Surgical treatment of parkinsons disease by pallidotomy (program ID: 136875)
University Hospital Tuebingen
Marcos TatagibaSpecialized in: adult and pediatric neurosurgery
Department of Adult and Pediatric Neurosurgery
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- physical examination
- neurological and psychological status examination
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- biochemical analysis of blood
- brain EEG
- CT/MRI of head
- preoperative care
- pallidotomy (the destruction of internal globus pallidus)
- stay in intensive care unit for 1 day
- nursing services
- control examinations
- cost of essential medicines and materials
- nursing services
- full hospital accommodation
- explanation of future recommendations
You may also book
About the department
The Department of Adult and Pediatric Neurosurgery at the University Hospital Tuebingen offers the diagnostics and surgical treatment of all diseases of the nervous system. The department has the expert competence in the field of complex neurosurgical interventions and is one of the leading surgery centers for skull basis, pituitary, and peripheral nerve interventions. The department specializes in pediatric neurosurgery, vascular neurosurgery, surgery for the brain tumors and complex interventions on the spinal cord. The department is headed by an advanced surgeon with an impeccable reputation, Prof. Dr. med. Marcos Tatagiba.
One of the main focuses of the department is the diagnostics and treatment of all types of brain tumors. These include primary neuroepithelial brain tumors (diffuse gliomas, neuronal, and neuroglial tumors), cranial nerve tumors (for example, such nerve sheath tumors as vestibular schwannoma), brain meninges tumors (for example, meningiomas), lymphomas, germ cell tumors, as well as secondary tumors (metastases). The treatment regimen is determined depending on the histological type of the tumor, age of the patient, the neurological condition before the operation, and a number of other factors. The treatment is carried out in accordance with the current international requirements and protocols.
The department is the recognized Pediatric Neurosurgery Center. Often, the interdisciplinary collaboration is required for the successful treatment of pediatric neurosurgical pathologies. The advantage of the department is the proximity with the Pediatric Clinic and other specialized departments, which ensures prompt consultations from the necessary specialists and develops comprehensive treatment regimens. Pediatric neurosurgery deals with the surgical treatment of tumors, vascular malformations, infectious lesions (brain, spinal cord, and nerves), other malformations of the brain/spinal cord, spine, impaired cerebrospinal fluid circulation, epilepsy, etc. in children and adolescents under the age of 18.
The diagnostic and therapeutic range of the department includes:
- Diagnostics and surgical treatment of epilepsy
- Neuroepithelial primary brain tumors
- Diffuse gliomas
- Neuronal and neuroglial tumors
- Cranial nerve tumors (for example, vestibular schwannoma)
- Tumors of the brain meninges (for example, meningiomas)
- Germ cell tumors
- Tumors in the area of Turkish seat (sellar tumors)
- Secondary tumors (metastases)
- Neuroepithelial primary brain tumors
- Functional neurosurgery
- Diagnostics and treatment of pituitary diseases
- Diagnostics and treatment of hydrocephalus
- Pediatric neurosurgery
- CNS (brain/spinal cord) tumors
- Vascular malformations
- Infectious lesions
- Spinal cord malformations
- Brain malformations
- Peripheral nerve disorders
- Spastic syndrome treatment
- Acute brain injuries
- Other neurosurgical diseases in children
- Moyamoya disease
- Neurosurgical intensive care
- Diagnostics and treatment of peripheral nerve diseases
- Skull base surgery
- Pain therapy
- Vascular neurosurgery
- Spinal surgery
- Diagnostics and treatment of other neurosurgical diseases
- 1980 - 1985 Study of Medicine at Rio de Janeiro State University, Brazil.
- 1986 Fellowship at Institute for Pathology, Nordstadt Hospital, Hannover.
- 1987 - 1993 Residency Program in Neurosurgery (Department of Neurosurgery, Nordstadt Hospital, Hannover.
- 1992 Doctoral thesis defense at the Hannover Medical School.
- 1993 Board of Neurosurgery at the Medical Chamber of Lower Saxony, Germany.
- 1994 - 1997 Staff Member of the Department of Neurosurgery, Nordstadt Hospital, Hannover.
- 1995 Research Fellow at the Institute for Brain Research, University of Zurich.
- 01/98 - 09/02 Staff Member at the Department of Neurosurgery, Hannover Medical School.
- 1998 Postdoctoral Thesis at the Hannover Medical School.
- 10/00 - 09/02 Vice Director at the International Neuroscience Institute (INI) Hannover.
- 10/02 - 09/03 Vice Director, Department of Neurosurgery, University of Freiburg.
- 05/2003 Visiting Professor at the Wayne State University, School of Medicine, Department of Neurological Surgery and Children’s Hospital of Michigan, Detroit, MI (USA).
- 2003 Appointed as the Director and Chairman, Department of Neurosurgery, University of Tuebingen, Germany.
- 2006 Appointed as the Chairman and Director at the Department of Neurosurgery, University of Zurich.
- Since 2006, Local Director of the annual ATCHYN Program between the Brazilian Academy of Neurosurgery and the University of Tuebingen, Department of Neurosurgery.
Major Prizes and Honors
- 1997 Young Neurosurgeon Award, World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies.
- 2001 Aesculap/EANS Prize, European Association of Neurosurgical Societies.
- 2001 Academic Adviser of Jiangyin International Cooperative Neuro-Center, Southeast University School of Medicine, China.
- 2002 Prize of the Neurosurgical Research Foundation, German Society of Neurosurgery.
- 2003 Visiting Professor at the Wayne State University, School of Medicine, Department of Neurosurgery and Children’s Hospital of Michigan, Detroit, MI (USA).
- 2007 Innovationspreis Medizintechnik – Federal Ministry of Educationa and Science (BMBF), Germany.
- 2010 Visiting Professor, People’s Hospital, Affiliated Hospital of the University of Peking, Peoples Republic of China.
- 2013 Comenda Estrela Spica da Educacao e Cultura, Capitulo Norte da Academia Brasileira de Neurocirurgia.
- 2016 Keller Lecturer 2016, Department of Neurosurgery, University of Cincinnati, OH, USA.
Membership of Scientific and Medical Societies
- Member of the German Society of Neurosurgery (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Neurochirurgie).
- Member of the Congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS-USA).
- Member of the American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS-USA).
- Member (Titular) da Sociedade Brasileira de Neurocirurgia.
- Member of the Brazilian Academy of Neurosurgery.
- Honory Member of Centro de Estudos da Santa Casa de Misericordia de Belo Horizonte.
- Member of the German Society of Skull Base Surgery.
- Member of the Executive Committee of the German Skull Base Society, Treasurer.
- Member of the European Skull Base Society.
- Member of the German Academy of Neurosurgery (GANS).
- Member of the European Neurological Society.
- Member of the Academia Eurasiana.
- Past-President of the German Academy of Neurosurgery.
- Past-President, German Skull Base Society.
Accommodation in hospital
- Program [Description]
Surgical treatment of parkinsons disease by pallidotomy
- Hospital: University Hospital Tuebingen
- access_time Duration:
There are 45 parkinsons disease treatment hospitals on Booking Health websiteShow all clinics