Cervical cancer is one of the most dangerous malignant diseases in gynecology. It is relatively often diagnosed and its course is quite severe. The symptoms of the disease manifest themselves late. In the early stages of the development of the disease, medical science copes with it successfully. However, in the further progression of the pathology, when symptoms appear, it is very difficult to completely cure it. Cervical cancer in developing countries is considered one of the main causes of death of women from cancer. In developed countries, pathology is much less common due to the screening of the population. The pathological changes in epithelial cells are successfully detected and cured even at the stage of precancerous processes.
What is cervical conization?
Cervical conization is a surgical procedure that removes a part of the uterus in the form of a cone. The surgical technique itself may be different. The doctors may use not only a classical method, in which a fragment of an organ is resected with a scalpel, but also various physical energies that have become widespread in gynecology, such as electrocoagulation or the radio wave method.
The benefits of conization:
- no need for rehabilitation;
- minimal invasiveness of the surgical procedure;
- low risk of complications;
- low cost;
- preservation of fertility.
When can cervical cancer be cured with conization?
The conization is not always used as the main method of treatment in gynecology. This is only possible in the early stages.
As a method of choice, the conization is used only in case of cancer in situ (stage 0), which refers to squamous cell carcinoma by its histological type. Should adenocarcinoma be detected, the preference will be given to hysterectomy, which involves the removal of the uterus.
However, there are situations when a woman wants to maintain fertility. In this case, conization can be performed at the stage 1A. The operation is followed by the examination of the edges of the removed tissue. Should there be found cancer cells, the doctors will perform repeated, expanded surgery.
Such surgical tactics are more risky for the patient, because conization gives more relapses than hysterectomy. Therefore, it is better to resort to this surgical procedure at stage 1 or in the case of stage 0 adenocarcinoma only in cases where the patient is confident that in the near future she will have pregnancy and childbirth.
In any case, conization is possible only at the very beginning of the disease, when the patient does not have any symptoms. It can be detected so early only with the preventive diagnostics. If a woman regularly has a smear test for oncocytology, the sample will show cancer cells. Subsequently, she will undergo colposcopy and biopsy. Should the diagnosis be confirmed, a small neoplasm will be immediately removed using cervical conization.
Some women visit a doctor only after the onset of symptoms. This suggests that the disease is at least at the second stage. In this case, it is impossible to cure cervical cancer by performing conization. Therefore, the patient cannot undergo this operation.
Treatment abroad with the Booking Health company
You can undergo cervical conization, brachytherapy, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, perform a surgical resection or undergo rehabilitation in the Departments of Gynecology and Surgery of the best German clinics. The Booking Health company can help you arrange your treatment at an affordable cost. You can use the services of the best doctors in the world.
When booking a cervical cancer treatment program through our service, you will get a number of benefits:
- Selection of the best clinic whose doctors specialize in the diagnostics, cervical conization, brachytherapy, chemotherapy or surgical tumor resection. It is in such medical centers that treatment will be more effective and safer.
- Reduced cost of the diagnostics, surgery, radiation therapy, chemotherapy and rehabilitation due to the lack of overpricing and additional coefficients for foreign patients.
- Booking an appointment with a doctor to diagnose a surgical tumor resection or undergo brachytherapy on the most suitable dates for you.
- Preparation of the program taking into account the previously performed diagnostics.
- Establishment of communication directly with the attending physician.
- Monitoring of all stages of the program: diagnostics, surgical resection, brachytherapy, chemotherapy, rehabilitation, etc.
- Control of invoices, cost of medical procedures, return of unspent funds.
- Buying and forwarding of medicines.
- Organization of additional diagnostics or treatment in the Departments of Surgery and Gynecology.
- Communication with the Medical Center upon completion of the main stage of treatment.
The Booking Health company will provide you with the top-class service. We will provide support at all stages of your medical care. Our staff will book a hotel for you, airline tickets, arrange a transfer from the airport to a medical facility. Once the treatment is completed, we will take you from the clinic to the airport.