Prof. Dr. med. Jens C. BrüningCurriculum vitae keyboard_arrow_down
- Since 03/2011, Director of the Center for Endocrinology, Diabetes and Preventive Medicine (ZEDP) at the University Hospital Cologne.
- Since 02/2011, Director of the Max Planck Institute for Neurological Research, Cologne (part-time).
- Since 01/2009 Fellow of the Max Planck Institute in the field of biological aging processes, Cologne.
- Since 11/2007, Coordinator of the Cologne Excellence Center in Cellular Stress Response in Age-Related Diseases (CECAD).
- 10/2006-9/2008 Managing Director of the Institute of Genetics, Cologne University.
- Since 04/2003, Professor at the Institute of Genetics (successor to Prof. Klaus Raevsky), Head of the Department of Mouse Genetics and Metabolism.
- 23.10.2002. Habilitation (Venia legendi in internal medicine), "New concepts of the pathogenesis of type 2 diabetes mellitus by conditional mutagenesis of the insulin receptor gene in mice".
- Since 07/1997 Foundation of the scientific laboratory with the main focus: "Transgenic animals models of insulin resistance" University Hospital Cologne, Department of Internal Medicine II. Director: Prof., Dr. med. W. Krone.
- 02/1994 - 06/1997 Research work in the laboratory by Prof. C. Ronald Kahn, President of the Joslin Diabetes Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA, research focus: "Molecular mechanisms of insulin action and insulin resistance."
- 02/1996 - 06/1997 Fellow of Mary K. Iacocca.
- 05/1993 PhD thesis at the Medical Faculty of the University Hospital Cologne, Department of Internal Medicine I, Director: Prof., Dr. Med. V. Diehl.
- 2009 Ernst Young Award of the Ernst Young Foundation for scientific research, Hamburg.
- 2008 Minkowski Prize of European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD).
- 2007 Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz Prize of the German Research Foundation.
- 2006 Scientific award "Lesser-Loewe-Wissenschaftspreis" of the Lesser Loewe Foundation, Mannheim.
- 2005 Wilhelm Vaillant Award of the Wilhelm Vaillant Foundation.
- 2005 Ferdinand Bertram Prize of the German Diabetes Society (DDG).
- 2001 Ernst and Bertha Scharrer Prize of the Department of Neuroendocrinology of the German Society of Endocrinology (DGE).
- 2000 Young Master's Turnier Prize of the German Society of Internal Medicine (DGIM) Wiesbaden.
- 1996 Mary K. Iacocca Foundation Fellowship.
- 1995 Young Investigator Award of the American Society for Internal Medicine.
- 2002 - 2003 Chief Physician of the Department of Internal Medicine II, Cologne
- Since 12/2001. Recognition of the specialization of endocrinology.
- Since 02/2001 Specialist in Internal Medicine.
- Since 07/1997 Continuation of the internship in the university hospital, Department of Internal Medicine II. Director: Prof,, Dr. Med. W. Krone.
- 12/1993 Approbation.
- 06/1992 - 01/1994 Trainee Doctor and Fellow after internship in internal medicine, University Hospital, Department of Internal Medicine II, Prof., Dr. med. W. Krone.
- 04/1992 Third medical examination and partial approbation.
- 1985-1992 Study of medicine at the Medical Faculty of the University of Cologne.