Orthopedic services require highly professional physicians and well-equipped hospitals. It is quite difficult to treat musculoskeletal diseases using conservative methods. To fully restore mobility and working capacity, the patients often require orthopedic surgery and long-term rehabilitation. You can undergo treatment in the best hospitals in the world in order to get a good result and avoid complications.
What cases may require the help of foreign doctors?
The musculoskeletal diseases cause chronic pain, limit human activities, significantly reduce the quality of life. They are prone to progression and their treatment is very difficult. There are no pills, which could recover the joints, bones or spine.
The orthopedic diseases are often treated using surgical techniques. Orthopedic surgery is well developed abroad. The patients mostly contact the physician in Germany, Israel or other developed countries to receive orthopedic services in the following fields:
- sports injuries (meniscal injuries, knee cruciate ligament tears, common shoulder dislocation, and others);
- knee and hip arthrosis, which in advanced stage requires an artificial endoprosthesis implantation;
- complex injuries and their consequences;
- congenital abnormalities of the musculoskeletal system in children;
- spinal deformities, including scoliosis;
- aseptic bone necrosis;
- osteoporosis and pathological bone fractures;
- bone tumors;
- orthopedic foot disorders (hallux valgus, hammer toes, flat feet).
People mostly go abroad in the cases when they need the high-tech medical care or want to undergo a comprehensive rehabilitation after various diseases, injuries or surgeries.
Why is it better to undergo treatment abroad?
Despite of the fact that patients can also find orthopedists, undergo surgery and conservative treatment in their home country, many of them still prefer to undergo treatment abroad. So, what is the reason?
The fact is that orthopedics is a high-tech medical field. It requires a good medical equipment and physician’s professionalism. The imaging of bone and cartilage structures, ligaments and tendons requires the high-precision diagnostics.
The benefits of treatment abroad are the following:
- The surgeons perform modern surgical procedures to replace joints through minimal incisions. It reduces the rehabilitation period, postoperative pain, risk of complications (blood loss, wound infection).
- The joints are replaced only with the modern endoprostheses, which serve for decades. In most patients, they provide full motion loads and do not wear out until the end of life.
- The surgeons use the very latest chondrocyte culture (cartilage cells) surgeries and transplantation of the cartilage grown in the laboratory. It is an expensive, but effective method for the restoration of the articular surfaces. It is used only in a small number of hospitals in Germany, Switzerland and other developed countries.
- The preference is always given to minimally invasive operations. They are more sparing, better tolerated by the patient. A camera with lighting and manipulators is inserted inside the joint. With their help, the physician performs the necessary procedures.
The operations abroad are more effective and safer. Every patient is provided with a comprehensive care. After the surgery, one can undergo rehabilitation, which will help a person to recover faster and return to an active lifestyle.
Orthopedics is the field of medicine that deals with musculoskeletal diseases.
There are pathologies of bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, and muscles.
Treatment includes conservative measures, physical therapy, open and arthroscopic surgeries.
Cost of scoliosis surgery starts from €43,975. You can find other prices on the Booking Health website.
The best hospitals in Europe are:
- University Hospital Rechts der Isar Munich
- HELIOS Clinic Krefeld
- Hospital Neuwerk Moenchengladbach
- University Hospital Frankfurt-am-Main
- University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich
In which hospitals can patients undergo treatment?
The Booking Health company can provide you with a treatment and rehabilitation in the world's best hospitals. Here are a few options:
Hospital Neuwerk Maria von den Aposteln, Moenchengladbach (Germany). The physicians of the Department of Orthopedics perform minimally invasive arthroscopic operations. They widely use conservative treatment methods, including physiotherapy. The department also practices an early activation of a patient after joint replacement surgery.
Medipol Mega University Hospital, Istanbul (Turkey). The Department of Orthopedics and Traumatology specializes in joint surgeries, including the most complex ones to treat degenerative diseases, injuries and their consequences. The doctors carry out the surgical interventions in patients with congenital anomalies of the joint structure. The children are also provided with orthopedic surgery. If possible, the department uses minimally invasive surgeries with a short recovery period. It also performs knee and hip replacement surgeries.
Rambam Health Care Campus, Haifa (Israel). The doctors of the Department of Orthopedic Surgery have vast experience in joint surgery. They specialize in sports medicine, traumatology, endoprosthetics, oncology. The hospital has earned international recognition. It provides versatile orthopedic services. The treatment involves the use of conservative methods. The minimally invasive surgeries are often used as well. The spectrum also includes Joint replacement with artificial endoprostheses.
If you want to receive a medical treatment abroad, you no longer need to look for a hospital on your own, contact it, deal with various administrative issues, overcome the language barrier, prepare medical records, etc. All these are the responsibilities of the employees of the Booking Health company. We will fully arrange your a trip for a medical treatment abroad. You will receive orthopedic care in one of the best hospitals in Israel, Germany, Turkey or other countries.
When cooperating with Booking Health, you will receive the following benefits:
- Selection of the best hospital based on your symptoms or diagnosis. We will choose for you the medical facility, the doctors of which specialize in specific problems.
- Establishment of communication directly with your attending physician.
- Preparation of the treatment program, which will not repeat the previous examinations.
- The cost of treatment program is reduced to 50% due to the lack of coefficients for foreign patients.
- Booking the appointment on the convenient date for you.
- Monitoring of the diagnostic and treatment program at all their stages.
- Full control of invoices and return of unspent funds upon the treatment program completion.
- Communication with the hospital after treatment completion.
- Buying and forwarding of medicines.
- Organization of additional examinations.
Our services include the help with the preparation of documents, booking of hotel and airline tickets, interpreting services. Our employee will meet you at the airport and take you to the hospital where you will undergo treatment.