Treatment of Abdominal Obesity (Central Obesity) Surgically
Best hospitals and doctors for abdominal obesity treatment abroad
It is now possible to go to Germany for treatment!
We issue urgent medical visas to enter Germany!
Please contact us! We know everything about the available flights around the world!
The selection of doctors and clinics is carried out on the basis of annual qualification reports. The main selection criterion is the number of operations or procedures performed. It takes into account experience, reputation in the medical society, the availability of quality certificates and high specialization in a certain field.
Cost for treatment
Department of Plastic Surgery
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Department of Plastic Surgery and Hair Transplantation
Department of Plastic Surgery, Adult and Pediatric Hand Surgery
Department of Plastic, Burn Surgery and Hand Surgery
Department of Adult and Pediatric Oral, Maxillofacial, Plastic Surgery
Department of Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery
Department of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery
Department of Aesthetic, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Department of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, Plastic Surgery
Department of Adult and Pediatric Plastic, Reconstructive Surgery
Department of Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery, Hand and Burn Surgery
Department of Plastic Surgery and Hand Surgery
Department of Adult and Pediatric Oral, Maxillofacial Surgery and Facial Plastic Surgery
Department of Plastic, Reconstructive, Hand Surgery and Burn Surgery
Abdominal obesity is condition whereby the amount of visceral fat in the abdominal area becomes excessive. This fat build up between the stomach and the intestines causes weight gain that can be dangerous, as deposits of visceral fat produce toxins and chemicals which can lead to various diseases. Visceral fat also produces certain chemicals that increase the risk of heart disease and diabetes.
According to the American Cancer Society, abdominal obesity can lead to the development of cancer of the colon, pancreas and esophagus. Abdominal obesity also considerably lowers quality of life: physical activities become more difficult and the individual soon becomes short of breath and experiences a rapid heartbeat.
Generally speaking, a waist measurement of 90 cm in women and 100 cm in men is a call for concern. Even if all other areas of the body are normal, obesity in the abdominal area can be dangerous, leading to high cholesterol levels, congestion of the arteries and thrombosis.
WebMD reports that, in the USA alone, 54 million people are in the prediabetes stage, which means that they are at great risk of developing diabetes in the next 10 years. Losing fat in the abdominal area by just 10% lowers the chance of developing diabetes by 50%.
Eating an excessive amount of foods that are high in carbohydrates, saturated fat and chemicals, is the main cause of abdominal obesity. A sedentary lifestyle is also a contributing factor. If obesity is caused by a metabolic disorder or thyroid problem, these conditions should be treated first.
- Waist measurement more than 90 cms
- Shortness of breath
- Inability to exercise for a long time/walk long distances
- Rapid heartbeat when exercising
- Night sweats
- During a general examination, the doctor will measure the patient’s waist and ask them if they have put on weight suddenly or over some period of time.
- The doctor will ask the patient about their dietary habits and whether or not they exercise, drink alcohol or smoke.
- The doctor will also inquire about the patient’s family history.
- An echocardiogram may be used to check if the heart is working normally and whether it has been influenced by abdominal obesity.
- Dieting and exercising are the most effective ways of reducing visceral fat.
- Abdominoplasty is an open surgical procedure that removes excess visceral fat from the abdominal area.
- Laser liposuction is a surgical procedure that uses a laser to remove the visceral fat.
- Subcutaneous liposuction is a surgical procedure that uses a suction technique to remove excess subcutaneous fat.