Surgical treatment for coarctation of the aorta with bypass graft repair (program ID: 261623)
University Hospital Duesseldorf
Artur LichtenbergSpecialized in: adult and pediatric cardiothoracic surgery
Department of Adult and Pediatric Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- physical examination
- cardiological examination
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- biochemical analysis of blood
- TSH-basal, fT3, fT4
- inflammation indicators
- indicators blood coagulation
- measurement of arterial blood pressure
- holter monitoring (24h)
- echocardiography or transesophageal echocardiography
- preoperative care
- cardiac catheterization
- bypass graft repair
- symptomatic treatment
- control examinations
- cost of essential medicines and materials
- nursing services
- full hospital accommodation
- explanation of future recommendations
You may also book
About the department
According to the Focus magazine, the Department of Adult and Pediatric Cardiothoracic Surgery at the University Hospital Duesseldorf ranks among the top German departments specializing in the surgical treatment of diseases of the cardiovascular system!
The department offers the full range of surgical treatment of diseases of the heart, lungs, and other thoracic organs. The department has a long and successful history. It has performed more than 50,000 heart surgeries since 1938. The first open-heart surgery under hypothermia, the first heart valve replacement surgery, as well as the first pacemaker and cardioverter-defibrillator implantations in Germany should be mentioned among the department’s achievements. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Artur Lichtenberg.
The department is equipped with the state-of-art medical equipment, operating rooms, and intensive care units in order to help patients in critical condition and postoperative follow-up care. The department's doctors carefully monitor patient’s state of health, carry out all types of researches before, during and after surgery.
The service range of the department includes:
- Cardiac surgery
- Coronary artery bypass grafting on a beating heart (without connecting a patient to a heart-lung machine) with the help of total arterial revascularization using a no-touch technique
- Heart valve surgery
- Minimally invasive techniques (for example, lateral minithoracotomy, Z-shaped sternotomy, transapical aortic valve replacement)
- Aortic valve implantation using the catheter techniques (without connecting the patient to the heart-lung machine)
- Thoracic aortic surgery (thoracic aneurysms and aortic dissection)
- Heart failure treatment
- Drug therapy
- Implantation of a special biventricular pacemaker (cardiac resynchronization)
- Implantation of mechanical circulatory support systems
- Artificial heart implantation
- Implantation of devices for heart rhythm normalization
- Implantation and replacement of single-chamber, two-chamber and biventricular pacemakers
- Implantation and replacement of single-chamber, two-chamber and biventricular ICDs
- Revisions and systemic replacement of pacemakers and ICDs
- Removal of probes
- Implantation of the isolated epicardial probe (atrium, right and left ventricles)
- Implantation of pacemakers and ICDs in children and adolescents
- Implantation of cardiac contractility modulation systems
- Event recorder implantation
- Minimally invasive surgical therapy in atrial fibrillation
- Various neurostimulators (for example, stimulation of the glomus in the treatment of arterial hypertension)
- Implantation of pacemakers and ICDs in combination with other heart interventions (for example, with coronary artery bypass grafting, valve operations)
- Thoracic surgery
- Tissue sampling for the further examination (biopsy)
- Surgical treatment of malignant and benign tumors of the lungs, thoracic wall, mediastinum, and diaphragm
- Surgical removal of lung metastases
- Surgical treatment of thoracic infections
- Surgical and conservative treatment of thoracic injuries
- Minimally invasive thoracic interventions
- Other medical services
- 1993 - 1995 Intern, Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery at the University Hospital Tuebingen.
- 1995 Doctoral thesis defense, Department of Cardiology, University of Tuebingen.
- 1995 - 1997 Assistant Physician, Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Heart Center Lahr/Baden.
- 1997 - 2000 Assistant Physician, Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Hannover Medical School.
- 2000 Medical Specialist in Cardiac Surgery.
- 2000 - 2001 Acting Head of the Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Hannover Medical School.
- 2001 - 2006 Full-time Senior Physician in the Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Hannover Medical School.
- 2002 - 2003 Leading Senior Physician of the Department of Cardiothoracic and General Surgery, Oststadtkrankenhaus Hospital, Hannover.
- 2004 - 2006 Head of the Group on Tissue Engineered of the Heart Valves, Hannover Medical School.
- 2007 Venia Legendi in Cardiac Surgery, Hannover Medical School.
- 2006 - 2009 Deputy Head of the Department and Leading Senior Doctor of the Department of Cardiac Surgery at the University Hospital Heidelberg.
- 2006 - 2009 Head of the Artificial Heart Program, Department of Cardiac Surgery at the University Hospital Heidelberg.
- 2006 - 2009 Head of the Section of Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery, Department of Cardiac Surgery at the University Hospital Heidelberg.
- 2006 - 2009 Head of the Working Group on Cardiovascular, Stem Cell and Tissue Engineering, Department of Cardiac Surgery at the University Hospital Heidelberg.
- Since 2008, Chairman of the Working Group on Tissue Engineered of Heart Valves of the German Society for Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery (DGTHG).
- 2008 Habilitation, Medical Faculty of the University of Heidelberg.
- 02 - 07/2009 W3 Professor and Head of the Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery at the University Hospital Jena.
- 2009 Appointment as W3 Professor of Cardiac Surgery, Heinrich Heine University Duesseldorf.
- Since 2009, Head of the Department of Adult and Pediatric Cardiothoracic Surgery at the University Hospital Duesseldorf.
Accommodation in hospital
- Program [Description]
Surgical treatment for coarctation of the aorta with bypass graft repair
- Hospital: University Hospital Duesseldorf
- access_time Duration:
There are 47 aortic coarctation treatment hospitals on Booking Health websiteShow all clinics