Plastic surgery in Korea is considered one of the most developed branches of medicine. According to the number of aesthetic operations performed per capita, this country ranks first in the world. The clinics in this country perform an average of 16 plastic surgical procedures per 1000 population every year. About 20% of the country's inhabitants resorted to the services of plastic surgeons at least once in their life.
For this reason, plastic surgery in Korea is constantly evolving. There appear new methods for improving the appearance and improved classic techniques. The local specialists have vast experience in performing plastic surgery. Every year, a huge number of foreigners come to South Korea to benefit from the achievements and advantages of aesthetic medicine in this country.
- Facial plastic surgery
- Lip plastic surgery
- Cheek plastic surgery
- Eyebrow lifting
- Chin plastic surgery
- Ear shape correction
- Liposuction and abdominoplasty
Facial plastic surgery
In patients after 40 years, anti-aging procedures and facelift become the most demanded services. The clinics in Korea offer:
- RF face lifting is the rejuvenation by electromagnetic pulses, which stimulate the formation of collagen and tighten the skin.
- Cosmetic procedures involve the introduction of autologous platelet-rich plasma, Botox injections, photorejuvenation, mesotherapy, LPG massage and other methods that can be used in Korea for non-surgical face rejuvenation.
- Endoscopic skin lift is the procedure performed through small incisions in inconspicuous places (oral cavity, scalp). Endoscopic lifting allows tightening cheeks, eyebrows, lifting eyelids. In Korea, an endoscopic forehead lift is often performed.
- Thread lift is the procedure that involves the introduction of threads under the skin, which stretch it and hold it in this position constantly. In Korea, the plastic surgeons use high-quality threads that are invisible on the face, do not cause complications and release substances that are beneficial to the skin.
- Face contouring plasty is the introduction of fillers under the skin. As a rule, this method is used to augment the lips, cheekbones, change the shape of the chin, eyelids or nose.
- Circular face and neck lift is one of the most common interventions. It affects almost all parts of the face, with the exception of the eyes and eyelids. The doctors tighten not only the skin, but also the muscles, adipose tissue. The excess fat (liposuction) may be excised at the same time.
Lip plastic surgery
Cheiloplasty in Korea allows to eliminate asymmetry and imbalance, augment lips, eliminate drooping mouth corners, and correct birth defects.
Cheiloplasty is usually performed for aesthetic rather than medical reasons. The doctor can lift the red border of the lips, introduce fillers or adipose tissue. To raise the corners of the mouth, the surgeons perform a corner lift, which is the excision of the skin and mucous membrane above the upper lip.
Eyelid surgery helps with the bags under your eyes, eliminates ptosis and age-related changes in the eyelids. Blepharoplasty can be upper and lower. A special version of this operation is epicanthoplasty – giving Asian eyes a European look. Upper blepharoplasty is often combined with frontoplasty (forehead lift).
Despite the common name, this is not a single operation, but a wide variety of surgical procedures. They help improve the appearance of the eyelids in case of:
- Necessity to eliminate bags under your eyes
- Weakened skin elasticity
- Protrusion of adipose tissue in the orbit
- Exposure of sclera sites
- Drooping corners of the eyes
Cheek plastic surgery
Some women find their cheeks too large. This is due to lumps bisha, the removal of which allows to achieve a good aesthetic result. In Korea, the removal of bisha bags is performed with access through the oral cavity, so there are no scars on the face.
On the contrary, the patients often want to augment their cheeks. The effect can be achieved by the introduction of fillers or the patient’s own adipose tissue.
In recent years, it has become fashionable to perform cheek plastic surgery to form dimples. This intervention is called dimplectomy. The dimples on the cheeks are formed by suturing the skin. Korean doctors use absorbable sutures. The effect of a dimplectomy lasts forever.
With age, the skin of the forehead sags, while the eyebrows sag lower and lower. In some people, this facial feature is congenital, which only worsens over the years. But eyebrows can be lifted. To this end, the surgeons perform different types of eyebrow lifting:
- Coronary lifting;
- Endoscopic lifting
- Temporal lifting
- Median lifting
- Supraciliary lifting
- Lift along the hairline
The method is chosen based on the characteristics of the patient’s appearance and the requirements for the results. The eyebrow lifting is often combined with upper blepharoplasty, forehead lift.
Chin plastic surgery
A huge number of people are unhappy with the shape of their chin. It may be protruding or, on the contrary, not sufficiently developed. Some people have double chin, too wide chin, chin damaged due to trauma or surgery.
Mentoplasty can be reducing, augmenting (endoprosthetics) or non-surgical. The concept of non-surgical mentoplasty usually includes lipofilling or the introduction of fillers to increase volume, correct shape.
To reduce the chin, a lower jaw osteotomy is required. It is partially excised and displaced posteriorly.
Ear shape correction
In Korea, surgeons perform plastic and reconstructive operations on the auricles. The patients with deafness mostly want to undergo aesthetic otoplasty. Korean clinics can perform even the most complex reconstructive interventions for congenital malformations of the auricles, the consequences of traumatic injuries.
Liposuction and abdominoplasty
The correction of the shape of the abdomen and other parts of the body is possible using abdominoplasty and liposuction. The surgeons can remove excess fat. The diastasis operation can be minimal invasive. In Korea, the surgeons use endoscopic abdominoplasty to eliminate rectus abdominis diastasis. Liposuction and hernia repair surgery can be performed at the same time.
The main options of the surgical procedure:
- Classical abdominoplasty. It involves performing an incision on the anterior abdominal wall, tightening the skin of the abdomen, removing its excess. In different versions of this operation, the skin can stretch upward or sideways.
- Endoscopic mini-abdominoplasty. It is used only to eliminate diastasis. The method is minimally invasive and does not leave large scars. It is often used after childbirth.
- Dermolypoplasty. It gradually replaces classical abdominoplasty. The surgeons perform ultrasonic liposuction and then remove the surface layers of the skin, while the deep ones are sutured. The operation is less traumatic.
- Excisional mini-abdominoplasty. It involves the excision of adipose tissue in the lower abdomen and diastasis suturing.
To do plastic surgeries, cosmetic procedures, perform laser scar removal or remove excess fat on your stomach, you can go abroad. The Booking Health portal represents leading clinics in South Korea. You can see the main programs, plastic surgery techniques and prices offered by different medical institutions.
The Booking Health will organize your trip to one of the Korean Plastic Surgery Centers. We will help you choose the right clinic and doctor. The cost of medical services for you will be lower due to the absence of extra charges and coefficients for foreign patients.
Choose treatment abroad and you will for sure get the best results!
Author: Dr. Vadim Zhiliuk