Treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) with transurethral needle ablation of the prostate (program ID: 83393)
University Hospital Duesseldorf
Peter AlbersSpecialized in: adult and pediatric urology
Department of Adult and Pediatric Urology
- Initial presentation in the clinic
- clinical history taking
- review of medical records
- physical examination
- urological examination
- laboratory tests:
- complete blood count
- general urine analysis
- biochemical analysis of blood
- inflammation indicators (CRP, ESR)
- indicators blood coagulation
- tumor marker, PSA
- ultrasound pelvic rectal/ abdominal
- preoperative care
- transurethral needle ablation of the prostate
- symptomatic treatment
- control examinations
- the cost of essential medicines and materials
- nursing services
- full hospital accommodation
- explanation of future recommendations
You may also book
About the department
According to the Focus magazine, the Department of Adult and Pediatric Urology at the University Hospital Duesseldorf ranks among the top German departments specializing in prostate cancer treatment!
The department offers the widest range of modern diagnostic and therapeutic methods for accurate detection and treatment of diseases of the genitourinary system in men and boys. The department is headed by Prof. Dr. med. Peter Albers. He is an expert in extensive operations to treat tumors, including the especially complex operations, as well as a recognized Research Fellow in Urologic Oncology. Thanks to his productive work as the Chief Physician, the department’s scientific activities thrive, while they are the basis for the introduction of the innovative, most sparing treatment methods into the clinical practice.
The priority focus of the department is the treatment of prostate cancer (certification of the German Cancer Society). Also, the department's doctors have exceptional experience in the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia, tumors of the bladder, kidneys, and testicles. If necessary, the surgical treatment is performed using minimally invasive, robotic interventions, and also laser technologies are widely used.
The specially trained team of doctors treats urological pathologies in children. The extensive consultations on all problems of the urological range are provided for young patients and their parents. The most common pathologies in this field are phimosis, cryptorchidism, varicocele, hypospadias, and epispadias, urinary incontinence.
The surgical service range of the department includes:
- Laparoscopic interventions
- Endoscopic extraperitoneal radical prostatectomy
- Nephrectomy (including the radical nephrectomy in tumors)
- Radical cystectomy
- Kidney pelvis plastic repair
- Varicocele surgery
- Robotic surgery (DaVinci surgical system)
- Robot-assisted endoscopic extraperitoneal radical prostatectomy
- Robot-assisted kidney surgery
- Robotic-assisted radical cystectomy
- Robot-assisted kidney pelvis plastic repair
- Endoscopic interventions
- Rigid and flexible urethrocystoscopy
- Rigid and flexible ureterorenoscopy
- Ureterolitolapaxy, including laser lithotripsy
- Percutaneous nephrolithotripsy
- Percutaneous nephrostomy
- Internal ureterotomy
- Internal urethrotomy
- Transurethral prostate resection (including holmium laser treatment (HoLEP/HoLAP))
- Transurethral resection of bladder tumor
- Classic surgical interventions
- Tumor nephrectomy (access through the lumbar spine or peritoneum)
- Kidney pelvis plastic repair
- Urethral surgery
- Open adenomectomy
- Closure of the bladder or ureteral fistula
- Nephroureterectomy with bladder cuff overlay
- Lymph node resection in the retroperitoneal space (before and after chemotherapy)
- Cystectomy (including orthotopic bladder substitution)
- Other surgical interventions
- Since 2008 and to the present day, Head of the Department of Adult and Pediatric Urology at the University Hospital Duesseldorf.
- 2003 - 2008 Chief Physician of the Department of Urology at the Kassel Clinic.
- 1994 - 2003 Department of Urology, University Hospital Bonn.
- 1997 Habilitation.
- 1991 - 1994 Research Fellow in the Department of Urology at the University Hospital Mainz, Research Internship at the German Research Foundation of the USA (Indianapolis).
- 1988 Title of the Doctor of Medicine.
- Urologic Oncology with an emphasis on Prostate Cancer, Urothelial Cancer, Germ Cell Tumors.
- Scientific guidance of the PROBASE on risk-adjusted PSA screening in prostate cancer screening.
Memberships and Awards
- 2016 - 2018 President of the German Cancer Society.
- 2012 President of the German Cancer Congress.
- Ex-Spokesman and Board Member of the Working Group on Urological Oncology of the German Cancer Society.
- 2008 - 2016 Representative of the Certification Commission of the Prostate Cancer Centers of the German Cancer Society.
- Member of the European Organisation for the Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC).
- 2013 - 2016 Member of the Scientific and Program Committee of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO).
- Since 2012, Member of the Scientific Bureau of the European Association of Urology (EAU).
- Chair of the Group for the Development of Guidelines on Testicular Cancer Treatment (EAC).
- Member of the Movember International Research Advisory Council (testicular cancer RAC).
Accommodation in hospital
- Program [Description]
Treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) with transurethral needle ablation of the prostate
- Hospital: University Hospital Duesseldorf
- access_time Duration:
There are 62 benign prostatic hyperplasia (bph) treatment hospitals on Booking Health websiteShow all clinics