Multimodality treatment of peritoneal carcinomatosis with cytoreductive surgery and HIPEC (program ID: 364086)
University Hospital Tuebingen
Alfred KönigsrainerSpecialized in: general, abdominal, adult and pediatric transplant surgery
Department of General, Abdominal, Adult and Pediatric Transplant Surgery
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- review of medical records
- physical examination
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- general urine analysis
- biochemical analysis of blood
- TSH-basal, fT3, fT4
- tumor markers
- inflammation indicators (CRP, ESR)
- indicators blood coagulation
- abdominal ultrasound
- CT/MRI or PET-CT examination of abdomen
- preoperative care
- cytoreductive surgery to remove visible tumors
within the abdomen and HIPEC
- histologically and immunohistochemically
examination of removed tissue
- symptomatic treatment
- cost of essential medicines
- nursing services
- stay in the hospital with a full board
- accommodation in a 2-bed room
- elaboration further recommendations
- Medical records
- MRI/CT scan (not older than 3 months)
- Biopsy results (if available)
You may also book
About the department
According to the Focus magazine, the Department of General, Abdominal, Adult and Pediatric Transplant Surgery ranks among the top German departments specializing in the treatment of bowel cancer!
The department specializes in the treatment of tumors of the gastrointestinal tract, pancreas, liver, and retroperitoneal space (peritoneal carcinomatosis), liver, kidney, pancreas, bowel transplantations in children and adults, as well as the surgical treatment of obesity and general surgical interventions. The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Alfred Königsrainer.
All surgical interventions are carried out in ultramodern operating rooms, equipped with the accurate equipment, computer systems, which allow to control the course of intervention. With appropriate clinical indications, the preference is given to minimally invasive interventions, which reduce blood loss, minimize the risk of the development of postoperative infections, as well as allow the patient to return to everyday life as soon as possible. Also, robotic surgery (daVinci surgical system) is widely used in the department.
The therapeutic service range of the department includes:
- General surgical interventions
- Surgical hernia treatment
- Functional surgery of the upper gastrointestinal tract (for example, treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease)
- Gallbladder removal
- Appendix removal
- Sigmoid colon removal (in diverticulosis and diverticulitis)
- Surgical interventions in intestinal obstruction
- Sigmoid colon removal (in diverticulosis and diverticulitis)
- Emergency surgery (for example, in injuries of the abdominal organs)
- Bowel and pelvic surgery
- Pelvic organ prolapse (for example, rectocele, intestinal invagination)
- Fecal incontinence
- Anal fistulas and their recurrence
- Anal fissures
- Pilonidal sinus, coccygeal fistula, coccygeal cyst
- Benign and malignant tumors and polyps
- Chronic inflammatory bowel disease (ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease)
- Liver and pancreatic surgery
- Removal of malignant liver tumors
- Extensive and combined resections
- Removal of liver segment
- Removal of malignant and benign neoplasms of the biliary tract
- Surgical treatment of chronic and acute pancreatic inflammatory processes
- Transplant surgery in adults and children
- Kidney transplantation
- Liver transplantation
- Pancreas transplantation
- Bowel transplantation
- Multivisceral transplantation
- Removal of tumors of the upper gastrointestinal tract (esophagus, stomach), liver, bile ducts
- Removal of retroperitoneal tumors
- Removal of small and large bowel tumors
- Removal of thyroid and adrenal tumors
- Removal of soft tissue tumors
- Bariatric surgery (surgical treatment of obesity)
- Endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty
- Sleeve gastroplasty (classical method)
- Omega Loop Bypass technique
- SADI-S surgical technique
- Gastric bypass surgery
- Biliopancreatic diversion
- Gastric banding
- Intragastric balloon installation
- Tummy tuck after quick weight loss
- Endocrine surgery
- Thyroid and parathyroid surgery
- Adrenal surgery
- Surgical treatment of neuroendocrine tumors
- Other medical services
- 01.12.1979 - 30.11.1980 Intern, Meran Regional Hospital, South Tyrol (Gynecology, General Surgery, Internal Medicine).
- 01.01.1981 - 30.06.1987 Training for the title of a Medical Specialist, Department of General, Vascular, Pediatric, Transplant Surgery, Surgical Endoscopy, University Hospital Innsbruck (Head: Prof. Dr. F. Gschnitzer).
- June 1987 Medical Specialist in Surgery.
- 01.10.1987 Senior Physician, Department of General, Vascular, Pediatric, Transplant Surgery, Surgical Endoscopy, University Hospital Innsbruck (Head: Prof. Dr. F. Gschnitzer).
- 09.12.1991 12/09/1991 Habilitation, General Surgery, Department of General, Vascular, Pediatric, Transplant Surgery, Surgical Endoscopy, University Hospital Innsbruck. Subject: "Experimental and clinical trials on immunological monitoring of pancreatic allografts".
- 31.03.04 Deputy Head of the Department of General and Transplant Surgery (Chief Physician: Prof. Dr. R. Margreiter), University Hospital Innsbruck.
- Head of the Department of General, Abdominal, Adult and Pediatric Transplant Surgery at the University Hospital Tuebingen.
- 09.12.1991 University Lecturer.
- May 1992 Assistant Professor.
- 01.10.1997 University Professor.
- April 1994 Istituto Scientifico "San Raffaele", Milan, Italy, Clinical and Experimental Islet Cell Transplantation (Director: Prof. G. Pozza).
- 01.07. - 31.12.1995 Bolzano, South Tyrol, Bolzano Regional Hospital, Head of the Department of General Surgery.
- January and February 1996 University Hospital Eppendorf, Department of General Surgery (Head: Prof. Dr. CE Brölsch), Hepatobiliary Surgery and Liver Transplantation.
- March 1996 Saint-Luc University Hospital, Brussels, Department of Pediatric Surgery and Transplantology (Head: Prof. Dr. JB Otte), Hepatobiliary Surgery and Liver Transplantation.
- April - June 1996 Hospital at the University College London (UK), Section of Liver Transplantation (Head: Prof. Dr. R. Williams Cons).
- Until 2004 Member of the Eurotransplant Pancreas Advisory Committee.
- Board Member of the European Liver Transplant Association (ELTA).
- Until 2004 Board Member of the Austrian Society for Transplantation.
- Member of the Advisory Council on Transplantation of the Austrian Federal institute for Health Care.
- Until 2004 Representative of the Tyrol Working Group on Oncology (cancer of the esophagus and cardiac stomach; tumors of the liver and biliary tract).
- Until 2005 Board Member of the AIDPIT.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Universitätsklinikum Tübingen
Accommodation in hospital
- Program [Description]
Multimodality treatment of peritoneal carcinomatosis with cytoreductive surgery and HIPEC
- Hospital: University Hospital Tuebingen
- access_time Duration:
There are 31 ovarian cancer treatment hospitals on Booking Health websiteShow all clinics