Chemotherapy in ovarian cancer (program ID: 82133)
University Hospital Duesseldorf
Rainer HaasSpecialized in: hematology, oncology, clinical immunology
Department of Hematology, Oncology and Clinical Immunology
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- review of medical records
- physical examination
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- general urine analysis
- biochemical analysis of blood
- inflammation indicators (CRP, ESR)
- indicators blood coagulation
- tumor markers (CEA, CA19-9, CA125)
- individual plan of the chemotherapy
(the cost of medicines is included)
- symptomatic treatment
- the cost of essential medicines and materials
- nursing services
- control examinations
- consultation of related specialists
- Medical records
- MRI/CT scan (not older than 3 months)
- Biopsy results (if available)
You may also book
About the department
The Department of Hematology, Oncology and Clinical Immunology at the University Hospital Duesseldorf offers the full range of modern diagnostics and treatment of oncopathology, blood diseases, and immune system. A special focus of specialization is the treatment of malignant diseases of the blood, bone marrow, and lymph nodes. The excellent infrastructure, high-tech equipment and high professionalism of the department's doctors contribute to the optimal treatment results.The Chief Physician of the department is Prof. Dr. med. Rainer Haas.
The department has vast experience in bone marrow transplantation. Since 1989, it has performed more than 1,500 transplantations. It should be noted that the department's doctors attach great importance to the further improvement of the transplantation technique and prevention of serious side effects. Thus, today the department successfully transplants bone marrow to elderly patients and patients with severe concomitant diseases.
The great advantage of the department is the presence of a number of specialized laboratories for basic diagnostics and further examination of hematological patients. The modern immune-cytological and molecular-biological examination methods in combination with classical cytomorphology form the basis for the diagnostics of all blood and bone marrow diseases. Of particular interest is the diagnostics of acute and chronic leukemia, myelodysplastic syndrome, lymphomas, and multiple myeloma.
The service range of the department includes:
- Diagnostics and treatment of acute lymphocytic leukemia
- Traditional chemotherapy
- High-dose chemotherapy
- Individualized therapy depending on specific clinical indications
- Diagnostics and treatment of acute myeloid leukemia
- Diagnostics and treatment of myelodysplastic syndrome
- Diagnostics and treatment of bronchial carcinoma
- Diagnostics and treatment of malignant lymphomas
- Diagnostics and treatment of plasmacytoma
- Diagnostics and treatment of sarcomas
- Laboratory diagnostics
- Cytological examination of blood and bone marrow
- Histological examinations
- Cytogenetic examinations
- Fluorescent in situ hybridization
- Molecular biological examinations
- Special diagnostics before the transplantation
- Other diseases, diagnostic and therapeutic methods
- 1982 Doctoral thesis defense.
- 1982 - 1983 Assistant Physician, Department of Endocrinology and Metabolic Disorders, University of Mainz.
- 1984 Training for the title of Doctor of Medicine, Department of Hematology, Oncology and Rheumatology at the University Hospital Heidelberg.
- 1984 - 1985 Research Internship, German Cancer Society, Ontario Institute for Cancer Research, Toronto, Canada.
- 1986 Homecoming, work in the Department of Hematology, Oncology and Rheumatology at the University Hospital Heidelberg.
- 1991 Habilitation and Venia Legendi, Internal Medicine.
- 1994 Visiting Physician, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle, WA, USA.
- 1995 Acting Head of the Section of Clinical Cooperation in Molecular Hematology and Oncology at the German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg.
- 1996 - 1999 Acting Head of the Department of Hematology, Oncology and Rheumatology, University of Heidelberg.
- 1997 Appointment as Extraordinary Professor.
- 1998 - 1999 Leading Senior Physician.
- Since 1999, Head of the Department of Hematology, Oncology and Clinical Immunology at the University Hospital Duesseldorf.
Photo of the doctor: (c) Universitätsklinikum Düsseldorf