Prof. Dr. med. Gereon FinkCurriculum vitae keyboard_arrow_down
- 1982 - 1989 Study of medicine in Cologne (one semester in Manchester).
- 1989 - 1992 and 1993 - 1995 Assistant Physician, Max Planck Institute for Neurological Research and Department of Neurology, University Hospital Cologne (Prof. Heiss).
- 1992 - 1993 Clinical Research Fellow, Dept. of Neurology & MRC Cyclotron Unit, Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK (Prof. Frackowiak).
- 1995 - 1997 Clinical Research Fellow, Institute of Neurology & National Hospital for Neurology, Queen Square, London (Prof. Dolan).
- 1997 - 2000 Assistant Physician, University Hospital Düsseldorf (Prof. Freund).
- 1998 - 2005 Working group on cognitive neurology, Institute of Medicine, Juelich Research Center.
- 2001 - 2004 Chief Physician of the Department of Neurology, University Hospital Aachen (Prof. Noth).
- October 2003, Professor C3, cognitive neurology, RWTH Aachen.
- 2004 - 2006 Professor C4, neurology and cognitive neurology, RWTH Aachen, and Deputy Head of the Department of Neurology at the University Hospital Aachen.
- 2005 and currently Head of the Department of Cognitive Neurology Research, Institute of Neurology and Medicine (INM3), Juelich Research Center.
- 2006 and currently Professor W3, neurology, University Hospital Cologne, Head of the Department and Polyclinic of Neurology, University Hospital Cologne.
Main academic positions
- 2002 - 2006 Representative of the KFO-112 Clinical Research Group, financing of DFG, "Attention disorders and their therapeutic treatment".
- 2002 - 2008 Neurological Research Coordinator at the Brain Imaging Center West, Center for Competence of the Federal Ministry of Education and Research of Germany (BMBF) for functional imaging diagnostics in clinically oriented areas of neurology.
- 2003 and currently Member of the Scientific and Technical Council at the Juelich Research Center.
- 2008 - 2011 Member of the Scientific Advisory Board of the University of Cologne.
- 2010 and currently representative of the KFO-219 Clinical Research Group, financing of DFG, "Basal ganglia – cerebral cortex: mechanisms of pathological interaction and therapeutic modulation".
- 2011 - 2012 President of the German Society for Clinical Neurophysiology.
- 2011 - 2013 First Vice-Rector of University of Cologne and Vice-Rector for young researchers.
- 2014 and currently Board Member of the German Society of Neurology (DGN, 3rd Chairman).
- 2015 and currently Deputy Dean for Structuring and Planning, Medical Faculty of the University of Cologne.
Main awards and scholarships
- 1983 - 1989 Germany's National Scholarship.
- 1992 - 1993 Otto Kahn Scholarship of the Max Plank Research Society, Germany.
- 1995 - 1997 European Traveller Fellowship of Wellcome Trust, UK.
- 2003 NRW Research Prize, North Rhine-Westphalia Research Center.
- 2004 Pette Award of the German Society of Neurology.
- 2008 Hospital – Innovations – Prize 2008.
- 2009 Donnersmarck-Foundation Research Scholarship.
- 2011 DGKN Award for Advanced Training.
- 2015 Max Delbruck Prize, University of Cologne.