IVF is no longer a rarity today. About 1% of all children in the world are born as a result of in vitro fertilization. IVF is carried out in all countries, even in countries with poorly developed medicine. However, it has different results and risks to the women’s health. Therefore, many people tend to go abroad to undergo infertility treatment. The best hospitals in the world have a high percentage of pregnancies, a high live birth rate, and a low risk of complications.
What is the procedure of in vitro fertilization?
IVF requires several stages. Below you will find a description of the standard scheme of this procedure. Nonetheless, it can vary significantly, depending on the clinical case.
- Superovulation stimulation. A woman is prescribed hormonal drugs. Her ovaries usually have only one mature egg during the menstrual cycle, but now she will have a lot of them.
- Follicular puncture. The oocytes ripen 1-2 weeks later. It is time to "harvest". The doctor carries out the follicular puncture, i.e. he takes the oocytes directly from the ovaries.
- Oocyte fertilization. For this purpose, the doctors mostly use husband's sperm. If a single woman undergoes IVF, she can buy donor sperm. The eggs are usually mixed with sperm and they are fertilized themselves. However, sometimes it happens that the amount of oocytes is too small or sperm has a poor quality. In this case, each sperm cell is injected into the egg cell "manually" using special miniature tools. As a result, the eggs and sperm become connected, begin to divide and form embryos.
- Embryo culture. It is carried out on a growth medium. The doctors abroad use high-quality media, which ensure good survival of embryos up to 5-6 days. Thus, the doctor can choose the optimal day for transfer.
- Embryo transfer. It is mainly carried out on 3-5 day. One or two embryos are transferred to the female uterus.
At this stage, the procedure is completed. 2 weeks later, the woman takes a hCG blood test, after which it becomes clear whether she is pregnant or not. If the pregnancy does not occur, the IVF procedure is repeated again. Its effectiveness varies considerably in different hospitals. In some medical facilities, the success rate is only about 30%, while in others, the chances of getting pregnant reach 60% after one IVF attempt.
A child conceived in vitro is not different from any others. His development is the same in the uterus of the woman. The only difference is that the male and female cells are connected not in the fallopian tube as it happens in nature, but in the conditions of the embryology laboratory.
Why is it better to undergo the procedure abroad?
IVF is a complex, multi-step procedure. It requires high experience and qualification of fertility specialists and embryologists, high-quality consumables and equipment, as well as a well-equipped embryology laboratory. Different hospitals carry out IVF in a different manner. The chance of getting pregnant and the risk of complications depend on where in vitro fertilization is performed.
Here are some fact that confirm that IVF should be carried out abroad in the best hospitals:
- The patients are carefully examined to determine the best way to overcome infertility in each case, the superovulation stimulation scheme, the necessary additional assisted reproductive technologies (auxiliary hatching, PGD, PICSI, etc.).
- The individual selection of a stimulation scheme allows to minimize the risk of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome, and at the same time to obtain a maximum number of mature eggs.
- All procedures are as comfortable as possible for a woman. The painful stages of IVF, such as follicular puncture are performed under general anesthesia.
- The doctors of the best reproductive clinics do not strive to complete every IVF protocol by any means. If the ultrasound and laboratory tests show that the chance of getting pregnant is low in the current cycle, the embryos will be frozen and transferred in the next cycle.
- A wide range of additional reproductive technologies allows the patient to achieve pregnancy even in the most hopeless cases.
- Thanks to the modern drugs, including recombinant hormones, it is possible to get mature eggs even in older women with a poor ovarian reserve.
The Booking Health company can arrange for you the treatment of infertility abroad, in the best European or Israeli hospitals. The hospitals in these countries demonstrate high live birth rate after IVF procedure. In the countries with advanced medicine, your pregnancy is carefully monitored after embryo transfer in order to minimize the risk of spontaneous abortion.
Treatment organization abroad
If you wish to undergo infertility treatment abroad using in vitro fertilization, the Booking Health company is ready to arrange this trip for you. We are the leaders in the field of medical tourism, so the cooperation with us provides you with the following benefits:
- Selection of the best hospital, which has the highest percentage of successful IVF protocols with minimal health risks.
- The cost of treatment is reduced, as we will agree on the lack of coefficients and overpricing for foreign patients.
- Preparation of the treatment program, so you do not have to repeat previous examinations in Germany or Israel.
- Booking the appointment on the convenient dates for you, based on the desired time to get pregnant, menstrual cycle phase or work schedule.
- Monitoring of the medical program at all its stages, up to the successful in vitro fertilization.
- Control of invoices, which is very important, since the IVF program includes many procedures, and for each married couple a set of necessary measures is prescribed individually.
- Return of unspent funds upon the IVF program completion.
- Communication with the hospital after treatment completion.
- Organization of additional diagnostic or therapeutic procedures.
- Help in buying and forwarding medicines.
The Booking Health company will provide you with the highest level of service. Our services include the help with the preparation of documents, booking of airline tickets and hotel, transfer from the airport to the hotel and back after the IVF program completion. The in vitro fertilization procedure takes up to 2 weeks. It does not require a permanent stay in the hospital, so you can relax during this trip or enjoy the tourist attractions in the country, which you have chosen for the treatment.