Best hospitals and doctors for hair transplant
It is now possible to go to Germany and other countries for treatment!
We issue urgent medical visas to enter Germany and other countries!
Please contact us! We know everything about the available flights around the world!
Cost for treatment
Department of Hair Transplantation
Department of Hair Transplantation
Department of Hair Transplantation
Department of Dermatology
Department of Hair Transplantation
Department for Hair Restoration and Transplantation
Hair transplant surgery is a highly effective and safe procedure that allows getting rid of alopecia (baldness) of various origins. Abroad, modern trichology has stepped far forward and today the problem of hair loss can be easily solved in both men and women. The use of innovative technologies and methods of transplantation gives a person hope for a full restoration of hair growth. The cost of hair transplant in foreign hospitals differs and depends on many factors. On average, the price varies from 400-500 USD to 3,500-4,000 USD.
Hair transplant abroad is performed with minimally invasive procedures, under the local anesthesia. Many years of practice allowed specialists to accumulate impressive experience in the field of hair transplantation, and most modern techniques are successfully used for the hair loss treatment by doctors in Turkey, Thailand, Poland and other foreign countries.
The latest equipment allows improving the quality of interventions and aesthetic results, there are no visible scars and sutures after transplantation. Due to the seamless methods of hair follicle transplantation, normal hair growth is restored after the procedure. New hair looks natural.
Hair transplant medical tourism is a rapidly developing area that gives people with hair loss problems the chance to improve their appearance, without pain and complications. Procedures on the scalp abroad are quick and efficient, e.g. 5,000 hair follicles can be transplanted during one session.
To find a suitable hospital, trust only the reliable companies. The managers of the medical portal Booking Health will help you choose the best option without overpayments.
Treatment abroad is a combination of painlessness and acceptable prices (the cost of hair transplant in Turkey or Thailand is much cheaper than in Germany or Switzerland).
Alopecia is a pathological process of hair loss that results in partial or complete baldness in certain areas of the head. Hair loss is a physiological process, usually between 50 and 100 hairs fall out per day.
If the hair loss exceeds normal, and less new hair begins to grow instead of the lost one, this leads to baldness and requires treatment.
In the foreign hospitals, the method of treatment for hair loss is selected individually, depending on the cause of hair loss, concomitant diseases, as well as the type of alopecia.
Male pattern baldness (androgenetic alopecia) is a common type of hair loss. In men, hair loss arises in the parietal and frontal parts of the head. In women, hair is usually thinning along the hair part and further along the sides.
Hair transplantation is indicated for the treatment of traction alopecia, when hair falls out as a result of mechanical damage, i.e. frequent wearing tight elastic bands. The procedure is also effective if the cause of baldness is a scalp wound or a scalp burn.
Hair transplantation is not performed for diffuse type of hair loss, which occurs against the background of stress, hormonal disorders, medication intake (e.g. antidepressants, psychotropic drugs or antibiotics), diets. After eliminating the cause of hair loss, hair growth is restored without additional interventions.
Hair transplantation is contraindicated in people with:
- Blood clotting disorders
- Diseases of the scalp
- Severe diseases of CVS, oncology
- Acute respiratory infections, elevated body temperature
Hair transplant procedure stages
Hair transplant surgery consists of several stages:
- Comprehensive diagnostics. Hair transplant surgery is a simple operation, but laboratory tests are required before the procedure.
- Treatment abroad includes a consultation with a transplant specialist. The doctor elaborates the best hair transplant scheme, determines the amount of the required grafts and the hair transplant method.
- Preparing for hair transplant surgery. Before the hair transplant procedure, preparation of the operating field is carried out, sedation is performed.
- Hair transplantation. Grafts that are harvested from donor areas (from the back of the head, in some cases – from the chest, arms and other parts of the body) are transplanted into the hair loss area. The duration of the hair transplant varies from 4 to 8 hours, depending on the method used. With a sutureless technique, the procedure lasts up to 10 hours, since transplantation of the hair follicles requires special skills and extremely high precision. Intensive hair loss leads to large bald areas formation. Usually, in such cases, two or three procedures of hair transplant are performed. At the end of the operation, a bandage is applied to the head. Restoration of the natural hair growth after the transplantation can be assessed in 3-4 months.
Modern hair transplant methods
Due to the advances in the treatment of hair loss, it is possible to restore the growth of strong hair fully in almost 100% of alopecia cases.
Most of the medical tourism sector in the field of trichology take the hair transplant procedures, as more than 60% of the world's population suffer from hair loss of various etiologies. Every year, foreign hospitals admit many patients who want to restore the beauty of their hair. In case of hair loss, modern technologies of hair transplantation that are used abroad ensure long-term results and minimal healing time after surgery.
Strip-method follicular unit transplant, FUT)
In case of hair loss, it is used rarely, as it is rather traumatic. However, with the help of this type of surgery it is possible to transplant up to 12,000 hair follicles (more than 5,000 grafts).
Donor material for hair transplant is harvested in the form of a skin flap taken from the occipital scalp region. Before transplanting, the skin flap is divided into grafts, which are implanted manually or using a special instrument – an implanter.
