascular and traumatic).
- Arthrodesis surgeries of spine (either by posterior than by anterior approach, translateral or
- retroperitoneal). Sometimes in case of complex surgery, combining approach with intersomatic
- grafting and pedicular osteosynthesis.
- Minimal invasive surgery
- Percutaneous treatment using laser and percutaneous discectomy with neuronavigation.
- Radiofrequency is used in case of posterior facet arthrosis, performing thermocoagulation or
- Vertobroplasty, or kyphoplasty by percutaneous approach using 3D neuronavigation, is a common
- procedure in case of trauma or metastasis, or osteopenic vertebra.
- Former House Surgeon of Lyon’s Hospital in 1977.
- Senior registrar in 1982.
- Director’s Assistant for the Pediatric Neurosurgery Department from 1982 to1989.
- Head of a Neurosurgery Department in a private hospital since 1989.
- Head of the Spine Center in Clinique de Clinic in Switzerland, since 2005.
- Education and affiliations
Education and Affiliations
- Doctor of Medicine, Thesis passed in Lyon, FRANCE, 1982.
- Neurosurgeon qualified since 1985.
- Graduated in medical expertise since 2000.
- Member of the Helvetic Medical Federation since 2005.
- Permanent member of the French Society of Neurosurgery since 1982.
- Permanent member of the French Language Society of Neurosurgery since 1982.
- Permanent member of the European Society of Paediatric Neurosurgery (ESPN) since 1984.
- Permanent member of the International Society of Paediatric Society (ISPN) since 1985.
- Permanent member of the European Society of Neurosurgery since 1985.
- Permanent member of the World Society of Neurosurgery since 1985.
- Date of entry and Position