Mammology is a branch of medicine, which deals with breast health in women. The mammologists examine women for the prevention or early detection of mammological diseases. If necessary, they perform medical treatment. Also, they are engaged in supporting the health of the breasts during breastfeeding.
Who requires the services of a mammologist?
From time to time, it is necessary to all women without exception to visit a mammologist. This should be done at least with the aim of preventing mammological diseases. In addition, a visit to this doctor can be mandatory in some cases, for example, before IVF or during pregnancy, prior to the appointment of any hormonal drugs.
The main situations when a woman needs to see a mammologist are:
- Onset of symptoms of breast diseases (breast lumps, nipple discharge, pain, etc.).
- Before the intake of hormonal drugs, pregnancy, artificial insemination (hormones can stimulate the growth of tumors, which can sometimes be detected in the mammary glands at the initial stage during the examination).
- Preparation for breastfeeding, in order to receive a consultation.
- Breastfeeding problems (not enough milk, nipple inflammation, lactostasis, etc.).
The local specialists solve most of the problems in patients. Mainly those people who need the examination (check-up diagnostics) or treatment of specific breast diseases, including breast surgery, go abroad. Then women seek medical help from the best Breast Centers, undergo high-quality treatment abroad and restore the health of their mammary glands.
What breast diseases can be treated abroad?
There are several main groups of diseases, in which a woman needs treatment abroad in the Breast Clinic. These include the following conditions:
- Infectious processes in the mammary glands (mastitis, breast abscess).
- Benign neoplasms and dyshormonal changes (mastopathies, fibroadenomas, lipomas, intraductal papillomas).
- Microcalcifications, necrotic processes in the breast.
- Breast cancer.
The admission of the patient is followed by the thorough diagnostics. Once the diagnostics is completed, the doctors decide on the treatment tactics. Sometimes, it is enough to perform conservative therapy. The patient can be prescribed antibiotics, hormonal drugs. In some cases, the doctors have to perform breast surgery.
The benefits of treatment abroad
Mammology abroad is much better developed in economically prosperous countries. Although the cost of treatment there is higher, the unsatisfactory quality of medical care at home often forces a person to go outside his country. The patient can rely on a more effective and safer treatment abroad. The main benefits of medicine in developed countries are:
- Highly qualified doctors.
Hhigh-precision diagnostics due to the availability of high-quality equipment (the doctors use mammography, ultrasound, MRI, MR mammography, galactography, immunohistochemical examinations, genetic diagnostics, stereotactic biopsy).
- The use of modern operations, which minimally damage the tissue, but allow to obtain the best result.
- If possible, the breast is not completely removed in malignant tumors, but partially, while the radical operations are performed only if they are really necessary.
Each patient receives an individual treatment regimen for breast cancer based on the stage and molecular type of the tumor. The foreign hospitals use innovative treatment methods, such as targeted therapy, immunotherapy, stereotactic radiosurgery. If desired, the patients can join the clinical trials and take an advantage of the very latest developments of scientists in the treatment of cancer or other breast diseases.
Which hospitals can offer treatment?
The Booking Health company can arrange your trip to one of the top hospitals in the world. We will select the best hospital for you, whereas the costs of treatment will be lower for you compared to the direct visit to the medical facility. Here are some examples of Breast Clinics, which you can visit:
Charite University Hospital Berlin. The foreign patients are treated by doctors from the Department of Gynecology and the Breast Center. It ranks among the top in Germany and Europe. It treats any breast diseases, including the malignant tumors. The department performs modern operations, which allow for achieving the recovery of most patients.
University Hospital Heidelberg. You can receive a consultation with the experienced doctors in the Department of Mammology. The department performs organ-sparing operations for breast cancer. To diagnose the disease, the doctors use digital mammography with tomosynthesis, stereotactic vacuum-assisted biopsy. The department performs corrective, aesthetic and reconstructive breast surgical procedures.
University Hospital of Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich. According to the Focus magazine, it is one of the top German medical facilities specializing in the treatment of breast cancer. The Breast Center functions here. It provides drug and surgical treatment of breast diseases. The department performs radical and organ-sparing operations, radiation and chemotherapy, hormonal and immunotherapy. The doctors have in their arsenal the most advanced medical procedures, which can successfully treat breast cancer.
Organization of treatment abroad
You can use the services of the Booking Health company to get the consultation with a mammologist, undergo the diagnostics or treatment of breast diseases. We will arrange your trip to one of the best hospitals in the world. We provide the following services and benefits:
- Selection of the best medical facility, whose doctors have achieved significant success in the treatment of breast diseases.
- Reduced costs of treatment, due to the lack of overpricing and additional coefficients for foreign patients (saving up to 50%).
- Preparation of the medical program, taking into account previously performed examinations.
- Booking the appointment with a doctor on the necessary date.
- Establishment of communication with your attending physician.
- Monitoring of the medical program at all its stages.
- Control of invoices and return of unspent funds.
- Organization of additional diagnostic procedures.
- Communication with the hospital after treatment completion.
We will provide you with high-quality service. The employees of the Booking Health company will book airline tickets and a hotel for you, help you with the preparation of documents, meet you at the airport of another country and take you to the hospital.