Due to the difficulties associated with the organization of treatment in Turkey, Switzerland, South Korea and India, we are not currently processing requests to these regions.
If you are interested in treatment in Germany, please leave a request and our specialists will contact you as soon as possible.
Despite all the success of modern oncology, cancer remains the second most frequent cause of death around the world. Tumors are often diagnosed late, which makes treatment more complicated. Another issue is the use of the obsolete methods or not the most effective therapeutic approaches in countries with poorly regulated healthcare system.
Germany remains one of the most successful countries, where doctors have learned to effectively resist malignant tumors. This is evidenced by statistics. This is the third country in terms of life expectancy in the world, after the USA and Japan. Germany also ranks second in the rating of life span of women.
Mentioned results of the country's healthcare system are mainly associated with effective cancer treatment. In Germany, this diagnosis has already not been considered as a death sentence for a long time. Oncologic pathology can be often cured completely. In other cases, the life of the patient is prolonged for decades with the help of various methods of treatment. Thus, cancer turns from a deadly disease into a chronic pathology that requires observation and therapy, but which one can live and work with.
- Surgical treatment of oncologic diseases
- Radiation therapy for oncologic diseases treatment
- Chemotherapy for oncologic diseases treatment
- Other treatment methods
Surgical treatment of oncologic diseases
Surgery is the fundamental stone of treating the majority of tumors. Doctors in Germany try to detect cancer as early as possible, while malformation has small size and metastases are absent. Surgery has the greatest chances for success in such a case.
Features of surgical intervention in Germany are:
- Preference is given to sparing organ-saving surgeries. Thorough examination and accumulated experience of cancer treatment help in this process. Depending on the histological, molecular type of tumor, the location of the tumor and other data, the doctors conclude whether a less traumatic operation can be performed. After all, it allows you to maintain the quality of life at a high level. For example, in many cases it is possible not to remove the breast completely in breast cancer or to cone the cervix to maintain the reproductive potential of a woman.
- Minimally invasive techniques are used at the early stages of the disease. In many cases, when the tumor is very small, German doctors remove it without surgery at all. For this, a laser, focused ultrasound, radiofrequency ablation and other methods are used. Photodynamic therapy has been used all more often. If the tumor does not go beyond the mucous membrane, the risk of relapse during these procedures will be minimal.
- Use of minimally invasive operations. Endoscopic surgical interventions can be used for many cancerous diseases. They are much less traumatic than open operations. But at the same time they require the availability of appropriate equipment and experienced qualified doctors who are familiar with the technique of such interventions. The patient's recovery is much faster after such endoscopic interventions. The risk of complications decreases as well as tolerability of the postoperative treatment improves.
- Robot-assisted surgeries. Many surgical interventions for oncologic diseases are performed by a robot-surgeon, who is controlled by a human. This carries a number of advantages. The fact has been proven that blood loss is much reduced in this kind of surgeries. Risk of complications is lowered, cuts are thin and precise, unnecessary tissue damage is absent. Therefore, the patient’s recovery after the surgery goes fast.
Radiation therapy for oncologic diseases treatment
Radiation therapy often complements cancer treatment, and sometimes it even becomes a key method of treatment. Unfortunately, in the developing countries doctors often apply old equipment. Those devices were produced back in 60-70s of the last century. In Germany healthcare professionals use the latest methods of radiation therapy including:
- Intensity-modulated radiation therapy
- Stereotactic conformal radiation therapy
- Irradiation under visual control
All these methods allow, on the one hand, to more accurately direct radiation beams, increasing the dose for malignant tumors. On the other hand, damage to surrounding healthy tissues is reduced. As a result, the risks of radiation therapy are reduced. Treatment is better tolerated and its results are much improved.
Radiosurgical methods are widely used in Germany. They can be a full-fledged replacement for a surgical operation with some tumors. Most often, radiosurgery is used for oncologic formations in the brain, especially with deep localization of the tumor. These are painless methods of cancer treatment. No craniotomy is needed, no blood loss is present in the result. Often a person does not even need to take a sick leave - the next day after radiosurgical removal of the tumor, a patient can go to work.
Chemotherapy for oncologic diseases treatment
Chemotherapy is often used for oncologic diseases treatment. Chemotherapy is usually not the basis of therapy and just supplements it. Nonetheless, the quality of the medications and the schemes of their prescription influence the life expectancy of the patient and the risk of tumor recurrence after the surgery. Therefore, the importance of chemotherapy should not be underestimated.
German doctors apply high-quality medications for chemotherapy. They use progressive treatment methods as well, such as:
- Chemoembolization - the introduction of emboli with drugs into the blood vessels, as a result blood supply to the tumor is disrupted and inhibition of its growth comes under the influence of chemotherapy drugs
- Hyperbaric intra-operative chemotherapy - washing the abdominal cavity with a heated solution of chemotherapeutic agents to destroy micro-metastases and reduce the risk of recurrence
- Intrathecal chemotherapy – chemotherapy medications are administered directly into the cerebrospinal fluid, which allows treating brain tumors (with conventional administration, many drugs do not penetrate the blood-brain barrier)
Other treatment methods
A large number of other methods for treating malignant tumors is available in Germany. These include:
- Radionuclide treatment. A radiopharmaceutical is introduced into the body, where it is accumulated in the tumor cells. It emits radiation for a short distance. Therefore, the tumor is destroyed, but healthy tissues are practically not affected. Basically, radionuclide treatment is used for metastatic tumors.
- Bone marrow transplantation helps with leukemia. In Germany, stem cells are transplanted from the donor, although autologous transplantation is also used. Germany has one of the largest donor bases in the world.
- Targeted therapy. Targeted therapy is used to fight many types of cancer in Germany. This is a kind of treatment, when drugs destroy the tumor, but practically do not affect healthy cells.
- Immune therapy helps to strengthen the reaction of immunity against tumor. As a result, the body itself fights actively with the oncologic disease.
- Photodynamic therapy. A coloring substance is introduced into the body. It is accumulated in tumor cells. Then, the tumor is irradiated with light of a certain length. Under the influence of this light, the substance is activated and provokes necrosis of the tumor mass.
All these and many other modern cancer treatment methods are available in Germany. That's why patients from all over the world come here to get quality medical care. In many cases, the disease can be cured completely if the person refers on time.
To get treatment for cancer in Germany, contact the specialists of Booking Health for help. We will choose the most appropriate hospital for you that has the best statistics in the treatment of certain pathologies. Our specialists will fully arrange treatment for you. We will help to get high-quality medical services and solve organizational issues and you will also save up to 70% of costs on treatment. Leave an application on the web site to get treatment from the world's best specialists at an affordable price.
Choose treatment abroad and you will for sure get the best results!