Erectile dysfunction is impossibility of the penis to achieve and maintain an erection sufficient for a sexual intercourse. Mainly, it develops in old age but in some men it reveals itself much earlier. In Germany, effective treatment programs for erectile dysfunction are used in patients of all ages. A person undergoes a medical examination which helps to detect the cause of erectile dysfunction. Then, measures for elimination of the main etiopathogenetic factors of the disease are carried out. In most patients, it is possible to normalize the erectile function in one or another way.
Types of erectile dysfunction
There are many reasons which lead to the erectile dysfunction in men. According to these factors, the disease can be classified.
Causes of erectile dysfunction may be psychological or organic. Psychological causes are often observed in young patients. Their specificities are:
- Symptoms of erectile dysfunction are not always present. They appear only occasionally.
- Penis may lose an erection directly during the intercourse.
- Disorders develop suddenly, even when the patient is completely healthy.
- Problems with erection often occur due to the fatigue, stress, depression.
- Spontaneous night and morning erections are present.
These medical conditions require help of a sex therapist or a psychotherapist. In this case, the cause of the deterioration of erection is only in a patient's head.
After 40 years, causes are mostly organic. Structural changes occur that impede achievement and maintenance of an erection. Based on the main etiological factor, the following types of the erectile dysfunction of the organic origin are distinguished:
- The endocrine type is associated with the androgen (male hormones) deficiency.
- The angiogenic type is associated with the blood vessels deterioration. The blood supply of the penis suffers because of this reason.
- The neurogenic type is associated with the damage to the peripheral nerves (most often it occurs due to the diabetes mellitus).
- The penile (urologic) type is associated with the diseases or traumatic injuries of the penis.
- The drug-induced type develops as a side effect of the certain medications.
Mixed types of erectile dysfunction are most often observed. For example, an erection may deteriorate in the same patient as a result of a vascular occlusion and because of the reduction of the sex hormones level.
Diagnostics and treatment in Germany
In order to restore your health, German doctors carry out thorough diagnostics because the effective treatment of erectile dysfunction abroad is possible only after the detection of its main causes.
For this purpose, doctors administer a variety of diagnostic urologic examinations. A clinical examination is carried out. Such reflexes, as the anal, cremasteric, and bulbocavernosus ones are determined. Temperature and tactile sensitivity of the penis are assessed. The laboratory tests, such as the lipid profile, carbohydrate metabolism, level of sex hormones are carried out.
Various tests for the differential diagnostics of the psychogenic and organic erectile dysfunction are performed. The following instrumental examinations are carried out:
- ultrasound examination of the scrotum, penis, prostate;
- penile Doppler ultrasound;
- electromyography of pelvic floor muscles;
- CT scan of the spine, etc., depending on the results of medical examination and analyses.
Then, the treatment can be prescribed. Abroad, doctors elaborate an urologic treatment scheme for a patient individually. He can start the therapy even after the returning to his home country. It is usually enough to take drugs, as well as to do various procedures in order to restore the erection. In case of the psychogenic origin of erectile dysfunction, the psychotherapy is required.
In the most severe cases, the surgical treatment may be required. It consists in falloprosthetics. Such an operation is carried out only in the most serious cases, if a recovery of erection is impossible due to the significant damage to the nerves or blood vessels.
The best hospitals in Germany
Today, anyone may receive treatment in the best hospitals in Germany, if he has a sufficient level of financial well-being for this purpose. Cost of treatment in Germany is likely to be higher than in your home country but your health is worth the best doctors of the world.
The best German clinics where you can get medical care in the case of erectile dysfunction:
- University Hospital Cologne (Department of Urology).
- University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich (Department of Pediatric and Adult Urology).
- Urology Hospital Munich-Planegg.
Treatment in Germany is also available at the Clinic of Advanced Biological Medicine which is located in Frankfurt am Main. Stem cells are used here in order to restore the erection. Although such erectile dysfunction treatment is more expensive than standard regimens, it gives better long-term results.
Organization of treatment in Germany
If you decide to receive treatment in Germany in order to restore your health, please contact Booking Health for help. Our company is a leader in the field of medical tourism. While booking treatment in Germany with the help of Booking Health, you receive a number of benefits, such as:
- Choosing the best hospitals in Germany for the treatment of erectile dysfunction, based on the annual qualification profile.
- Establishing communication with the administration of the hospital and directly with the physician.
- Preparing a treatment program without repeating previous diagnostic procedures.
- Favorable costs. You can restore your health by saving up to 50% of the funds. Cost of treatment in Germany will be reduced due to the absence of overpricing for foreign patients.
- Appointment on the convenient for you dates.
- Monitoring the program at all stages.
- Help in buying and forwarding medicines.
- Communication with the hospital after completion of the medical program.
- Control of finances and return of all unspent funds.
- Organization of additional medical procedures.
Booking Health will provide you with the highest level of service. We will help you to prepare the documents for the trip abroad, we will book a hotel and plane tickets for you, provide you with an interpreter, etc. Our employee will meet you at the airport and take you to the medical facility. Thanks to Booking Health, your health will be in safe hands.