Grafts are transplanted into small, hand-made incisions that are prepared in advance. The survival rate of hair follicles using the Strip-method is up to 95%. The rehabilitation period lasts 10-14 days.
FUE method (follicular unit extraction)
The essence of the minimally invasive hair transplant procedure is harvesting hair follicles from the donor site and their subsequent transplantation without incisions and sutures. The procedure consists of the following stages:
- The first stage of hair transplant is harvesting grafts using the special surgical instrument – micropunch.
- In the scalp areas of hair loss, skin channels for hair transplant are formed.
- The transplantation of the prepared grafts is performed in a checkerboard pattern.
In hospitals abroad, the operation lasts about 7 hours. This is connected with the complexity of the hair transplant procedure, the need to be careful and precise when harvesting the donor material. The FUE hair transplant is used for transplantation of up to 3,000 grafts. The main advantage of the procedure is minimal trauma and impressive aesthetic effect. Hair density after such hair transplant reaches 80% of natural density. The cost of this hair loss treatment is from 1,600 to 2,500 USD.
Innovative HFE technology (non-surgical method)
The modern hair transplant technique has the special method of harvesting grafts. The scalp skin flaps are not cut out – the donor material is harvested with the help of a hollow needle. Thus, the donor follicular units remain intact. With manual harvesting of hair follicles, the skin remains intact, there are no scars, and the hair transplant itself is carried out with a microsurgical instrument.
Hair transplant is performed with the help of an implanter. During the procedure, the donor material is implanted at a given depth and at the desired angle, without cuts. After hair transplant completion, micro-punctures heal within a few days.
The peculiarity of HFE transplant is fast healing and short recovery period. Transplantation guarantees natural looking hairline and hair density (90-120 hairs per square centimeter). The survival rate of the transplanted hair reaches 92-98%.
Seamless hair transplant surgery requires special care and skills. Therefore, this type of hair transplant lasts from 4 to 10 hours. This influences the cost of hair loss treatment, which can reach 3,500 USD.
Recovery after the procedure
Hair transplant surgery is well tolerated by patients and does not cause side effects. In 2-3 months, hair growth is restored, there are no scars. In a year and a half, the patient forgets about hair loss and the problem of low hair density.
After the procedure:
- The first day after hair transplant a special bandage is put on the patient's head. This prevents the development of edema. After the hair transplant surgery, the patient can go to his hotel room.
- On the second day after the hair transplant, a consultation is carried out. The bandage is removed then. The doctor gives recommendations for head care.
- You can wash your hair with special remedies on the third day after a transplant. Shampoo is selected according to the recommendation of a doctor.
Recommendations after surgery also include:
- After hair transplant, you need to sleep on your back for 2 weeks, with minimal head contact with surrounding objects.
- After hair transplant, sexual intercourse should be excluded for 7 days.
- During the next month, physical activity should be limited. Staying in the direct sunlight and swimming in the sea (river, pool) are excluded.
Treatment abroad is the best way to get rid of the hair loss problem once and for good. The approximate cost of hair transplant can be estimated by contacting Booking Health managers. Booking Health provides patients with assistance in finding the doctor, hospitals and hotel. This will save your time and help you find the best hospitals at an affordable price.
Hair transplant results
After hair transplant surgery, some of the transplanted hair falls out within three weeks. This should not scare you, as it is a normal process. Instead of the lost hair, new strong and healthy hair grows on the head within 3-5 months.
In 1-1.5 years after the hair transplant, natural looking and attractive hair will grow – thick and full of shine.
Cost of hair transplant in the foreign hospitals
The cost of hair transplant surgery may vary significantly in foreign hospitals. It is influenced by many factors, including the degree of hair loss, the transplant technique used, the level of qualification of the hospital and the doctor, etc.
If you need to find the best hospital for treatment abroad at affordable prices, Booking Health managers will provide you with all the necessary information. Medical tourism in the field of hair transplant makes the procedure available for people from different countries.
Hair transplant cost is calculated taking into account the following factors:
- The size of the hair loss area, the amount of grafts transplanted. With large areas of alopecia, the price for the procedure will be higher than for transplanting grafts into one or few small areas. However, foreign hospitals offer promotions and set a fixed price for transplanting the maximum number of grafts.
- The selected hair transplant technology. Hair loss treatment in hospitals abroad is carried out with the help of modern methods, using the latest equipment. This makes it possible to minimize the risk of scarring after the surgery. The price of a seamless operation is high, but the results exceed the expectations.
Use the services of Booking Health, and you will undergo the HFE procedure in the best hospitals abroad at affordable prices. In addition, specialists in foreign hospitals can use additional procedures at the request of the patient. These are injections of plasma or stem cells. Such injections improve hair engraftment and promote rapid restoration of the scalp. However, it should be noted that additional services increase the cost of hair transplant.
Medical tourism allows combining hair transplantation and rest, especially if the treatment is carried out in Turkey or Thailand. Treatment abroad includes modern technology, high professionalism and extensive experience of foreign specialists, as well as the individual approach to each patient.
On the medical portal Booking Health you can choose a hospital and doctor, calculate the cost of hair transplant. Booking Health helps to issue a visa, provide support in the flight, organize accommodation abroad. The main goal of the Booking Health team is the comfort of customers.