Gynecology:Open Laparotomy and Sanitation of the Abdominal Cavity for Endometriosis in the Pelvic Cavity) (with/without the laser)
The technique of endometriosis surgical treatment is determined individually in each case, taking into account the disease peculiarities. For large size and complex localization of nodes, the open laparotomy is preferred. This surgery provides the best access to the affected organs and allows assessing the severity of the pathological process adequately.
Special examination prescribed before laparotomy includes:
- consultation of an obstetrician-gynecologist,
- pelvic and breast ultrasound,
- vaginal ultrasound,
- gynecological examination with a colposcopy,
- a set of laboratory tests.
The surgery is performed under general anesthesia. An incision 7 to 8 cm long is made in the patient's lower abdomen. During examination, the surgeon determines the scope of intervention. Endometrial formations are removed with biopsy forceps. When required, the node bed is cauterized with laser. The manipulations are carried out consistently in all affected areas. At the end of the procedure, the abdominal cavity is washed and dried, after which the wound is sutured layer by layer.
Postoperatively, the woman is prescribed analgesics and antibiotics. In order to prevent the recurrence, the hormone therapy is selected. When the recovery period features no complication, the patient is discharged on day 3.Hide
- Endometriosis of the pelvic cavity | Diagnostics
- Endometriosis of the pelvic cavity | Curettage under the control of hysteroscopy
- Endometriosis of the pelvic cavity with adhesions | Laparoscopic coagulation of endometriotic lesions and dissection of adhesions
- Endometriosis of the pelvic cavity | Diagnostic laparoscopy and conservative treatment
- General therapeutic rehabilitation